2017 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Hopper come back through the 2s?
If Shiel doesn't cone up he would have to be a chance to come straight back in surely.
Cogs is a walk up start if on 1 leg & can get through a full game
That's how I see it. Not sure how the medical staff see Hopper but Leon's alluded to a return through NEAFL. Not sure Hopper and Cogs work in the inside mid rotation together first week back anyway. No Toby does limit our options there as well. Report says Dylan cleared of major shoulder issues, and unless someone has info about todays training session I'm guessing Dylan plays. Nothing specific on twitter or website, which might be good news. I suspect anything out of the ordinary would have been reported.

Yes

No - Will come back through the NEAFL, Leon has already said.

He played a full NEAFL game on Saturday. He's in.

Cheers Ellie.

Looks like the Shockers will get a little touch up on the Giants home deck then.

Be good to see Cogs get back to full swing. I rate the way he goes about it, probably your best mid IMO when fit.

Cameron out for 3 weeks, seriously, this just simply isn't our year..

Hamstrung Cameron Out For Three
GIANTS Media July 31, 2017 1:28 PM
CAMERONing-PORT.jpg

A hamstring strain will keep Jeremy Cameron out for three weeks.

Star forward Jeremy Cameron has strained his hamstring and is expected to miss the next three weeks.

Cameron experienced tightness in his hamstring and was rested for a fortnight before making his return in the GIANTS’ win over Fremantle at Spotless Stadium on the weekend.

GIANTS Head of Athletic Performance David Joyce said there was no specific incident that led to the injury.

“He got a hit in his back in the second quarter and felt some symptoms down that leg,” he said.

“He tested really well throughout the second half. We went out repeatedly just to check on him and he was fine. We specifically tested him at three-quarter time and he was fine.

“He actually presented worse post match so we scanned him and unfortunately it’s revealed he’s got a hamstring strain. It’s a grade two which means three weeks.”

More here http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-07-31/hamstrung-cameron-out-for-three

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just confirms what I suspected our medical and rehab staff are not up to the job. He rests from 1 game with "tightness" and cleared for return and now he is gone for 3. I bet it will be more like 6. A clean out is needed at end of season.

This just confirms what I suspected our medical and rehab staff are not up to the job. He rests from 1 game with "tightness" and cleared for return and now he is gone for 3. I bet it will be more like 6. A clean out is needed at end of season.
Or we could assume the medical staff are professionals and know more about this than we do.
Sadly s**t happens. Unless you're qualified?

It's an opinion and going on this season I'll stand by it.
It's reasoning that's absurd to me though. Something goes wrong find a scapegoat, dont be concerned about the causes of the problem, just blame someone cos that'll make things better.

Last edited:
It's reasoning that's absurd to me though. Something goes wrong find a scapegoat, dont be concerned about the causes the causes if the problem, just blame someone cos that'll make things better.

Don't know why your so riled? I stated an opinion which you (and probably) most would disagree with fine that's what makes a forum.

FMD. Did our players smash every mirror they came across, walk under every ladder, and kick every black cat they saw over the off season?
When durable players like Jezza go down, you know you're in the bad books with the footy gods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back