2016 Fed Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

watching the deciding doubles now.

Czechs combo of Pliskova and Hradecka were just too powerful for Switzerland.

the surprising one is the Dutch French game. i am not surprised that Kiki Bertens has won both singles matches against the French. She has had a good year, and a Hewitt like Fed Cup record for the Netherlands. What is surprising to me is that they are 1-0 up in the deciding doubles of Garcia and Mladenovic

Since when has clay been Dasha's preferred surface? :confused: I thought she looked at a distinct disadvantage on it against Keys.

She says it herself. I found the quote.

"I'll be a bit nervous, but I have a great team," Gavrilova said.

"I think having a captain helping me out at every changeover is going to help me a lot because I think I take the information pretty well, so I'm going to listen to Alicia. I think I should be OK."

Gavrilova and Keys have never met before at professional level.

"I think we played each other when we were about 13 but I can't remember much from that," Gavrilova said.

"Clay is my favourite surface and I know it's not hers, so I get a bit of an advantage, and having the home crowd behind us will help us a lot too."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-...ova-to-face-madison-keys-in-fed-cup-o/7330320

Imagine my shock at Stosur playing like a 2 year old on big points again...and losing to McFail seriously Sam!

Thought Dasha played pretty well, no shame losing to Keys and that first set could have gone either way. Keys is a massive confidence player and an even better front runner, if Dasha got the first somehow you never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back