Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gino Mader

• Esteban Chaves

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm watching tonight - the first real test for the GC riders. I've been sticking with the highlights for the earlier stages though.
Yeah I couldn't watch the first three stages but I looked at the sprints.

Huge crash, wonder how that affects everything. Yates was actually on the front for once too!

Managed to stay awake tonight, fell asleep on the Roglic stage. Interesting tactics from Quickstep here, it's either keep Remco on the front or set it up with Masnada. Should be a good finish, weather is atrocious
It was bizarre honestly. They're losing time with Masnada on the front now.

Hope Padun gets up

Don't want to build it up cause I want him to win, but Remco looked to do that pretty easy.
He hasn't completed a GT yet and he was over an hour behind there.

Notable losses that stage after the big group:

Lopez 13"
Carthy 30"
Uran 1'05"
Carapaz 1'29"
Landa 4'30"

So the best move for me for Carthy and Uran is to sit up tomorrow, drop a lot more time and go for a stage win on Saturday or Sunday. Carapaz and Landa have to be domestiques now, which is a huge blow for them.

So, overs/unders as to whether or not Landa rides week 2 at all?

I'm restricted to watching the following days highlights.

By all accounts there was a major TV *up at the end of the stage.
Nah it was just so foggy that you couldn't see s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm restricted to watching the following days highlights.

By all accounts there was a major TV *up at the end of the stage.
Not so much a * up, a the weather prevented them from getting the usual images. There was a thick fog, which made it very difficult to see anything at the top. Compounding matters, the fixed camera they have at the finish line had water condense on the lens, making it impossible to see anything.

... of course, the motor bikes all turned off just before the finish (as they do for every stage), so they didn't have that option either.

Really impressive ride by Remco, but Mas going with him and putting a good chunk of time into the rest is interesting. I probably could’ve made more sense of the stage if Remco just rode off by himself.

Mads Pederson being back in form is one of my favourite things.

Who do we have from here? Breakaway or favourites? I'm going to go with favourites, can see guys like O'Connor and Haig going on the attack.

Next week is crucial for the GC. Roglic will put serious time into Mas and Yates in the ITT but Remco will be looking to hold time with him. A couple of flat stages in there but the end of next week has some serious mountains.

Haig and O'Connor need to do some damage tomorrow

Will be interesting to see Evenepoel, Rodriguez and Ayuso go in week 3. The top 3 is locked if Remco continues this way. Yates realistically the only one who can break the top 3 and that's really only if one of them cracks.

Mas is making the Remco performance so far hard to gauge. Either Mas is in absolute top form or the rest are a bit off. A few have excuses, Roglic not 100% from TDF, and many have not targeted this race like Remco has but he is the absolute stand out climber in the field so far.

Mas is making the Remco performance so far hard to gauge. Either Mas is in absolute top form or the rest are a bit off. A few have excuses, Roglic not 100% from TDF, and many have not targeted this race like Remco has but he is the absolute stand out climber in the field so far.
I think a bit of both.

OK... so last night I opted to watch the F1 GP, then went to bed. I recorded the live broadcast, and the recorder is also set to record the highlights package this afternoon. I have two options - the highlights package, or just the final climb (i.e. last 20km of the stage). Which should I watch?

The highlights package includes action from the whole stage. It includes things like KoM & Sprints, plus any major crashes. The downside is that it misses large parts of the final climb.

On the other hand, if I watch the final climb recording from the live broadcast, then I get the climb in full - but I miss everything which preceded it.

Was there anything interesting earlier on the stage, which I won't want to miss seeing? Or was it just a long ride through beautiful countryside, putting miles and climbs into the riders' legs to wear them out for the final assault?

OK... so last night I opted to watch the F1 GP, then went to bed. I recorded the live broadcast, and the recorder is also set to record the highlights package this afternoon. I have two options - the highlights package, or just the final climb (i.e. last 20km of the stage). Which should I watch?

The highlights package includes action from the whole stage. It includes things like KoM & Sprints, plus any major crashes. The downside is that it misses large parts of the final climb.

On the other hand, if I watch the final climb recording from the live broadcast, then I get the climb in full - but I miss everything which preceded it.

Was there anything interesting earlier on the stage, which I won't want to miss seeing? Or was it just a long ride through beautiful countryside, putting miles and climbs into the riders' legs to wear them out for the final assault?
Option C: Highlights for the first part and then watch the entire final climb

Back