Prediction 2018 Fearless Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Ok it's the off season and if your still here your probably bored with too much time on your hands, like me. :DOr have a government job.
In which case it's time to stick your neck out with the following predictions. I'll start but leave the text clear so you can copy, no excuses

Wins:
Ladder finish:1st
Finals result:

Best and Fairest:
Leading goalkicker:
Most possessions:

Big improvers:
No longer first choice (by the end of the year):
Gone after 2018:

Wins:19
Finals result:Flag

Best and Fairest: Apples
Leading goalkicker: The General
Most possessions: Dylan Shiel

Big improvers: Harry Himmelberg, Will Setterfield, Tim Taranto, Brett Deledio ( more of a comeback obviously)

No longer first choice (by the end of the year): Griffin, have a query on Hopper personally but hope I'm wrong. The coaches obviously don't think so

Gone after 2018: possibly Griffen, don't like to say it but Perryman may seek opportunities elswhere.

redictions?

I Predict you might end up using a spell check at some point next year :)
It's that fat finger thing. I refuse to use auto correct or spell checkers because it takes years to train them to my way of thinking. Will edit though tks

Wins: 17
Ladder finish: 1st
Finals result: 1st

Best and Fairest: Josh Kelly
Leading goalkicker: Jeremy Cameron
Most possessions: Josh Kelly

Big improvers: Harry Himmelberg to become first choice, Zac Williams and Rory Lobb to become recognised stars

No longer first choice (by the end of the year): Ryan Griffen

Gone after 2018: Ryan Griffen, Tim Mohr, Heath Shaw if he declines again, Adam Tomlinson (traded) if one tall defender is squeezed out. Deledio contracted to 2019 but if he has another year of injury he might retire.

Ladder finish: 1st
Finals result: 1st

Best and Fairest: Josh Kelly

Big improvers: Harry Himmelberg to become first choice, Zac Williams and Rory Lobb to become recognised stars

No longer first choice (by the end of the year): Ryan Griffen

Gone after 2018: Ryan Griffen, Tim Mohr, Heath Shaw if he declines again, Adam Tomlinson (traded) if one tall defender is squeezed out. Deledio contracted to 2019 but if he has another year of injury he might retire.
Heater is interesting, I considered him but decided he's probably got 2 years. Assuming he was Extended a year last year, and I haven't seen confirmation from the club, the coaches think so.

At 32 he's at the age it can happen quickly though, and it does seem chinks appeared last year with some howlers at times. His body seems in good shape and it's a big fall from AA to out of the side, but probably a fair call.

Wins: 18
Finals result: Flag

Best and Fairest: Lachie Whitfield
Leading goalkicker: Jezza Cameron

Big improvers: Will Setterfield (an absolute LOCK for the Rising Star!)
No longer first choice (by the end of the year): Heath Shaw
Gone after 2018: Mohr, Shaw, (Adam Tomlinson Saints, Josh Kelly Roos and Lachie Whitfield Hawks hahahahaha)

Ladder finish: 2nd
Finals result: Flag

Best and Fairest: Stephen Coniglio

Big improvers: Will Setterfield, Tim Taranto, Aiden Bonar
No longer first choice (by the end of the year): Ryan Griffen, Brett Deledio
Gone after 2018: Ryan Griffen, Tim Mohr, Jake Stein

Finals result: Premiers

Best and Fairest: Kelly
Leading goalkicker: Cameron
Most possessions: Kelly

Big improvers: Taranto, Setterfield
No longer first choice (by the end of the year): Deledio, Griffin, MDB
Gone after 2018: I think Griffin is on his last chance this season, he's just not offering enough. I hope no one requests a trade but someone like Issac Cumming or Perryman who might not get much opportunity might look elsewhere for game time

There are a lot of teams who could be good but have some question marks.

Here is my stab at the order but it could be way off.

1. GWS - Kelly Shiel Coniglio Whitfield Ward Williams time to make it happen. Team balance towards more forward pressure will make everyone better.

2. Richmond - everyone calling them a fluke and that’s just going to make them mad. Arguably the best attacking midfielder and best defender in the game. Rioli one it the best small forwards, Riewoldt no slouch. Watch out.

3. Sydney - Strong core which is getting towards late twenties and it’s not clear how they will go from good to great. Heeney and Mills?

4. Geelong - Injury permitting they will have the two best midfielders of the last 10 years...plus Joel Selwood. Their best will be unstoppable.

5. Melbourne - Should have made finals despite a mad injury list, just added the best young intercept defender in the league. Their last couple of R23 games weren’t great.

6. Adelaide - Got worse in their weakest area, forward pressure (Cameron) and defensive rebound (Lever and Smith). Midfield much stronger with Gibbs. But Sloane likely FA departure will be a distraction. Unknown.

7. Hawthorn - they should be good. Clarkson is brilliant and they are a mature team. They had a lot of injuries and still finished the year strongly. Unknown.

8. Bulldogs - will they regain their love for the contest? Very strong brigade of mids and half forwards and half backs. Unknown.

9. Port - not convinced about their additions

10. Essendon - not convinced their midfield is good enough

11. Collingwood - great midfield and nothing else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back