Position 2015 SuperCoach rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ciaran Byrne any chance of getting a gig anytime soon? Noticed he was listed as a test last week, but didn't see him in the vfl side. I want to get a D/F DPP guy to link up with Higgins
I was just about to ask this, what is your opinion on having a floating donut as in Goddard D/F 122k who may play or Albaina Davis D/F 117k who won't instead OR do you think cash generation is still important with Ciaran Byrne?

I was just about to ask this, what is your opinion on having a floating donut as in Goddard D/F 122k who may play or Albaina Davis D/F 117k who won't instead OR do you think cash generation is still important with Ciaran Byrne?
I'd rather have someone that's going to play. I've never tried it, and I know that Jiska likes having one, but I just don't get the floating donut. Like, obviously it's better than having someone not playing that doesn't have DPP, but as long as you have a 0 for your captains loophole I think you'd want as many playing as possible. Especially in the latter part of the year when trades are getting low and players are getting injured/dropped/rested. I guess it's handy for loopholing rookies early on in the year, but by now most teams are nearly full of premos anyway

I'd rather have someone that's going to play. I've never tried it, and I know that Jiska likes having one, but I just don't get the floating donut. Like, obviously it's better than having someone not playing that doesn't have DPP, but as long as you have a 0 for your captains loophole I think you'd want as many playing as possible. Especially in the latter part of the year when trades are getting low and players are getting injured/dropped/rested. I guess it's handy for loopholing rookies early on in the year, but by now most teams are nearly full of premos anyway

Trading in a floating doughnut this time of the year is all good, so long as you have 10+ trades left. However, 7 trades or less, you're just asking for on field doughnuts during SC finals.

Looking at him for bench cover but his JS doesnt look good. For him to keep his spot would mean a regular gets pushed out unless theres a lot of injuries.
Colquhoun probably wouldn't need many, if any, injuries to hold his spot. Port only have 3 players listed as injured now. Shaw 4-5 weeks, White 3-4 and Polec TBA. If he can get a game with so few players unavailable his prospects would seem better than most rookies.
Also makes you wonder why Port are playing like crap with an almost full strength lineup.

Krak is on my MID bench. He plays early in the round. If he scores 96 and then Steele later scores 58, I would be pissed off.

Cash generation is important early in the year. If you're doing it right, you should be close to full Premo by now with 2-3 bench Rookies earning a bit of cash to maybe make subtle changes down the track. If you're thinking of bringing in a 120k Rookie at Round 14 to generate cash (which will take you 5-6 weeks before you get it) I'd suggest your strategy is slightly flawed. Just my personal thoughts FWIW. At this point you should be concrating on getting maximum scores possible each week, not generating cash.

Krak is on my MID bench. He plays early in the round. If he scores 96 and then Steele later scores 58, I would be pissed off.

Cash generation is important early in the year. If you're doing it right, you should be close to full Premo by now with 2-3 bench Rookies earning a bit of cash to maybe make subtle changes down the track. If you're thinking of bringing in a 120k Rookie at Round 14 to generate cash (which will take you 5-6 weeks before you get it) I'd suggest your strategy is slightly flawed. Just my personal thoughts FWIW. At this point you should be concrating on getting maximum scores possible each week, not generating cash.

The thing with that though, is that a rookie who is posting good scores, will make good cash.

I think you are referring to whether you would crystallise that gain.

I'm more thinking bench coverage rather than cash generation. I'll see how I go though anyway, the way injuries have been this year there's not much point maling long term plans

How do I find out who is the cheapest D/F DPP thanks guys?
One around 102k would be nice.

Saint Goddard is your man. :thumbsu:

I have him at F8 with Higgins in my backline.

I reckon that is going to come in handy for me at some point this season.

Jack Steele says hi. :thumbsu:

Saint Goddard is your man. :thumbsu:

I have him at F8 with Higgins in my backline.

I reckon that is going to come in handy for me at some point this season.
Points wise or DPP?
Yeap the DPP player will come in handy with a fully fit Shooter this weekend, my dilemma lies in if I should be a tight arse and grad some Syd spud and bank 5k, yeah I'm a tight arse. I have Smith at d7 and hope to have Motlop/Higgo at F7. FWIW I getting on the Gawn train for a back up for Budwa this week. Team with that trade...oh and my tight arse Syd spud selection lol. Sorry Thuggie.;):thumbsu:
111.PNG

Points wise or DPP?
Yeap the DPP player will come in handy with a fully fit Shooter this weekend, my dilemma lies in if I should be a tight arse and grad some Syd spud and bank 5k, yeah I'm a tight arse. I have Smith at d7 and hope to have Motlop/Higgo at F7. FWIW I getting on the Gawn train for a back up for Budwa this week. Team with that trade...oh and my tight arse Syd spud selection lol. Sorry Thuggie.;):thumbsu:
View attachment 148321

Nice team mate.

Only issue I have with it is that I would prefer to have McGovern in the backline.

Otherwise awesome team IMO. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, you guys have helped me out heaps with your info so full respect to all BFSC posters... but screen shot should of had Shooter back for Davis but you get the picture.

Maybe swing McGovern back and trade Oxley for another premo forward???

Nice team mate.

Only issue I have with it is that I would prefer to have McGovern in the backline.

Otherwise awesome team IMO. :thumbsu:

Gov is only in his forwards for this week. He said that Brodie Smith was his D7 and has a Sydney rookie D/F on his Def bench to switch with Gov.

Speaking of Jack Steele whats his job security like? I might bring him in this week if clark doesnt play but might just cop the donut for buddy if its no good.
I'd expect him to keep his spot if he continues to play well. As with most rookies though he probably won't get too many chances if he has a poor game

Only 1 West Aussie, that's not good. There was more QLDers which is good for the game, even the ACT got one in there. That Vic country team was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back