2016 membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the scarf over the hat, the hats have generally been cheap and weirdly shaped and definitely dont suit my head (which is on the large side...)

Ditto. I actually don't mind it. Good to get a scarf this year as I have good number of Bulldog hats now.

as a social club M i hope i still get both , if not i'll buy them, i ware the cap all over Adelaide and have nearly enough scarfs to make a knee rug . if the Teds towels are still available , there handy for Bowls as i am in the old farts bracket, though young at heart

My wife has sewn all of my scarves (maybe 10), minus the 2016 into a big Bulldogs rug, I've never taken it to the footy, but it'd be the perfect blanket for a typical Western Oval afternoon.

This years scarf is on the cheap side, but I've only ever had one or two hats which fit well enough to consider wearing to the game.

Can anyone confirm if more reserved seats will open up after December 21? I saw somewhere on here that 2015 reserved seats that aren't repurchased for 2016 will become available then. The wife and I are upgrading from GA to silver or gold reserved but want to get the best seats possible. We like to cheer pretty loud, any recommendations for a good lively section?

I've been Isle 37, Lower level for maybe 5 years now and find it a great spot. Right on the wing, with plenty of dies hards, but also plenty of very regulars and families alike. That said it always feels like the play is on the other wing... :)

I've been Isle 37, Lower level for maybe 5 years now and find it a great spot. Right on the wing, with plenty of dies hards, but also plenty of very regulars and families alike. That said it always feels like the play is on the other wing... :)
ive just moved to 37 about 8 rows back....perfect viewing imo :)

Yep, I agree, my family and I are in Aisle 36, great atmosphere, same people in seats around us since moving to Etihad, we have all become good friends and see each other outside of the footy. Also agree about the play seemingly on the other wing though..:) Wouldn't swap though.

Add 4 more to the membership tally. I haven't had the chance over the years to get membership with the wife not really interested and 4 kids, all girls with various weekend commitments, also not that interested. However, my youngest daughter got really into it this year and I've convinced the wife to get a family membership for 2016 so I can take some of the kids along to the games.

We are really building something special and it feels great to now officially be a part of it!

Go the Doggies!!!!

Add 4 more to the membership tally. I haven't had the chance over the years to get membership with the wife not really interested and 4 kids, all girls with various weekend commitments, also not that interested. However, my youngest daughter got really into it this year and I've convinced the wife to get a family membership for 2016 so I can take some of the kids along to the games.

We are really building something special and it feels great to now officially be a part of it!

Go the Doggies!!!!

Amazing how much easier it is to get the kids on board when we are winning!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how much easier it is to get the kids on board when we are winning!
I know family traditions and locality play a part but I reckon at least half of the supporter base for clubs comes from their winning years. I have brothers who support Hawthorn and Richmond. Guess who was winning premierships when they were about 6 years old?

I know family traditions and locality play a part but I reckon at least half of the supporter base for clubs comes from their winning years. I have brothers who support Hawthorn and Richmond. Guess who was winning premierships when they were about 6 years old?
I agree very much so.

I actually lost one of my kids to supporting Richmond purely because I took her to a Bulldogs Richmond game at Etihad when she was about 8 yrs old and we got pummelled by them. With all the Richmond supporters singing the song and screaming for each goal I completely lost her that day. I am still trying to get her back but it's hard when the team play so poorly and with no excitement. Now with some good young players, an exciting brand of play and some wins on the board it was much easier to get the younger ones going the right way.

Coincidentally I took my youngest daughter to the Richmond game this year as her first ever game. I was a little worried that the same thing might happen but the boys delivered a great win and she thoroughly enjoyed it with her own pair of binoculars and dancing and singing the song at the end of the game. Suffice to say that the experience played a big part in cementing all my good work on convincing her to support the doggies. Now I need to get her to understand that losing can and will happen as well but we don't stop supporting them because they need us more than ever then. Last season was good like that because we won some I thought we would lose and lost some I thought we would win, so a good learning experience. Either way, it's true that winning in the early years helps a great deal.

I agree very much so.

I actually lost one of my kids to supporting Richmond purely because I took her to a Bulldogs Richmond game at Etihad when she was about 8 yrs old and we got pummelled by them. With all the Richmond supporters singing the song and screaming for each goal I completely lost her that day. I am still trying to get her back but it's hard when the team play so poorly and with no excitement. Now with some good young players, an exciting brand of play and some wins on the board it was much easier to get the younger ones going the right way.

Coincidentally I took my youngest daughter to the Richmond game this year as her first ever game. I was a little worried that the same thing might happen but the boys delivered a great win and she thoroughly enjoyed it with her own pair of binoculars and dancing and singing the song at the end of the game. Suffice to say that the experience played a big part in cementing all my good work on convincing her to support the doggies. Now I need to get her to understand that losing can and will happen as well but we don't stop supporting them because they need us more than ever then. Last season was good like that because we won some I thought we would lose and lost some I thought we would win, so a good learning experience. Either way, it's true that winning in the early years helps a great deal.
Good post ExRB.
If you successfully convince your daughters about the need to hang tough in the hard times there will be a role for you at VUWO!
(And if you don't care for that you'll still have been a great Dad to pass on some of life's important lessons to your kids :thumbsu:)

21,941 now.

But I had a quick look at the Saints (24,500) and Demons (25,400) and it doesn't paint a great picture for us if we compare externally. Internally we're tracking very well though.

My wife has sewn all of my scarves (maybe 10), minus the 2016 into a big Bulldogs rug, I've never taken it to the footy, but it'd be the perfect blanket for a typical Western Oval afternoon.

This years scarf is on the cheap side, but I've only ever had one or two hats which fit well enough to consider wearing to the game.

My gf did the same for me with all my scarves. It is now a back seat cover in my FC Holden. My grandson loved it so she made him one too with all the scarves my ex left behind.

21,941 now.

But I had a quick look at the Saints (24,500) and Demons (25,400) and it doesn't paint a great picture for us if we compare externally. Internally we're tracking very well though.

Last year the Saints ran a 25000 by 25th Dec promotion, so they're similar to last year. They struggled to add many numbers after that though - think they finished somewhere around 30k

I agree very much so.

This post confuses me, children get a choice of which team they go for?

for arguments sake only: Lets say for 2017 we have 75000 members and not everyone could fit into etihad stadium. how would that work?

for arguments sake only: Lets say for 2017 we have 75000 members and not everyone could fit into etihad stadium. how would that work?

General admission memberships don't guarantee you entry into the ground. Reserved seat holders would definitely get in, but the rest would be first in unless they upgrade to a reserved seat for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back