Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Kruze over Berger as well just because I think kruze will be a bit more mobile this year. Had some atrocious games in 2012 where he had 2 games totaling 3 combined disposals, but he still managed to average 12 for the season.

At his best Berger was able to rack up a few touches as a link man, but with the new look midfield and Stefan Martin running around they would be less reliant on him so he might see a dip in his disposal average.

I would say he will be rested on the bench rather than the forward line as brisbane will be looking to add experience to some of the younger KPF, where as with Kruze they want to experiment with him in the forward line, so may be more inclined to rest him there.

Kreuzer has been slated as playing predominately as a forward, Malthouse has mentioned this.

Kreuzer has been slated as playing predominately as a forward, Malthouse has mentioned this.

Yeah I read that as well, but I always take everything Mick says with a grain of salt.

He is a ruckman by trade, and i cant see them wasting a full year trying to turn him into a forward, but i can see them easing him into the role, which will hopefully mean he still gets a decent run in the midfield.

NAB cup will prove me right or wrong though.

Yeah I read that as well, but I always take everything Mick says with a grain of salt.

He is a ruckman by trade, and i cant see them wasting a full year trying to turn him into a forward, but i can see them easing him into the role, which will hopefully mean he still gets a decent run in the midfield.

NAB cup will prove me right or wrong though.

They're keen on playing Warnock as the number one ruck, if Kreuzer is played as the number 1 ruck Warnock is out of the side as he is useless at anything else. I personally would want Kreuzer to be our number one ruckman, I think he is one of the best big men at ground level and could have developed into a fine ruckman without injury and having to play him as a tall forward target due to our lack of options up there in past seasons.

They're keen on playing Warnock as the number one ruck, if Kreuzer is played as the number 1 ruck Warnock is out of the side as he is useless at anything else. I personally would want Kreuzer to be our number one ruckman, I think he is one of the best big men at ground level and could have developed into a fine ruckman without injury and having to play him as a tall forward target due to our lack of options up there in past seasons.

Your making me doubt him as a choice now.

Can't think of any ruck rookies who are primed to get a game off the top of my head, Nankervis maybe? They did use Derickx a fair bit last season and will probably go Pyke/Tippett as their main duo.

Was more about the structure/strategy, leading into rd1 from NAB challenge will give us more of an idea if it can be done with actual playing rookie opportunities.

With questions over scoring for Rucks, why commit to a player for whole season when you probably are leaking points from day 1?

I'm leaving this 'Rookie at R2' option up my sleeve heading into rd 1.

Was more about the structure/strategy, leading into rd1 from NAB challenge will give us more of an idea if it can be done with actual playing rookie opportunities.

With questions over scoring for Rucks, why commit to a player for whole season when you probably are leaking points from day 1?

I'm leaving this 'Rookie at R2' option up my sleeve heading into rd 1.

What rookie are you expecting to play though?

If a rookie plays it will be Nankervis or Lobb.

Couldn't understand why they didn't play Nankervis last year, looking at his stats in the NEALF he looks to be leaps and bounds ahead of Derickx.
However if Tippy has been training as a ruck/fwd I can't see him getting a gig unless Tippy or Pyke go down.

Couldn't understand why they didn't play Nankervis last year, looking at his stats in the NEALF he looks to be leaps and bounds ahead of Derickx.
However if Tippy has been training as a ruck/fwd I can't see him getting a gig unless Tippy or Pyke go down.
Spot on mate, preseason of 2014 he was very minorly shaded by Derickx. If Tippo plays ruck/fwd Nankervis wont play. If Tippo stays at home, Nankervis could get gigs. He offers more as a fwd than both Derickx and Naismith. Very competitive battle for second ruck. Champion Data prospectus will be pluggin Nankervis im told, my copy is in the mail still.

What rookie are you expecting to play though?

No idea, will wait & see the NAB challenge.

If no one puts there hand up for rd1 - idea scratched.

But aren't we all waiting on NAB for rookies on all lines? o_O

Perhaps, such as Dimmawitts did in '13 (Blicavs IIRC), R2 might be better off being a rookie?

Subject to availability of appropriate rookie options in rd1.

Whether it's Premo or Mid-Pricer at R1.

