Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 3rd?
That's just totally wrong.

Patience Grasshopper.

They got as high as 5th in Round 17 last year before the wheels fell off.

Jeremy Cameron now has "delayed concussion". My arse, he got concussed twice last night and the Cats just kept him on. Much like Libba. Independent doctors need to be implemented.
Did the whinging campaigner Scott also bring ‘that’ up in his post game whiney rant about umpires & rules?

Did the whinging campaigner Scott also bring ‘that’ up in his post game whiney rant about umpires & rules?
And now they're saying they tested him last night after the game, and he passed the HIA.

Well they would say that wouldn't they? I guess that means they won't get fined like Port did?

Doesn't change the fact that he should have been taken off the ground last night & tested.

And now they're saying they tested him last night after the game, and he passed the HIA.

Well they would say that wouldn't they? I guess that means they won't get fined like Port did?

Doesn't change the fact that he should have been taken off the ground last night & tested.
I dunno but it feels like they know he should have come off and have set about covering their proverbials with the other tests. You’d hope not but I think they knew questions would be asked. Simple fix would be that HIA tests should not be done on field. You’d think the medical staff would agree with this. However if players are so familiar with the tests, as our own Nathan Murphy revealed, then it’s hard for doctors if the player honestly advises them or chooses to deceive them. But they need to come off if a medico decides after reviewing video that a test is to be carried out. Imagine trying to conduct a Q&A with 90,000 people shouting and play going on around you. It just seems pretty ludicrous really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if you have a doctor, or someone in contact with the umpires, who can stop the game and have a player removed for a concussion test that takes, 10, 15 minutes.
Now imagine a grand final with Naicos running riot in the first qtr and a half.
No send off rule.
So… do you deliberately slam his head into the ground to implement the HIA?
Does anyone think this is not a possible scenario?

I want the head protected but the rules as they stand right now encourage an opponent to inflict a concussion, or the player to inflict a concussion on himself in an effort to get a free.
NRL seem to have it right. A doctor can ask the ref to stop the game while a player is removed and a replacement installed. An opponent who is deemed to have inflicted the damage can be removed for a period, or the game, without replacement leaving the team short.
A simple knee jerk reaction is not enough from the rule makers. This requires a raft of rule implementations.

Geez, when Richmond go bad, they go very bad. Their bad is just about as bad as it gets. They might even be ‘badder’ than Carlton at its worst, and that’s saying something.

Good news for the Tiggeys is they have a really proud history of coming together in a crisis to focus on solutions rather than blaming then sacking each other.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine if you have a doctor, or someone in contact with the umpires, who can stop the game and have a player removed for a concussion test that takes, 10, 15 minutes.
Now imagine a grand final with Naicos running riot in the first qtr and a half.
No send off rule.
So… do you deliberately slam his head into the ground to implement the HIA?
Does anyone think this is not a possible scenario?

I want the head protected but the rules as they stand right now encourage an opponent to inflict a concussion, or the player to inflict a concussion on himself in an effort to get a free.
NRL seem to have it right. A doctor can ask the ref to stop the game while a player is removed and a replacement installed. An opponent who is deemed to have inflicted the damage can be removed for a period, or the game, without replacement leaving the team short.
A simple knee jerk reaction is not enough from the rule makers. This requires a raft of rule implementations.
Given this hasn't happened, no, I do not think this scenario very plausible

The media really loves to get carried away with declaring sides contenders/finished don't they?

Now it seems to be all about Essendon.

For reference, this was the ladder at Round SEVENTEEN last year:

1715566228087.png

Reckon they need to just cool their jets a little. Particularly given that this season appears like it's going to be even more even.

The media really loves to get carried away with declaring sides contenders/finished don't they?

Now it seems to be all about Essendon.

For reference, this was the ladder at Round SEVENTEEN last year:

View attachment 1987884

Reckon they need to just cool their jets a little. Particularly given that this season appears like it's going to be even more even.
Let them pump up Bombers. They won't know how to handle the pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back