News 2023 All Australian Team Named - Congrats Charlie

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Cripps
2018, 2019 and 2022 All-Australian

Charlie Curnow
2022 All-Australian

Jacob Weitering
Never previously All-Australian

He won't make the final team, but I can't tell you all how incredibly satisfying it is to see Crippa make the squad of 40 over Tim Taranto.

Tigers fans absolutely going troppo over it :)

F4mhymVbIAAWu2Y

Think Weitering is a good chance here to make the team. Not many genuine full backs listed and we had the 4th best defense in the league. Think Weiters is competing with Wilkie (saints had the best defense) rather than Andrews. Moore and Siciliy can fight for the CHB spot.

Newman and Cerra both incredibly stiff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be really interesting to see the side picked by the 18 opposition analysts.
People who are at the top of their game & actually paid to analyze the strengths & weakness of the players.
Way too many half assed “names” pick the AA.
I know we have the coaches awards, but u get the 18 in a room to pick a side would be bloody interesting to see they would pick.

Luke Jackson?

And Dusty?

Laughable.

Not a heap of nominees for a team that was absolutely red hot during the nine game winning streak. I think this is a great thing, shows we’ve been functioning so well as a team after years of having outstanding individual performances.

Hawthorn also had 3 nominess from their club, which I found a tad odd tbh

I’m sure if Luke Darcy and Kevin Bartlett we’re on the selection committee they’d try and make a case for Nick Larkey deserving the Full Forward spot ahead of Charlie Curnow.

:rolleyes:

The 2023 All-Australian Selection Panel:-

Gillon McLachlan (chairperson), Kevin Bartlett, Jude Bolton, Nathan Buckley, Kane Cornes, Andrew Dillon, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Laura Kane, Cameron Ling, Matthew Pavlich

He won't make the final team, but I can't tell you all how incredibly satisfying it is to see Crippa make the squad of 40 over Tim Taranto.

Tigers fans absolutely going troppo over it :)
This makes my night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back