2016 Giants Preseason News All In Here

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-06/the-medical-room-how-is-your-club-faring-this-preseason
Wondered why I hadn't seen anything from WHE this pre-season. Will he ever have an injury free pre-season?

Yeah, for a kid with such talent, he gets no luck. That will set him behind others in the race for early season spots. I guess it will then depend on injuries & how the team plays as to whether he can break into the team later.

Haynes groin is starting to become a chronic issue. He's such a jet when he plays, but likely to always need careful management of his body. So who replaces him early in the season? Does this open a spot for Marchbank, or someone else?

Buntine would be the one to take over from Haynes. A few extra pre seasons gets him over the line. Has shown glimpses of what he can do and should be cherry ripe to find a bit of consistency this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's so crucial to our success this year - the health of our med and tall defenders. Not great to hear about Haynes. Why didn't they just rest him properly last year? We all knew it was an ongoing problem.

It's so crucial to our success this year - the health of our med and tall defenders. Not great to hear about Haynes. Why didn't they just rest him properly last year? We all knew it was an ongoing problem.
They tried resting him a bit. However, I think they realised that rest wasn't going to cut it. He needed surgery, so it was a matter of deciding when. Did they get him at the right time? That's a tough one.

Buntine would be the one to take over from Haynes. A few extra pre seasons gets him over the line. Has shown glimpses of what he can do and should be cherry ripe to find a bit of consistency this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not a like for like replacement for Haynes but I can see Finlayson being trialled down back in the Neafl . Watching him box against Himmelberg he looked a lot bigger and stronger than HH . DIDN'T have a pre season last year so i can see significant improvement in 2016 from him.Whether he gets a game im not sure . Didn't really notice him in the NEafl games I saw last year

Not a like for like replacement for Haynes but I can see Finlayson being trialled down back in the Neafl . Watching him box against Himmelberg he looked a lot bigger and stronger than HH . DIDN'T have a pre season last year so i can see significant improvement in 2016 from him.Whether he gets a game im not sure . Didn't really notice him in the NEafl games I saw last year
I think he'll need another year in the twos myself... Needs to get bigger through the hips and legs.

Open Intra-Club game - Wednesday 17th of Feb

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2016-02-08/giants-intraclub

The football season swings into action next week with the club’s intra-club match at Tom Wills Oval in Sydney Olympic Park on Wednesday, February 17.

Spots in the club’s first NAB Challenge match in Canberra the following week will be on the line as the GIANTS play the GIANTS in a full-scale practice match.

Members and fans are welcome to come and watch with all available players to be split into two teams to compete against each other over four 25-minute quarters.

The match begins at 9am at the club’s training and administration base at 1 Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park. Please note there is no parking on-site.

There’ll be a barbecue and the GIANTS cafe open for food and coffee to purchase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says Ward and Stevie J will be present. My guess:
1. Ward has resigned
2. Stevie J as 3rd Captain
(Davis - backs, Ward - mids, SJ - forwards) or added to leadership group.

Fingers crossed it's Cal committing to the club on long term deal! The other? Well a further Sponsorship deal would be great for some off field progress on that front. I like the idea of SJ being added to the leadership group, but not as another co-captain. Surely you would promote a Scully or Heater ahead of someone who has just joined the club.

I think its a sponsor because they normally dont mention the players involved when its a re-signing.

But with davis injured all the time could it be ward as captain amd stevie as vice ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I don't get the feeling that it's a re-signing of anyone. Feels more distant from the playing group, the way it's being put out there as a live event and a special announcement. I'd think a re-signing would have more hints to it being a re-signing.

Sponsor sounds logical, having captain and biggest off-season name present to promote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back