2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooked.

Club is an embarrassment now. Fans being treated with contempt too. lol @ Nicholls sacked for disciplinary reasons, what a crock ffs.

Sage and Brewer * off you slimy campaigners.

Absolutely shattered, club could have finally turned it around this season but now we're resigned to mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Got $100 on Sydney at $2.62 though, get on that.

From a mate on Facebook:

I've always thought the emotional rollercoaster of supporting Perth Glory mimicked being in a relationship. Given that, today feels like I imagine it would when you learn your wife has been having an affair the whole time.

The club's lowest ebb. The legacy we once had is gone. We could and celebrate all those years of mediocrity, british style managers and the like but no we are cheats and that it was the lowest of the low. Will be there tonight to see what happens off the pitch more than on it but will also be there to support the players.

Anyhoo..go Phoenix or United. * the rest.

From a mate on Facebook:

I've always thought the emotional rollercoaster of supporting Perth Glory mimicked being in a relationship. Given that, today feels like I imagine it would when you learn your wife has been having an affair the whole time.
I think it's more like your girlfriend finally sleeping with you after a long time, only to be told she has AIDS afterwards.

From a mate on Facebook:

Fremantle and Glory fan is not a good combination

Fremantle and Glory fan is not a good combination
Other teams: Arsenal
:cool:

I kid. If anything I'd say we got off lightly. 400k over is a massive amount, and from what is alleged apparently we deliberately concealed the extra payments. If there was a draft in the A-League we'd have all of them taken away for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Melbourne Heart/City fan, I have eaten nothing but mainly s**t sandwiches in my years of being an A League fan (never supported Vic-Tree) .. But what happened today, well nothing that happened at my club so far can compare ..

I just feel so rotten for you guys, Kenny Lowe and the players, you deserved so much better.

I feel the finals exile is an excessive and inappropriate punishment, one that may have the potential to turn Glory fans members from the A League.

Hopefully there is an consortium out there willing to buy your club off Tony Sage ..

Would like to urge Glory fans here to stick fat with your football club. You've had a fair load of s**t sandwiches dealt yourself (crap ref in the granny against Roar, FFA Cup final held in West Horsham etc).
Don't let idiots like Sage ruin your passion for the A League and your club, the A League needs stalwart fans like you :)

Well well well.

When the club sacked Alistair Edwards to stick with the 'boys club', I stopped supporting them and the chickens look like they have come home to roost.

The club dropped the long term plan of developing youth and went the easy fix of buying success which is apparently not so easy with a salary cap in place.

The club has become a shambles. As a Fremantle Dockers member for over 15 years, I recognize a shambolic club when I see one, but Glory are on their own for incompetence at this level. This town deserves a hell of a lot more than what they deliver.

Frankly - sucked in !

Last edited:
As a Melbourne Heart/City fan, I have eaten nothing but mainly s**t sandwiches in my years of being an A League fan (never supported Vic-Tree) .. But what happened today, well nothing that happened at my club so far can compare ..

I just feel so rotten for you guys, Kenny Lowe and the players, you deserved so much better.

I feel the finals exile is an excessive and inappropriate punishment, one that may have the potential to turn Glory fans members from the A League.

Funnily enough, as a fan I think the punishment was not excessive or inappropriate (if what is alleged is true). It is cheating, and apparently the management conspired to hide evidence of this cheating. And the club is responsible for what its management did.

The fans have mostly stuck by during the hard times - they stuck by during the transition from NSL to A-League - the club will survive, like your AFL club after that whole salary cap thing in the early 2000s. This stench however will remain attached to the club for the rest of its life, and by extension its fans. And that's the real sad thing about it all.

On the contrary, I think we got off lightly.

Please just stop.

Statement from Perth Glory Football Club in response to the FFA’s decision

As a result of Football Federation of Australia’s announcement to eliminate the club from finals football, I can today inform you that the club is taking counsel and considering all avenues available to it. Our decisions and approach will be predicated in part on the following facts:

1. The Club’s Total Player Payments for the 2014/15 Contract Year are forecast by the club to be less than this year’s Salary Cap of $2.55m.

2. All payments to its players, coaches and administration staff are made directly by the Club’s finance department, and recorded in its accounts which are independently audited on an annual basis and submitted to the FFA annually and have been reviewed by the FFA as part of the ongoing process of the past few months.

3. The Club has cooperated with the FFA in this process as it did with an initial show cause notice issued to it in February. That process showed Perth Glory FC did not exceed the Salary Cap in any previous season.

Perth Glory fans should be in no doubt that the Club will be responding to the FFA determination and that our players will be playing for important points tonight and in the coming weeks.

Jason Brewer

CEO, Perth Glory FC

I'm watching an illegal stream of the game (well it's in the background) and the atmosphere sounds completely off the chain.

Tonight I am embarrassed to be not only a Terrace member but also a Glory supporter after the actions in the Terrace. It was a f***** disgrace and half of them at least should be banned. Starting fights, firing a flare gun at the ground (twice) which caused a kid to be taken to hospital, flares in general, trying to fight security and police, chants abusing security when they are doing their job, standing on and bouncing on seats. I will admit that most of the offenders were not usually guys who are on the terrace. Part of the problem were those wannabe hard c*** juvies who try to emulate what they see in parts of Europe. My biggest gripe is that there were young kids joining in without understanding what they are getting themselves into. Hopefully all those who deserve bans were caught on camera and have the appropriate action taken against them. It's a shame there will most likely be no terrace next season after tonight's events as I have enjoyed it a lot more than I did the shed.

Tonight I am embarrassed to be not only a Terrace member but also a Glory supporter after the actions in the Terrace. It was a f***** disgrace and half of them at least should be banned. Starting fights, firing a flare gun at the ground (twice) which caused a kid to be taken to hospital, flares in general, trying to fight security and police, chants abusing security when they are doing their job, standing on and bouncing on seats. I will admit that most of the offenders were not usually guys who are on the terrace. Part of the problem were those wannabe hard c*** juvies who try to emulate what they see in parts of Europe. My biggest gripe is that there were young kids joining in without understanding what they are getting themselves into. Hopefully all those who deserve bans were caught on camera and have the appropriate action taken against them. It's a shame there will most likely be no terrace next season after tonight's events as I have enjoyed it a lot more than I did the shed.

The rot starts at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back