D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work Fumbles;), wrong spot on the ladder, wrong team leaving the VAFA (Rupo left in 2012 and even Werribee and Banyule have left since Rupo did). Almost as good as your post earlier in the year about Friar Park being "an absolute s%$thole of a ground. It bogs up massively and don't even try and get a park." Next thing it will be so far out of town and hard to get to!!!

Once again, Friar Park is in very good nick, as it has been for a number of years now. Unlike some other grounds in the VAFA you can even find 60+ carparks within 40m of the ground and another 70+ on the school grounds only a short stroll away. If you use Google Maps you might even find another 20 carparks close to the ground without any parking restrictions. I was even able to find a park on Saturday at half time in the 2's amongst the parents of the 200 kids starting next season attending an info session. Must admit, we're blessed in this grade for some very good grounds (of all shapes and sizes) with plenty of parking - glad to see the back of MHSOB's postage stamp and no parking.

Arrogance! Spare me, we're happy to be in the grade, safe from relegation, playing good footy at present and building for the future. Hedge has worn his heart on his sleeve, through the up and down of this season whether we won or lost. I wish every club in our grade had someone like Hedge providing some input on their team/club on this forum.

Away from the muppets and back to the footy:

NOB's to account for YV by 60+
Panthers to beat SMS by 1 pt (I can only hope)
Oggers to account for BT by 43 points
Friars to squeeze past Prahran by 8 points (keeping our dream alive - no arrogance here)
Ormond to exact some revenge on Kew by 23 points
Arrogance

Yarra Valley v NOBS/St Pats
St Mary’s Salesian v Old Mentonians
Bulleen Templestowe v Old Geelong
Prahran Assumption v Whitefriars
Kew v Ormond

NOBS St Pats to demolish Yarra Valley

St Mary's Salesian in a physical one against Old Mentonians

Old Geelong to take care of Bulleen Temp

Prahran Assumption by less than a kick over Whitefriars

Match of the round: Kew by 10 points against Ormond

somewhat of an anticlimax when compared to how tight it looked just two weeks ago...:(

Yep - bit of a fizzer really.

With Old Geelong dropping a game to BT, the top four looks settled too. Only interest now is whether OMs can hold onto 8th.

Mind you a birdie told me recently PEGs were considering moving to the EDFL. If true, we could have a 4th straight year where every 9th team from Div 1 gets a reprieve.

As for us today, well we were exposed for lack of size on defence today. We worked hard around the ground but the Two Blues had too much fire power after quarter time and made more of their forward entries, particularly in the last 20 minutes of the game. A tight affair looked like a blow out in the end, but after being up for a month straight, we did collapse a bit once we knew we couldn't win the game and stay alive.

Made no difference in the end as SMS obviously did enough to hold OMs at bay.

Good luck to all finalists. See a couple of you again in 2016.

OM showed what a rubbish club they are all round at Glen Iris.

Only fielded 15 in the reserves
Coach abusing Josh Tanner for the whole of the third quarter, one of the classiest blokes and talented footballers in the comp.
OM players holding down and kicking a SMS player after a late spoiling attempt.

Its called no food in the canteen after half-time, beautiful new clubrooms, but opposition sent up to a dog box on the top ground and to cap it off cold showers. But who cares we will enjoy the victory and the real season will start in 2 weeks , its only 1 all.
Not a bad effort with 10 players 19 or under with a 16yo kicking 3 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its called no food in the canteen after half-time, beautiful new clubrooms, but opposition sent up to a dog box on the top ground and to cap it off cold showers. But who cares we will enjoy the victory and the real season will start in 2 weeks , its only 1 all.

You should continue to tell everyone about how you play 19s kids in your team - we just don't hear it enough! Sounds like you're the only club that does it

And apparently two guys who only have one leg and a kid from the local primary school......but 16 gun players to come back :p

You should continue to tell everyone about how you play 19s kids in your team - we just don't hear it enough! Sounds like you're the only club that does it
Hey richo. The post was primarily about the facilities at Victoria park. What an absolute shithole! Bedford forgot to mention the blue stones that surround the boundary line. What a *ing joke. One of the ressies boys got thrown onto the stones & broke his leg. It's a disgrace that a ground is set up so poorly. I hope I never have the mis pleasure of setting foot at that s**t joint again.

Hey richo. The post was primarily about the facilities at Victoria park. What an absolute shithole! Bedford forgot to mention the blue stones that surround the boundary line. What a ruddy joke. One of the ressies boys got thrown onto the stones & broke his leg. It's a disgrace that a ground is set up so poorly. I hope I never have the mis pleasure of setting foot at that s**t joint again.

Beautiful ground with great facilities - don't get a lot of criticism so you should probably stop whinging. If you looked into the new clubrooms you'd realise that it's too small for 2 teams and the away rooms aren't bad at all. See you in finals!

