D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty regulation 80 point rout at Friar Park today with the visitors barely giving a yelp for the second time we have played them this year.

Honestly, they were pretty bloody awful.

Was astonished to see NOBs nearly held out SMS after leading by heaps all day (!) and only an 8 goal to 1 final qtr saw the visitors stumble over the line!

Imagine how tight things could have been.....oh well 3 games to go, and we just have to keep winning....

Pretty regulation 80 point rout at Friar Park today with the visitors barely giving a yelp for the second time we have played them this year.

Was astonished to see NOBs nearly held out SMS after leading by heaps all day (!) and only an 8 goal to 1 final qtr saw the visitors stumble over the line!

Imagine how tight things could have been.....oh well 3 games to go, and we just have to keep winning....

Great win. 44 down to win by 11 at the death was a big effort. Should make finals now but you never know

The quarter by quarter scores don't tell the full story Hedge. In both second and third Qtr SMS closed the gap somewhat only to have NOBS kick late goals. The Saints young legs won out in the end. On another note, watch out for the Bears! Brazzale back with a vengeance kicking 7.

How the arrogance has grown in 5 weeks. Let's hope you don't win those 3 then. I was happier when you were being relegated last year. Damn rupertswood.

How the arrogance has grown in 5 weeks. Let's hope you don't win those 3 then. I was happier when you were being relegated last year. Damn rupertswood.

We finished 8th, and Banyule saved Bulleen Temp's arse.

We finished 8th, and Banyule saved Bulleen Temp's arse.
He has a point though. Think I preferred you as a sad piss pot.:)

Heard an OM aficionado this morning on radio suggest Friars supporters rank up there with the most feral in D1. Surely not!

Heard an OM aficionado this morning on radio suggest Friars supporters rank up there with the most feral in D1. Surely not!

I thought we were pretty tame and boring to be honest

Quite amazing coming from anyone from OMs, about as feral as they get! Like to threaten people for being happy when their side is winning comfortably whilst the OMs coach is giving a massive spray that can be heard all around. Umpires also aren't safe from threats from their players also...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite amazing coming from anyone from OMs, about as feral as they get! Like to threaten people for being happy when their side is winning comfortably whilst the OMs coach is giving a massive spray that can be heard all around. Umpires also aren't safe from threats from their players also...
They are the most tame people in the vafa, what a lot of crap. In fact they are insipid.

Great work Fumbles;), wrong spot on the ladder, wrong team leaving the VAFA (Rupo left in 2012 and even Werribee and Banyule have left since Rupo did). Almost as good as your post earlier in the year about Friar Park being "an absolute s%$thole of a ground. It bogs up massively and don't even try and get a park." Next thing it will be so far out of town and hard to get to!!!

Once again, Friar Park is in very good nick, as it has been for a number of years now. Unlike some other grounds in the VAFA you can even find 60+ carparks within 40m of the ground and another 70+ on the school grounds only a short stroll away. If you use Google Maps you might even find another 20 carparks close to the ground without any parking restrictions. I was even able to find a park on Saturday at half time in the 2's amongst the parents of the 200 kids starting next season attending an info session. Must admit, we're blessed in this grade for some very good grounds (of all shapes and sizes) with plenty of parking - glad to see the back of MHSOB's postage stamp and no parking.

Arrogance! Spare me, we're happy to be in the grade, safe from relegation, playing good footy at present and building for the future. Hedge has worn his heart on his sleeve, through the up and down of this season whether we won or lost. I wish every club in our grade had someone like Hedge providing some input on their team/club on this forum.

Away from the muppets and back to the footy:

NOB's to account for YV by 60+
Panthers to beat SMS by 1 pt (I can only hope)
Oggers to account for BT by 43 points
Friars to squeeze past Prahran by 8 points (keeping our dream alive - no arrogance here)
Ormond to exact some revenge on Kew by 23 points

They are the most tame people in the vafa, what a lot of crap. In fact they are insipid.
Agreed about the tame part, hard to say anything bad about a club with such a great commitment from a very loyal and hard working committee.

I've always found all of the opposition supporters to be feral when they are winning and talking about it and great blokes when they are losing and saying nothing.

NOB's over YV by 73 points, albeit too little, too late after last week's dramatic loss to SMS
SMS by 49 over OMs - lock in 4th.
OGs will push on with their season - a loss by Kew and they keep their slim top 2 hopes alive.
Friars by 4 points over PA - both teams unfortunately just off the pace early in the season, costing them dearly
Kew over Ormond in a classic - high intensity, big hits and a lot of quality ball use - however, Kew will retain their midseason form and beat Ormond by 6 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back