RichoRichoRicho

G'day Krk004,

You're right, I started Blicavs at R2 and immediately upgraded into Leuy R4 or R5. Risky move that paid off - not enormously tho - you could argue it wasn't a huge win, but it allowed me more money to spend in the initial team and I suppose made about $50-100k early on in the game which was put to good use. I traded very aggressively early in that year.

If anyone cares I know there is a graphic of my initial team in my twitter @imjohnb
Funnily enough you'll see it wasn't anything special...had its share of bad picks. My trades through the year are where I made up the ground.

Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep in mind tho Blicavs was playing a v.different role to a genuine rookie ruck. Can't see a rookie R2 being available with the same scoring potential this year....ya never know though

There is a slim but real chance that Leon will play Lobb as 2nd ruck loose fwd and release Tomlinson, Phillips is his competition for the spot if it exists..

Didn't they drop Warnock for Wood last year? I would not be surprised to see Warnock not play another game. Once you're on Micks s**t list, it's all over.

There is a slim but real chance that Leon will play Lobb as 2nd ruck loose fwd and release Tomlinson, Phillips is his competition for the spot if it exists..
2nd ruck wont score anywhere near enough for an R2 selection. Could be decent, playing backup at R3 for slightly extra coin however.

Didn't they drop Warnock for Wood last year? I would not be surprised to see Warnock not play another game. Once you're on Micks s**t list, it's all over.

Correct, however was reading today that they're pretty happy so far with Warnock's pre-season so far. Signs are that regardless of who it is, wont be Kreuzer as primary ruckman, hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Correct, however was reading today that they're pretty happy so far with Warnock's pre-season so far. Signs are that regardless of who it is, wont be Kreuzer as primary ruckman, hope I'm wrong.

Initially it'll b a combo:(
but once spud knock and woody fail kreuz will take over as R1

Warnock has already failed and should never play in the seniors again. Wood actually did ok at the end of last season. Kreuzer's career has been derailed by injury and lack of any options in the forward line in past years forcing him to play up there but with a bit more depth this season I haven't been able to come up with a 22 which makes sense with him starting in the forward line, we'll see what they do though.

Warnock has already failed and should never play in the seniors again. Wood actually did ok at the end of last season. Kreuzer's career has been derailed by injury and lack of any options in the forward line in past years forcing him to play up there but with a bit more depth this season I haven't been able to come up with a 22 which makes sense with him starting in the forward line, we'll see what they do though.

Couldn't agree more

Welcome to Micks world

100% agree. Kruezer HAS to be R1 by default

Yep every single fully priced ruckman is overpriced, however also remember that Leuenberger and Kruezer will be affected as well thus not appreciating much in value relative to what they would have with the old system. It really depends on whether you want to invest in trades, upgrading mid-pricer rucks who are underpriced and see how far the top-end rucks fall or whether you bite the bullet and spend the coin knowing you're overpaying but also aware that every other ruckman is losing coin too, but not having to burn trades on mid-price ruck upgrades.

Appears to be a Hobson's choice.

Just got the prospectus, check out the adjusted averages from last season for rucks based on the following:

"In 2015, rather than awarding one point for all hitouts, there will be zero points allocated, but the value of a hitout-to-advantage has risen from three points to five, rewarding quality over quantity. The points allocated to the player that wins a gather from a hitout has also dropped slightly, as more credit will be given to the effective hitout."

Jacobs 118.5 to 111.4
Martin 115.3 to 105.0
Sandilands 110.8 to 99.9
Goldstein 106.6 to 96.9
Mumford 112.7 to 100.2
Warnock 81.0 to 69.2
Pyke 79.8 to 70.2
Jamar 84.3 to 72.9
Hickey 86.1 to 75.5
Minson 94.8 to 82.0

It would have been nice of them to adjust the ruck prices based on the adjusted averages.

Also, points awarded for a gather from a hit out have been decreased too therefore I think it would be a good exercise to determine which inside mids have amassed the most gathers from hit outs as they'll be affected too.

Basically in terms of rucks, gotta pick the blokes with the highest h/o adv % who also win possessions around the ground.

very interesting...numbers on the right i take it are the adjusted averages based on new 2015 scoring system? if so, and the numbers on the left reflect the 2014 true avg points, those numbers eg jacobs 118.5, martin 115.3, sandilands 110.8 aren't correct.
2014 actual avgs were jacobs 115.4, martin 111.7, sandilands 108.0, i thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back