Injury 2017 Injury News

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably be conservative with him and call it the rest of the season, we were lucky it was a PCL. Wrap him up in cotton wool and have him ready to tear the pre-season to shreds.
Agree, wrap him up

In fact we should wrap up all of the boys with injurys ( Lynch's back for instance) and play as many kids as possible.

http://m.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2017-08-01/optomo-injury-report-round-20
Summary:
Sexton and Ah Chee set to miss this week with concussion
Witts set to miss this week and probably the next.
Fiorini will be rested this week with a tight hammy
Ainsworth is better than expected, will miss 2 games
May and Ablett have progressed well and should play this week
Lyons and Matera should be back next week for the Q Clash
Thompson they want to get back for the last game and Leslie for the Bombers game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And in my humble opinion approx 12 are in our top 22.
We've hit the tipping point.
No doubt.
Effort please boys.

Exactly

Defenders: Thompson, Leslie, KK, May (expect to play)
Midfielders: Lyons, Barlow, Ablett (expect to play), Fiorini, Sexton, Shaw
Rucks: Witts, Nicholls
Forwards: Day, Ainsworth, Matera, Ah Chee, Loersch

That just hurts. How can we ever see how good this team is, if they never have a best team on the park

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And yet if Ablett and May get up only 3 of the remaining 15 injuries are soft tissue problems. And one of those 3 is of course Rory's hamstring, which by now the injury report should be named after and his name should be engraved on the list. Its not like the majority of these injuries were avoidable or due to management. Its ridiculous.

And yet if Ablett and May get up only 3 of the remaining 15 injuries are soft tissue problems. And one of those 3 is of course Rory's hamstring, which by now the injury report should be named after and his name should be engraved on the list. Its not like the majority of these injuries were avoidable or due to management. Its ridiculous.
Unluckiest club ever?

I feel like Rory should just have a fit list listing how long he will be available rather than injured will usually be 5 mins into the warm up.

2015-16 injuries legitimate excuse

2017 up until this game injuries not an excuse. Our 4th last place on the ladder we have earned through merit.

For the rest of the season though, I'm happy to see a good effort, honourable losses and blame injuries.
Now the horse has bolted, these injuries are not necessarily the end of the world, we can sure up our draft position without tanking being levelled at us.

I feel like Rory should just have a fit list listing how long he will be available rather than injured will usually be 5 mins into the warm up.
I'm so sick of that bloke what a waste of space list spot and money.
Will be at Southport in a couple of years after more wasted years at the Suns sucking us dry for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True I did forget about Mr Baldy's contributions
You forgot that out of a possible 95 games between them over 19 rounds Ablett Hanley Barlow Rischitelli and Matera have played 48 games
That's the equivalent of an 8 cylinder car running on 4
In today's AFL we will be put to the sword week after week with what is basically a decent VFL midfield

If that was his first time running on that alterG machine when he posted the video, than he will still have a number of months to go before he is running normally unaided, being able to make the lateral movements required, and having the confidence in the hip, let alone catching up on the fitness and skills he would have missed. So yeah I can understand the possibility of him not playing next season especially if he suffers any setbacks or doesn't get fit until late in the year. Its great to see him progressing though! A bloody awful injury to come back from.

Also, surely if we are not expecting Day back next season we will be looking to bring in a KPF for depth? We can't rely on just 2MP and Lynch again. They are both running around sore at the moment and need a break. Even if its just like a Petrie to the eagles situation as cover.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back