2016 Clash Guernsey: Two Designs Confirmed!

Which one is best?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This would be a shut up and take my money purchase for me. Have you sent it to Fagan/the club? Looks a whole lot more polished than the one in the voting graphic.
Nah I haven't yet. I might pen him an email when I finish work.

Btw just thinking we would be able to wear this with the navy shorts (my favourite combo) for Sydney away

2016Clash_600w.jpg

Clash2016620_620X370.jpg

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-08-18/two-away-guernseys-confirmed

We're getting both A and D

“As always we will seek to see to wear our ‘home’ guernsey at every opportunity but we think these ‘clash’ versions will be well received next season. We will clearly be the Crows.”

Correct decision, AFC.

Now ******* stick with it! I want a moratorium on alternative jumper designs for at least ten years, preferably 100 years.

Nah I haven't yet. I might pen him an email when I finish work.

Btw just thinking we would be able to wear this with the navy shorts (my favourite combo) for Sydney away

Geelong sometimes wear white shorts at home too. That said, I think the guernsey would look fine with white shorts anyway.

Correct decision, AFC.

Now ******* stick with it! I want a moratorium on alternative jumper designs for at least ten years, preferably 100 years.

Not gonna happen. Too much money to be made each year or two by changing the away jumpers

Witness the number of people on here who want to buy one

A little river of gold. With blue and red hoops

Not gonna happen. Too much money to be made each year or two by changing the away jumpers

Witness the number of people on here who want to buy one

A little river of gold. With blue and red hoops
Most people would be happy with minor year to year variations. But spend extra on the Heritage and Indigenous jumpers.

There is only a certain amount of money to spend.

Keep the away jumpers pretty much the same but have "special event" jumpers bring in more income.

Jumper collectors will still by the new away jumper with the minor change. Infact they might sell more as people approve of the basic design.

Most people would be happy with minor year to year variations. But spend extra on the Heritage and Indigenous jumpers.

There is only a certain amount of money to spend.

Keep the away jumpers pretty much the same but have "special event" jumpers bring in more income.

Jumper collectors will still by the new away jumper with the minor change. Infact they might sell more as people approve of the basic design.
That is a good point re indigenous guernseys etc.

There never was a regular stream of 1 off options like that so now that there is that could replace the income stream of regularly changing away guernseys. As you say, theres only so much to go around so if someone has already bought a new guernsey at the start of the year, they are less likely to do again when the 2 off ones come out.

I like the concept of keeping a traditional away guernsey that eventually becomes considered us as much as the home one does.

Then have marketable training guernseys, 1 off event guernseys, annual changes to design of warm up tops etc that are designed to boost sales.

Again, id be less likely to buy annoys those things if I had just bought a new away guernsey, but if I buy an away top this year then next year id be much more likely to be in the market for one of those things above in following years

Hey guys just thought I'd stop in and say congrats on getting a vote conducted and concluded so quickly. Not sure if people are overly aware of the Return the Wings push we've had on the Eagles board but take comfort in the fact that the higher ups at Adelaide seem one million times more receptive and honest compared to the CEO and board of West Coast. Best of luck in a few weeks time.

Hey guys just thought I'd stop in and say congrats on getting a vote conducted and concluded so quickly. Not sure if people are overly aware of the Return the Wings push we've had on the Eagles board but take comfort in the fact that the higher ups at Adelaide seem one million times more receptive and honest compared to the CEO and board of West Coast. Best of luck in a few weeks time.

What is this Return the Wings thing?

What is this Return the Wings thing?
A push by many on the Eagles BigFooty board which started 2 years ago to return our jumper to the original design. Our current royal away strip was proposed as our home, with the inverse (yellow body, blue 'wings') as the away and a navy if necessary as a clash. The club was seemingly receptive at first, despite not having a great track record of listening to fans, and organised a poll to vote for your favourite jumper in the club's history. As expected, the two variations of our wings jumper (yellow and royal) won in a landslide.

We then turned up the pressure with flyers at games, petitions and an interview on Nine news, and the club eventually agreed to meet a few representatives. The meeting was great and they proposed that for 2016 they'd be happy to change to a navy wings home (to replace our current tri panel home jumper) with our current royal wings as an away strip should it be the most popular option with a survey released to members and the public. Yet again, the wings design won in a landslide. They mentioned several times in the 'Eagle Eye' magazine that goes out monthly to members that the vote was successful and to expect change, but since the start of the season we've heard nothing.

They keep feeding us some spin about AFL requirements and the difficulty in changing a jumper, and how it takes years to get approval, but the fact that the Adelaide poll, voting, tallying and confirmation process took less hours than we've been waiting days feels like the most recent of a long line of slaps in the face. Both Brisbane and now Adelaide have announced comprehensive jumper changes since we stared the push.

If you'd like to find out more check out the thread or our Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/ReturnTheWings

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/winged-guernsey-petition-letter.1022052

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439972016.049296.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439972090.945130.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks HoneyBadger35, sounds like you guys have quite the task getting through to your administration. We were in the same boat under Trigg for a while, thankfully our new CEO Andrew Fagan has been a breath of fresh air by being proactive when it comes to engaging with members and supporters. Good luck with your campaign.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy, but....

If we are wearing the yellow strip, it is against a club with a predominantly white jumper, right?

Why the * would we be wearing white shorts then?

Navy Blue shorts look way better and do not clash with a white jumper colour.

Call me crazy, but....

If we are wearing the yellow strip, it is against a club with a predominantly white jumper, right?

Why the **** would we be wearing white shorts then?

Cats and North away matches we'll be in the home jumper. And Swans.

Call me crazy, but....

Why the **** would we be wearing white shorts then?

Because navy blue short would clash with Carlton's navy shorts? Or Collingwood's black shorts?

Just a thought

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
White - Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle, WB, Richmond, WC, GC, Hawthorn.

Yellow - Collingwood, North, St Kilda, GWS

Home (as away) - Sydney, Port, Geelong

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

$$$$$$ and probably the Collingwood game. The white strip v black with white strips isn't a great contrast.
That's why clashes are such a load of bolloks most of the time. They let us wear the home strip in the showdown where it's black vs navy.

We only really clash with Melbourne & brisbane.

Then what's the point of Yellow?

We could wear the yellow in away games versus teams like:
- Collingwood
- Carlton
- Essendon
- Fremantle
- Bulldogs
- Melbourne
- Brisbane
- St Kilda

We would wear white against:
- Gold Coast