2016 Carlton Supercoach/Dream Team/Fantasy questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a left of centre one - reckon Casboult is worth a punt? He's trimmed down and hopefully will get a lot more of it around the ground like NAB1 and might benefit from more inside 50s this year....
Not for me. Not for his price. I'd rather save 50k and take (another) punt on Thomas. Might be more worth it if he had dual position status, but is only a forward.

Here's a left of centre one - reckon Casboult is worth a punt? He's trimmed down and hopefully will get a lot more of it around the ground like NAB1 and might benefit from more inside 50s this year....

Can't see him averaging more than 75-80. May have one or two blinders where he kicks a bag and scores 120+, but most week's he'll be held to a goal or two with half a dozen possessions, and less time in the ruck means less hitouts as well.

Levi has never shown himself to be a prolific scorer and I can't see that changing now - has averaged 60 odd over the past few years and I'd expect his 2016 average to be similar.

He does have very good job security so he'd potentially be a good target late in a draft league but not in salary-based draft games. Doesn't have much upside or potential to make you the $$ you'd be hoping for from a mid-priced player. There are many better options out there.

Weitering? (spelling?) was very impressive from all the reports I have read and heard.
What are his prospects for a round one berth indeed how does he slot into best 22 if at all?
WC answered (poorly:drunk:) if you want!

Take it easy Blues!:thumbsu:

Weitering? (spelling?) was very impressive from all the reports I have read and heard.
What are his prospects for a round one berth indeed how does he slot into best 22 if at all?
WC answered (poorly:drunk:) if you want!

Take it easy Blues!:thumbsu:

Saw him today, the kid is a monster, looked like he read the game well and was there to intercept mark on quite a few occasions. Im not sure if it was pressure or nerves but he did stuff a few possessions. Rowe was atrocious so i see JW being best 22 from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope this helps a little for the people who don't know Carlton Well.

Carlton

FB; Z. Touhy, M. Jamison, J. Weitering
HB; K. Simpson, S. Rowe, S. Docherty
C; D. Thomas, P Cripps, B. Boekhurst
HF; A. Everitt, L. Casboult, D. Armfield
FF; J. Lamb, A. Walker, D. Gorringe
R; M. Kreuzer, B. Gibbs , M, Murphy
Int; S. Kerridge, N. Graham, E. Curnow, S. White

Emg; A. Phillips, M. Wright, C. Curnow

Injured but should play at some point: L. Plowman, (K. Jaksch), L. Sumner

Backs
Weitering; Great JS, should play the 3rd tall and his biggest strength is reading the play and leaving his man, very good at intercept marking and below his knees, didn't seem to panic. Needs to average 70-80 to make $150k, not sure he has that in him.

Simpson; Amazing history with games played every season, but getting older, should hold his average, but age could catch up with him, not a lot of upside and some downside risk.

Docherty; Has increased his average every year and could do the same again, risk is role change don't know what Bolts has planned for him. Possible midfield time but that doesn't always mean more points.

Midfield.
Gibbs; If he was a forward/back a lock, in the midfield no. Should improve his average from 80 to 100+, probably not enough to become a keeper and not enough to make $150k cash.

Kerridge: Lock, will play every game and average 70-80.

Cripps; Will be a fantasy star of the future, but at his price will need to make the keeper range cant see that happening this year.

Forwards.
Thomas; Looks to have some of that speed and penetration back in his kicking, training very well. More DT than SC but worth a look.

Rucks.
Kreuzer: #1 ruck and will score well in that role, but injury history and better ruck options.

Gorringe/Philips; Will fight out the forward/ruck role, at this early stage Gorringe looks better forward and Phillips better in the ruck, So I got Gorringe in the team. But it could well be Kruz and Phillips 50/50 sharing the ruck role.

Reading your best 22 thread is interesting reading from a SC perspective. On the SC board, NO-ONE is talking about C Curnow. He's a big lad and surely will get some time.
Can I have some Blue baggers 2 cents worth on if it would be considered worth it, to put C Curnow in a spot on the forward line. Seems like he'll get an extended crack at some stage. Surely.

Thankyou for your time!

Reading your best 22 thread is interesting reading from a SC perspective. On the SC board, NO-ONE is talking about C Curnow. He's a big lad and surely will get some time.
Can I have some Blue baggers 2 cents worth on if it would be considered worth it, to put C Curnow in a spot on the forward line. Seems like he'll get an extended crack at some stage. Surely.

Thankyou for your time!

Don't think he'll score well enough to justify his price tag. In fact, he could well drop in price after his first 3-4 games if he dishes up a few 10-30pt games (which may take 8-10 rounds to accrue), so I'd recommend holding off and maybe grabbing him as a downgrade option later in the year.

Don't think he'll score well enough to justify his price tag. In fact, he could well drop in price after his first 3-4 games if he dishes up a few 10-30pt games (which may take 8-10 rounds to accrue), so I'd recommend holding off and maybe grabbing him as a downgrade option later in the year.
Thanks for your time. LOL @ user name! :D

Thankyou for your time!

I think Bolton will make him earn his spot in the team, might have to play well for 8-10 games at VFL level before he gets a crack. ImO there are better options available

Hey guys, been lurking for a while waiting for someone else to ask.
Boekhorst. Seems like most people see him lining up on a wing. What do you think of him in AFL Fantasy (classic)? Everyone seems to be on Kerridge, can/should I pick both?
Also thank you for picking Cripps. It's great to see him get massive opportunities so early. Even if he was massive against us last year :(
All the best for this year.

Hey guys, been lurking for a while waiting for someone else to ask.
Boekhorst. Seems like most people see him lining up on a wing. What do you think of him in AFL Fantasy (classic)? Everyone seems to be on Kerridge, can/should I pick both?
Also thank you for picking Cripps. It's great to see him get massive opportunities so early. Even if he was massive against us last year :(
All the best for this year.
Boakhorst is a very outside player and at this stage not a great fantasy prospect (doesn't find enough ball) plus a few bad games and could see him dropped back to the VFL. Better options around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back