Prestia 20+
Taranto 25+
Pickett 2+
Gawn 2+
Cumberland AGS
Bolton AGS

@15

flame thrower fire GIF

Just Taranto for me for a train. Actually I've got Cumberland too I think.

Do any other traders offer first disposal or just SB? Their market is dumb

Now I know everyone here is only interested in the longshots, but Richmond +50 at the line at $1.22 has got to be the biggest lock of the year.

Forget the longshots that might or might not cash.

Bet Richmond +50 with confidence and enjoy a 22% return on investment.

I think it's even a bet Long Shot Louie would co-sign.

I have pounded it harder than some of the stuff Oraz did when he was doing his best work.

Now I know everyone here is only interested in the longshots, but Richmond +50 at the line at $1.22 has got to be the biggest lock of the year.

I have pounded it harder than some of the stuff Oraz did when he was doing his best work.

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

You confident this Richmond side keeps it that close even we flogged them last week and we suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jokes aside, how many of my fellow degens here really believe sportsbet / tab / etc pay players to underperform?

I'm guessing Petty is on a contract of around $300k (give or take) so $6k per week before tax.

I wouldn't blame him for taking a cheeky $20k from an 'old friend' to 'focus more on goal assists than goals' or 'focus more on passes to better shots for goal than take shots himself' or whatever.

We know this kind of thing happens in cricket, a lot.

Does it really happen in the AFL? I don't know.

There is way more money in cricket. It is an international game.

AFL / Aussie rules is played and cared about by around half of Australia and that's it.

There was a match last year where everything aligned for Danger to kick a few goals vs West Coast at home vs an atrocious West Coast team, in his 300th, a few of us on this board got on him, and then he conspicuously didn't even kick one goal.

It isn't proof of anything but my spidey senses were tingling while watching that match. Something seemed not right.

So back to the question, is it possible Petty has been paid to not kick goals tonight?

I think anything is possible, but I want to believe that if Petty doesn't kick goals tonight it will just be because he is no good, and not because the game has been manipulated.

But I get the sense a few regulars on this board truly do believe there is some chicanery afoot and tbh I don't blame you.

No honor among thieves and let's be honest, we are trying to take from the bookies, and they are trying to take from us.

And their pockets are way deeper than ours.

4a06fe4f-7d9a-4809-a330-8b31a3ef1e7e_text.gif

Oliver 30+ Petracca 25+
Riewoldt 2 Gawn 2 Fritsch 2
Chandler, Neal-Bullen, Cumberland, Martin ags
$100 pointsbet

Same multi paying $33 at Sportsbet.

Jokes aside, how many of my fellow degens here really believe sportsbet / tab / etc pay players to underperform?

I'm guessing Petty is on a contract of around $300k (give or take) so $6k per week before tax.

I wouldn't blame him for taking a cheeky $20k from an 'old friend' to 'focus more on goal assists than goals' or 'focus more on passes to better shots for goal than take shots himself' or whatever.

AFL / Aussie rules is played and cared about by around half of Australia and that's it.

There was a match last year where everything aligned for Danger to kick a few goals vs West Coast at home vs an atrocious West Coast team, in his 300th, a few of us on this board got on him, and then he conspicuously didn't even kick one goal.

It isn't proof of anything but my spidey senses were tingling while watching that match. Something seemed not right.

So back to the question, is it possible Petty has been paid to not kick goals tonight?

I think anything is possible, but I want to believe that if Petty doesn't kick goals tonight it will just be because he is no good, and not because the game has been manipulated.

But I get the sense a few regulars on this board truly do believe there is some chicanery afoot and tbh I don't blame you.

No honor among thieves and let's be honest, we are trying to take from the bookies, and they are trying to take from us.

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I reckon it has happened before more than once, 100%, probably more than once a season TBH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back