Review 2022 AFL National (& Rookie) Draft(s) Thread II (North's picks - Sheezel, Wardlaw, B.George, Harvey, Drury,Free,Howe,Turner)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but does this mean no Liam Shiels?

I will say it again.

George looks like a pale dweeb in training gear, the type of guy you would line up on pre game in local footy and lick your lips before he morphs into Michael Voss and completely destroys the entire side stoppage by stoppage.

I’d like to see audition a few blokes training over summer including shiels then take the best

We’d have the cap space to have a few blokes on the books for 2 months paying them to train
Unfortunately it's pretty much guaranteed to be shiels. Unless you want to go and clip one of the duds knee caps so we can recruit shiels and someone else

This bloke is going to quit his job, pack up his life and move to the other side of the country to take a punt on fulfilling a life long dream, let's give him a chance to make it rather than question why we drafted another ruck.View attachment 1564957
That's a moot point. All players would have to quit their jobs to be AFL professionals.
And even if they didn't, Deloitte have offices all over the world, so maybe Hamish wouldn't necessarily have to quit his job just for moving to a new city in the same country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a moot point. All players would have to quit their jobs to be AFL professionals.
And even if they didn't, Deloitte have offices all over the world, so maybe Hamish wouldn't necessarily have to quit his job just for moving to a new city in the same country.
You’ve completely missed the point.

Some training snaps from today.

Attachments

• DSC_7401.JPG
    DSC_7401.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 291
  • DSC_7402.JPG
    DSC_7402.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
  • DSC_7408.JPG
    DSC_7408.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 310