2016 AFL U18 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing short of a royal commission into why Pitman was not AA. Best and most consistent for SA over the champs for mine and almost best of the entire champs of all players. Huge joke. To have Bowes there over him is a clear case of favourites.
The U18s AA squad is quite political and needs to be "inclusive".
Player from minnow states need to also get a pat on the back as well.

The U18s AA squad is quite political and needs to be "inclusive".
Player from minnow states need to also get a pat on the back as well.

The "pat on the back" is selection in the Allies team. If you're good enough to make AA after that, well done.

No politics whatsoever

You don't go from being the clear stand-out, number 1 ranked player across the entire champs, as a bottom-ager one year, to dropping off the radar almost completely the next.

This one is as obvious & as stark as it gets.

He was the number 1 ranked bottom aged player last year, not the overall ranked number 1 player right?

Need to put that into more perspective too, he played for a dominate Queensland team that allows talented underagers to play significant role, oppose that to players that will challenge for the top selection in Ainsworth, Brodie etc these players play fair less significant role in their underage years, as generally their draft eligible team mates get the better roles and times.

Before you jump to the invested interest defense, I am disappointed that he hasn't kicked on as expected too, and wouldn't have minded paying a higher price if he had a better championship.

He was the number 1 ranked bottom aged player last year, not the overall ranked number 1 player right?

Need to put that into more perspective too, he played for a dominate Queensland team that allows talented underagers to play significant role, oppose that to players that will challenge for the top selection in Ainsworth, Brodie etc these players play fair less significant role in their underage years, as generally their draft eligible team mates get the better roles and times.

Before you jump to the invested interest defense, I am disappointed that he hasn't kicked on as expected too, and wouldn't have minded paying a higher price if he had a better championship.
Last year it was just Division 2 as well, wasn't it?

Going back to rating players, I think of Fisher as this year's Caleb Daniel.

Just his ability in traffic is amazing. Can't wait for his u18 highlight video to come out!

Ok... Here's a list of YouTube videos... Including one with highlights of all players.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLam_-covxzpZpr1VUsVQwp_GDZmoC18Qs

They have one of fisher vs allies, but I want to highlight the one game he had vs vic metro, where I thought he was outclassed, but still was one giving it all.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back