Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall he said he modelled his game on Dangerfield. That caught my attention. I thought it showed enormous confidence and even if remotely true he might be a real find.
You mean he dives, whingers, fakes injuries, exaggerates pain & looks for frees? That's really disappointing!!!!

Training report - Tuesday September 13th. Prelim week.

Pretty solid session this morning. Some media around, interviewing fans about the upcoming game. I told Mitch Clearly "mate you know I prefer to be betweem the scenes." Haha Luckily he found some other fans to be on camera.

A few players absent.

Tyler B
McMahon (but I did spot him at the end of the session in a training t-shirt, but he didn't train)
Mihocek

Maynard left the session half way through. Unsure why. Concern over his groin? Hopefully he is okay.
A few players swapping numbers. Jordy and Ash
Nick and Jamie
Will wearing #11
Carmy and WHE both wearing 32

The long termers in Dean and Grundy absent also.

Teams:

Black

• Lippa
  • JDG (who did some drills then some running)
  • IQ
  • Elliott
  • JDaicos
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • Cameron
  • Kreuger (Because to fill in for Mihocek, but then wore white later)
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • McCreery
  • WHE
  • Ginni
  • Nicky D
  • Maynard
  • Howe
  • Johnson
  • Cox

White

• Bianco
  • Wilson
  • Henry
  • Cal B
  • Macrae
  • Draper
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe
  • Poulter
  • Reef
  • Murley
  • Murphy (changed in black later)
  • Chugg
  • Harrison
  • Beggy
  • Carmy
  • Madgen

Today was more about honing in on their skills, the fundementals that has made us the team we have been this year. Little bit of match play, but not really from centre bounce today -- that will come on Thursday. More about stoppages and grid work.

A few players working on ruck craft. Cox. Cameron. Beggy and even Johnson -- who has been known to help out in the ruck during some VFL games. So not totally unusual, I believe he did some of this last week at training as well.

Harrison was the only one in the rehab group, did a running session for the entire time. Jordy was just more or less managing the loads in his shoulder, as we were told would happen.
Moore completed the whole session. Didn't seem to be affected by the illness he had last week.

They did some drills involving ground balls, and F50 entries from a stoppage.

Then later on, did some goal kicking, as they started trickling inside.

Hi Jen2310 how's Murley looking at training?

He's no chance of playing obviously, but I've kept an eye on him all season as I think players with genuinely elite pace who can kick a footy will always have potential in a Fly-coached side.

Hi Jen2310 how's Murley looking at training?

He's no chance of playing obviously, but I've kept an eye on him all season as I think players with genuinely elite pace who can kick a footy will always have potential in a Fly-coached side.
I think he'll be good. Needs to put some strength on him, another pre-season will help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible athleticism from Ollie!
Was running so fast he didn't have time to stop himself before the rope. That's where his athletic background comes handy. I'd prob break my back lol
Was laughing the whole time too.

He finished the game without looking in any discomfort. if he's breathing, he'll play.
He grabbed his groin in that incident earlier in the game but then ran normally. He might have copped a hit on the tallywacker

There was a report on the radio this morning that said Mihochek was in doubt (knee). Did I dream this or is it true?
Well known he’s sore.
Missed training yesterday which I reckon is all about loading.
Media needing clicks etc, they’re all clutching at their straws at the moment.

View attachment 1507603

Got to find every conceivable edge this week, because you just know playing Sydney in Sydney, the AFL and the umpiring fraternity are going to give us absolutely nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back