Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2024 is now upon us and welcome to the all things Other Games thread 2024 edition.

Your one stop shop to comment, dissect, laugh, ridicule and be outraged at when it comes to games that don’t involve the reigning premiers, our glorious Magpies.

Go The Amazing Race GIF by CBS

Just saw footage of Webster's bump on Simpkin, almost instinctively turned away it was that bad.

Early start is awesome. Looking forward to Friday nights game, always hoping for a Blosers loss but it’s one of those games where either side loses is a great result.
Every shot in golf makes somebody happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair bump,play on maybe 30 yrs ago but certainly no longer the case these days,Maynards spoil on Brayshaw stopped that and the Sisters comment"Goodnight"not allowable in this day and age.

Fair bump,play on maybe 30 yrs ago but certainly no longer the case these days,Maynards spoil on Brayshaw stopped that and the Sisters comment"Goodnight"not allowable in this day and age.

It's all being read with malicious intent.

Their brother was copping an absolute smashing on social media. Was "goodnight" a callous remark about Simpkin or did it simply mean: I'm out of here.

It's just ridiculous that they're now being attacked in the media.

It's all being read with malicious intent.

Their brother was copping an absolute smashing on social media. Was "goodnight" a callous remark about Simpkin or did it simply mean: I'm out of here.

It's just ridiculous that they're now being attacked in the media.
Was the brother the person who said " fair bump play on" because if he was then it is not surprising he was copping it but like I said I do not know who said but it was in bad taste and not acceptable after what had just transpired.

Ps there was certainly quite a bit of malicious intent from some of Websters family posting on it, if you are going to dish it out you must expect some back in return.

Just been to both Saints and NM boards and it,s the fan, but by common consent even from Saints Webster is in serious trouble 6 wks by most but no surprises if he gets more.

Last edited:
Was the brother the person who said " fair bump play on" because if he was then it is not surprising he was copping it but like I said I do not know who said but it was in bad taste and not acceptable after what had just transpired.

Ps there was certainly quite a bit of malicious intent from some of Websters family posting on it, if you are going to dish it out you must expect some back in return.

Just been to both Saints and NM boards and it,s the fan, but by common consent even from Saints Webster is in serious trouble 6 wks by most but no surprises if he gets more.
Webster will cop a big whack from the tribunal and a bigger one from social media.

But if your brother was having his character assassinated by randoms on social media for what was probably an error of judgement on a footy field - how would you respond?

In the press conference after the Qualifying final, even our wonderfully empathetic coach had to stop himself when he started going straight into defence of Bruzzy and hadn't acknowledged Brayshaw's plight and Bruzzy isn't his brother.

I wouldn't assume any of the comments were malicious regarding Simpkin they way they are being portrayed. There are much less callous readings of all of the Hun published sibling comments than is being portrayed. I think they were most likely totally concerned about their brother - which is pretty standard in that situation - I would have thought. I just can't believe that a newspaper ran with this s**t.

Last edited:
...But if your brother was having his character assassinated by randoms on social media for what was probably an error of judgement on a footy field - how would you respond?
I probably wouldn't for the simple fact of "journalism", but if I did then I wouldn't be saying anything other than "It was a bad mistake, he's feeling awful about it" and that would be that. There is no world post 2020 where that bump is defensible.

I was leaning slightly towards Melbourne in this game with Mills, Adams and Parker all out of the Sydney midfield rotation but then I remembered the Dees are light on for forward depth without Pickett, Petty and Smith. Brayshaw gone for good now also.

I guess I'll fall back to my default position of generally not really giving a sh*t about the fortunes of our opposition but given we play Sydney next week a bruising encounter would be welcomed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back