Position 2015 SuperCoach rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got Lambert in the middle, Lamb and McGrath up front all warming the bench. I'm thinking Lambert for Krak to keep DPP status. Any forward rookies are coming through
Alternatively... Could do:

McGrath > Krak
Lambert > Gregson

Reckon Gregson has great JS and is not too highly priced yet, getting better each week.

Alternatively... Could do:

McGrath > Krak
Lambert > Gregson

Reckon Gregson has great JS and is not too highly priced yet, getting better each week.

Looked at that but I've also got to trade Bartel out this week, if I move Bonts into the forward line and trade Bartel for Watson/Beams I'm left with no DPP in the guts

Still doubt that Wines would have finished anywhere near Selwood. Selwood was the overall top scorer last season.

Agreed with that, Selwood , Pendles and GAJ (prior to the injury) have been pretty much locked in the top 10 for the better part of a decade.

Looked at that but I've also got to trade Bartel out this week, if I move Bonts into the forward line and trade Bartel for Watson/Beams I'm left with no DPP in the guts
If you have enough cover this week, and Jed Anderson.

Anderson > Gregson
Bartel > whichever forward you like... Leave Bonts in middle.

Next week Lambert > Krak

If you have enough cover this week, and Jed Anderson.

Anderson > Gregson
Bartel > whichever forward you like... Leave Bonts in middle.

Next week Lambert > Krak

Plenty of cover in the middle with TMiller, Cripps, CEY, Berger and Heeny

Its the 2 spuds on the forward bench that hurt

I have to keep a DPP in the mids, Gregson looks good though

Geelong Cats ‏@GeelongCats 5m5 minutes ago

Gore, Blease and Kolodjashnij “pushing their case” to play against North. Kolodjashnij will be named in the 25 tomorrow night #Scott.

I think once JK gets a chance, i think he could hold his spot for a while.

Seems to be what Geelong are looking for and whilst I would expect a solid rather than exceptional first game, I think they may persevere with him at least for long enough for a decent price rise.

At least I hope they do, we need to develop our young backs before our veterans retire.

I think once JK gets a chance, i think he could hold his spot for a while.

Seems to be what Geelong are looking for and whilst I would expect a solid rather than exceptional first game, I think they may persevere with him at least for long enough for a decent price rise.

At least I hope they do, we need to develop our young backs before our veterans retire.
With lonners in doubt he could to thrown in the deep end this week.
But agree he needs to get games this year,good for both our club and SC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With lonners in doubt he could to thrown in the deep end this week.
But agree he needs to get games this year,good for both our club and SC.
Isn't Lonie under an injury cloud? I didn't even see if he was named in last nights squads. *edit - saw he's still there.

Isn't Lonie under an injury cloud? I didn't even see if he was named in last nights squads. *edit - saw he's still there.
by "lonners" he was talking about Lonergan from Cats, and if he's out Jake Kolodjfshsfngdsi might play

Is 450k worth paying for a stepping stone? (Coniglio)
Not for mine. At most you'll make 100-120k. You'd get twice that, and probably more, out of Krakour.

IM(NS)HO, those sort of players are for starting teams. I wouldn't get them in unless they are keepers, because getting them in costs you two trades. You'd be better spending those two trades on slaughtering a cow for a fresh cow and then an upgrade down the track.

Each to their own though. I know some won't agree with me.

Using the pump and dump method has some merit but it's risky and needs to be well planned. I know many were looking at something similar when originally not starting Ablett looking for a player with good scoring and quick cash generation to jump across to a fallen Ablett. Trouble is if you used someone like a Griffen, Swallow or Steven you may make more headaches for yourself than good. If you took Wines though (ignoring the injury) the only headache there would be whether he was worth trading to Ablett or keeping.

There are always too many things that pop up and skittle the best plans, so sometimes it does pay not to over think things and keep it simple. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies in this game.

I'm thinking of hanging on to McGrath for a bit until a decent fwd rookie comes up. I'll use him to loophole. I think I'll get Krak as a sawp for Anderson to give me the DPP lionk in the mids. That, or is it worth trading McGrath for Tarrant depending on how he goes this week? Thoughts?

Tempted to bring in Gregson for Wines, and upgrade Nelson to Sloane next week. (Nelson will be nearly maxed out next week if he scores another 40).

Essentially swapping Nelson for Gregson without missing Gregson's next price rise. Is that worth it in the long run?

Tempted to bring in Gregson for Wines, and upgrade Nelson to Sloane next week. (Nelson will be nearly maxed out next week if he scores another 40).

Essentially swapping Nelson for Gregson without missing Gregson's next price rise. Is that worth it in the long run?
You need to look at who's price rise will be more significant between Nelson I guess and Sloane. Not sure what b.e. are of each but might pay to look if you havent already.

You need to look at who's price rise will be more significant between Nelson I guess and Sloane. Not sure what b.e. are of each but might pay to look if you havent already.

Nelson +21k
Sloane +14k
and I'd be getting Gregson this week therefore not missing his price rise this week of +43k

Alternatively, can get a fallen premo instead of Sloane (Pendles, JPK, Beams etc.). My overall points will suffer this week but in the long run it should pay off.

Assuming that there no injuries or dropped players, the following rookies will be on the bubble after this round (thanks to tooserious).

Pardon the pun but you can stick a fork in the two Lambs, as well as Byrne and maybe Sicily for the time being so the question is, how many of these rooks are realisitic cash cows going forward?

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 4.19.59 pm.png

Personally speaking I'm leaning towards Krak and Tarrant but I'd be interested to hear if anyone is going for more than 2 of the above options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back