Let me guess - you're going to field 8 13yr olds and 14 17yr olds come finals?

Beautiful ground with great facilities - don't get a lot of criticism so you should probably stop whinging. If you looked into the new clubrooms you'd realise that it's too small for 2 teams and the away rooms aren't bad at all. See you in finals!

Let me guess - you're going to field 8 13yr olds and 14 17yr olds come finals?
Richo, if u think your ground & facilities are up to scratch u need give your seeing eye dog a pat. Unlike Bedford I don't rave on about the players & their age. All good sides have a number of youngsters playing & ours did well today. See u in 3 weeks at hopefully a better set up than your abomination.

Couldn't care less about facilities to be honest. Only In the rooms for an hour or two each game, we're not all prima donna pretty boys. It's the mud I hate!!! It makes my clean skin dirty and messes up my hair

Haven't had complaints about Vic Park until today. Away rooms aren't the best but certainly not the worst. We never had cold showers when we used them in 2013. Plus, we didn't build the new rooms, the council did. Not our fault they didn't make them big enough for two teams. The bluestones I'll give you bedders. It's a joke and we've had players seriously injured because of it but it has nothing to do with the club at all. Take it to council. Ground condition - you wouldn't find many grounds in pristine nick after all the rain we've had as well as there being 2 games prior to the ones.

Arrogant supporters? Were you blokes there in round 10? Goes both ways I'd say. I don't speak on behalf of everyone but I know the general supporter at the club is just happy to see the team doing well again, considering we've come from Division 2 (and 3), and not taking anything for granted.

Anyway, all that's just irrelevant crap it's about the two teams that played yesterday. One of them was harder for longer. The scoreboard didn't truly represent the game as a whole but full credit to Ormond. Looking forward to a potential finals match(es) :thumbsu:

Fair post Workhorse, I wasn't referring to the ground as we have had s**t weather and I didn't mention the bluestone. Having said that the kid that broke his leg on it was on the comeback trail from a host of major injuries and its not the clubs fault at all, but it is dangerous. With the rooms, why build a facility that doesn't cater for opposition teams and that's once again a council issue. Prahran's away rooms are probably a bigger issue as they have plenty of room under the grandstand.
Back to the footy it was a bruising first half with the ball carriers on both sides under pressure and I thought Ormond might crack as our forwards were well down and only kicked 1 goal for the game. Kew also looked to have a few young fellas in the team as well and look to have a good future and will go up to C.

Yep - bit of a fizzer really.

With Old Geelong dropping a game to BT, the top four looks settled too. Only interest now is whether OMs can hold onto 8th.

Mind you a birdie told me recently PEGs were considering moving to the EDFL. If true, we could have a 4th straight year where every 9th team from Div 1 gets a reprieve.

As for us today, well we were exposed for lack of size on defence today. We worked hard around the ground but the Two Blues had too much fire power after quarter time and made more of their forward entries, particularly in the last 20 minutes of the game. A tight affair looked like a blow out in the end, but after being up for a month straight, we did collapse a bit once we knew we couldn't win the game and stay alive.

Made no difference in the end as SMS obviously did enough to hold OMs at bay.

Good luck to all finalists. See a couple of you again in 2016.

Must say I had a different take on the first quarter Hedgy. You mob got away to a flyer in the first few minutes with two quick goals but after the first 7 or so minutes I thought the game was pretty much played on the Two Blues terms for the rest of the quarter. Had their ball movement into the forward half been better and the forwards created more targets they may not have wasted the number of forward entries they had. Thought the few minutes before half time was the only period you guys were really in control.

On yesterdays form I doubt you'd had been a threat had you snuck into the four.

The Two Blues showed a bit in what generally a fairly scrappy affair.

Fair post Workhorse, I wasn't referring to the ground as we have had s**t weather and I didn't mention the bluestone. Having said that the kid that broke his leg on it was on the comeback trail from a host of major injuries and its not the clubs fault at all, but it is dangerous. With the rooms, why build a facility that doesn't cater for opposition teams and that's once again a council issue. Prahran's away rooms are probably a bigger issue as they have plenty of room under the grandstand.
Back to the footy it was a bruising first half with the ball carriers on both sides under pressure and I thought Ormond might crack as our forwards were well down and only kicked 1 goal for the game. Kew also looked to have a few young fellas in the team as well and look to have a good future and will go up to C.
The away rooms at Prahran are disgusting. Do A grade teams have to put up with it in there or is it only a D1 thing? I believe the away cricket change rooms are under the grandstand.

The away rooms at Prahran are disgusting. Do A grade teams have to put up with it in there or is it only a D1 thing? I believe the away cricket change rooms are under the grandstand.
They are. I've coached junior teams there and played against the real Prahran and always used rooms under the stand. It would be interesting to know what happens in Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back