VFL 2019 VFL R18 vs Nth Blue (Sun 4 Aug 11.50am @ Marvel) - the TV game few 'pies will see live; #0 Woodward (#towardszeroround)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at the replay and came away very impressed by Keane again. For a 19 year old playing his first season of AFL he looks completely comfortable as a solid defender capable of showing a bit of flair at times as well. Hope he sticks around because i reckon we've found another key back thank god.
Honestly he’s moved into my most intriguing youngster on our list. Has some serious tools imo.

I just believe there is some good talent in our VFL side
To draft into the senior list next year
Woodwood is prime choice
There will be some

Woodward would be on a AFL List now IF he had not done 4 ACL's

Honestly he’s moved into my most intriguing youngster on our list. Has some serious tools imo.
It was pleasing to see Keane take on a couple of opponents and show some offensive ability. If he can continue to develop that aspect it takes his prospects from an old school defender to something much more exciting.

Agree zac
Keane is a warrior holds his ground great core strength and terrific hands
Reading the ball well
Couple of years could be a key forward and certainly have an impact
He's a real find
Think the clubs speculative picks are worthwhile but it does heave us exposed presently for depth with so many injury prone

Sort of pressing our luck

Lot of the lads need a good off season and a few good meals
Know atus not far away
Tackling machine
Club loves him

You’ ve seen the light
“Speculative picks are worthwhile”

So all that unnecessary drama earlier in the thread was premature angst.

Surely if we could waste a spot on Wells and Reid we could waste one for a couple of years of this guy? He'd die before he gave up.
I was actually hoping we would draft him in the mid season draft (although I’m happy with Noble)

Any win against a Carlton side is good to have, ...

Two wins against Carlton is even better!!!

(Our VFLW girls also won against Carlton on the weekend)

I don’t friggen care about our VFLW team ...

Oh, hang on, they beat Carlton ...

Just had a look at the replay and came away very impressed by Keane again. For a 19 year old playing his first season of AFL he looks completely comfortable as a solid defender capable of showing a bit of flair at times as well. Hope he sticks around because i reckon we've found another key back thank god.
....and we have another in Will Kelly

I'm also impressed with Madgen every time I see him at VFL level. Our mistake is that we keep trying to make him a KPD whereas I think he's much better suited to more of a 3rd tall role. Good interceptor, shows poise and dash out of defense. Out of contract at the end of this season but still has another year open as a Cat B rookie so I'm hoping the club retain him if there isn't another option they're looking at.

6kAzPvG.png

QdEVgy0.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks again for posting this. A correction, Pies kicked 12-13-85, and the hitouts appear transposed in the summary.
Thanks. All fixed.

Given those stats, makes no sense the club stating that Madgen was our best....

Jack Madgen
Was named the VFL Pies' best player in the win over the Northern Blues after a dominant display down back. Tallied 24 disposals and four marks.

lol

Appleby and Wilson both rated better than Broomhead! I won't hear it! 1. Woodward, 2. Madgen, 3/4 T Brown/Broomhead (either or).....

It's an oft had argument but without some context as to why they've allocated the votes a particular way, it all becomes very subjective.

Jack Madgen
Was named the VFL Pies' best player in the win over the Northern Blues after a dominant display down back. Tallied 24 disposals and four marks.

lol

I guess they'd base them on the roles they assigned players and how well they've delivered on those, who his opponent was and how well he blanketed them.

Jack Madgen

lol

After watching the game I am not surprised Jen.

I would have went Tyler personally but Madgen was very good.

It's an oft had argument but without some context as to why they've allocated the votes a particular way, it all becomes very subjective.

Yeah, not that subjective when Broomhead laid the tackle for one of Wilson's goals, could have kicked 2 himself, and got the most number of possessions on the ground. Appleby was solid but unspectacular.

Meh.

I know they want to drive poor timmy out of the club re.

If this goes on I swear to god man, I'll fckn microwavbe my membership re. I'll .... oh, I've morphed into the Gimp.

Sigh.

See the lists of VFL players invited to attend the 2019 Victorian combines below.

VICTORIAN STATE DRAFT COMBINE

NAMEVFL CLUB
LochlanDicksonCoburg
SamLowsonCoburg
SamGloverCollingwood VFL
AlexCincottaGeelong VFL
FrankAndersonNorthern Blues
SamFisherNorthern Blues
JakeRiccardiWerribee
JoelOttaviWilliamstown

ROOKIE ME COMBINE

NAMEVFL CLUB