Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Way to go JSOS 😂😂😂

FRz1t4CaAAA048-

Way to go JSOS 😂😂😂

FRz1t4CaAAA048-
That's why he won the RS nom, by the way. Not because he played well or better, but because the rest of the AFL community - at least, those judging the RS - wanted Nth to feel a little better about Jack being correct.

Also, what happened to the days of what was said on the field stayed on it?

That's why he won the RS nom, by the way. Not because he played well or better, but because the rest of the AFL community - at least, those judging the RS - wanted Nth to feel a little better about Jack being correct.

Also, what happened to the days of what was said on the field stayed on it?
hows that first chance he could he told the public what was said, * i hope our players get into him again next time we play.

Unpopular opinion: That 'what's said on the field stays on the field' attitude is kind of nonsense.

It's nonsense in the most recent case of JSOS because about 2.5 seconds after it happened there were people right here gleefully posting what they'd just lip-read on TV.

It's nonsense every time anyone engages in racial abuse, for obvious reasons.

It's nonsense because what exactly is being protected by this? Is the idea that in the heat of the moment, someone might say something they don't want to cop to publicly and so we're trying to spare their blushes? I call BS. The new rule about umpire abuse has made it quite clear that players are entirely capable of controlling what they do or don't say.

How about: if a player in AFL or any other sport doesn't want their on-field abuse / sledging / whatever made public, then just don't say it? And if they do say something, be prepared to own it.

Unpopular opinion: That 'what's said on the field stays on the field' attitude is kind of nonsense.

It's nonsense in the most recent case of JSOS because about 2.5 seconds after it happened there were people right here gleefully posting what they'd just lip-read on TV.

It's nonsense because what exactly is being protected by this? Is the idea that in the heat of the moment, someone might say something they don't want to cop to publicly and so we're trying to spare their blushes? I call BS. The new rule about umpire abuse has made it quite clear that players are entirely capable of controlling what they do or don't say.

How about: if a player in AFL or any other sport doesn't want their on-field abuse / sledging / whatever made public, then just don't say it? And if they do say something, be prepared to own it.

Love it. And I'm not sure what Horne-Francis is supposed to do, when he's directly asked about it afterwards, him being all of 18 years old, and everybody already knowing exactly what was said anyway. He paraphrased, in time-honoured fashion. Play on. Ducking the question or lying about the exchange would have been worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it. And I'm not sure what Horne-Francis is supposed to do, when he's directly asked about it afterwards, him being all of 18 years old, and everybody already knowing exactly what was said anyway. He paraphrased, in time-honoured fashion. Play on. Ducking the question or lying about the exchange would have been worse.
I thought JHF's answer was fantastic. He answered what was said, but censored it enough to take the sting out of it.

What I don't get is why JHF is being lauded for sticking up for his teammate and being tough... By launching a late, cheap shot on Silvagni...

Hmm...

Kind of obvious that there are exceptions to most rules, and racial abuse is an exception to that. And while I'm sure there are a cavalcade of budding lip readers out there in the world, there's also a similarly large group of people who have a misapprehension as far as their kissing skills go too.

The issue I take with Horne-Francis' reporting what was said is that he's in essence won a RS nomination because he fought a lone hand against our midfield. He won because of manner, not input. They've championed his performance not for its own sake but because of a supposed intangible; bravery, back to the wall, fight etc.

How back to the wall is it to have blabbed about getting sledged the first opportunity you got?

Instead of Horne-Francis getting cited by the AFL for his late hit on Silvagni he gets rewarded with a Rising Star nomination in a game where he barely played better than Jack Carroll.

:rolleyes:
he was cited (softly):

Jason Horne-Francis, North Melbourne, has been charged with Striking Jack Silvagni, Carlton, during the third quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

he was cited (softly):

Jason Horne-Francis, North Melbourne, has been charged with Striking Jack Silvagni, Carlton, during the third quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Then should have ruled him out of a Rising Star Nomination

I was trying to be broad minded
Don't be broadminded. Horne-Francis had 20 disposals, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 4 inside 50's, 3 clearances and 6 clangers for 11 effective disposals and 305.4 metres gained. In the same game, Jack Carrol had 19 disposals, 8 marks, 1 goal, 3 goal assists, 1 tackle, 4 clearances, 5 inside 50's, 1 clanger for 12 effective disposals and 411 metres gained.

He had a single possession more, yet had less effective disposals. He played inside mid all game and had less clearances than Carroll who played on the wing.

AFL makey-uppey at its finest.

Don't be broadminded. Horne-Francis had 20 disposals, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 4 inside 50's, 3 clearances and 6 clangers for 11 effective disposals and 305.4 metres gained. In the same game, Jack Carrol had 19 disposals, 8 marks, 1 goal, 3 goal assists, 1 tackle, 4 clearances, 5 inside 50's, 1 clanger for 12 effective disposals and 411 metres gained.

He had a single possession more, yet had less effective disposals. He played inside mid all game and had less clearances than Carroll who played on the wing.

Also 3 score involvements versus Carroll's 8, equal 2nd behind only Cripps

Instead of Horne-Francis getting cited by the AFL for his late hit on Silvagni he gets rewarded with a Rising Star nomination in a game where he barely played better than Jack Carroll.

HF will be a very good player and will deserve a RS nomination, but awarding the nomination on the same week as being charged for striking behind the play is a decidedly poor choice by the AFL and in contradiction to all their other messaging. Pathetic really. Particularly given their stance on the Young bump.

And I’m not bothered whether Carroll should have been nominated; he had a more influential game but his time will come.

AFL “makey-uppey and overlooky” of thug act by Horne-Francis as well.

Back