Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

• Will Day > Jones
  • Mclean > JHF
?
Did think of that. Not a huge fan of the weak backline that everyone seems to be running with right now.

If I were to go down from Day, I am more inclined to go for Braeden Campbell before Jones.

Right now I am thinking the simpler option might just be McLean down to Henry/Phillippou and either bank the cash or upgrade Worpel.

Did think of that. Not a huge fan of the weak backline that everyone seems to be running with right now.

If I were to go down from Day, I am more inclined to go for Braeden Campbell before Jones.

Right now I am thinking the simpler option might just be McLean down to Henry/Phillippou and either bank the cash or upgrade Worpel.
Henry didn't get a gig did he?

Surely they wont make him the sub.
He is in the 22 just not on ground

B: E.Hughes 15 A.Pearce - C 25 L.Ryan 13
HB: B.Cox 36 H.Young 26 H.Chapman 27
C: J.Clark 6 W.Brodie 17 J.Aish 11
HF: S.Switkowski 39 L.Jackson 9 J.O'Meara 2
F: L.Schultz 5 N.Fyfe 7 M.Taberner 20
Foll: S.Darcy 4 A.Brayshaw 8 C.Serong 3
I/C: J.Treacy 35 L.Henry 23 M.Frederick 32 N.Wilson 14

Emerg: B.Banfield 41 B.Walker 31 M.Johnson 44 S.Sturt 1

1679034903091.png

136k in the bank.

Contemplating Green up to Cogs.

I could also drop Phillipou down to a basemen priced rookie (Mcvee, Laurie, Uwland, Bergman) and that gets Green to Jelly (70k in bank)

I am worried about possibly fielding Cowan/Chesser/Wilmot at D6 each week. I could upgrade Pou to Mckenna or Campbell. Would mean missing Ginbey/Constable score this week though with Cowan already locked in.

Thoughts?

1679035270835.png

Any suggestions on how I can fix up Toby McLean without ruining my already ruined side.
Only 7k in the bank

So its either McLean down to Henry/Phillippou and then use the cash on top of either Ridley or Worpel.
Or find a way to downgrade someone and get McLean to Milera (33k), Bruhn (63k) or Flanders (100k). Josh Kelly is a potential downgrade, but I don't want to be too weak in the middle (Worpel at M4 is already weaker than I would have liked). Will Day down to Braeden Campbell is a move I am seriously considering.

Not keen on the ruck roulette of Xerri.
Both injury prone and not exactly high scorers for a mid-pricer.

final team.jpg

This is pretty close to my final team I think. Bit worried about my bench and lots of mid price risk. But all calculated mid price risk. The one spot up in air is Ziebell. He is the biggest risk. I could see him avging 90-100 or something like 65 lol. No in between

If he goes it's for Phillipou and I get Sheed up to LDU

View attachment 1631841

This is pretty close to my final team I think. Bit worried about my bench and lots of mid price risk. But all calculated mid price risk. The one spot up in air is Ziebell. He is the biggest risk. I could see him avging 90-100 or something like 65 lol. No in between

If he goes it's for Phillipou and I get Sheed up to LDU
Looks good, just needs to be in price order cheers

Loving that JZ pick, huge boom potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mordecai I have deviated from the path my comrade. Down to 21/30

Mitchell in for tonight's dumpster cookup.

As a result of the spare cash, I've just looked at Jack Bytel for the first time. His most recent numbers don't look like much, but it involves 5 subs. His 2022 VFL stats look juicy. Could be a bit of cream there for a rookie pick if you can afford it. Named in the 4kin CENTRE!

Or...it's been signalled that Laird might cop some attention, and when he was tagged last year he was kept to 116. Still respectable, but not a mammoth score - and only 6 at more than Doch got last night.

Even if he goes 130, I'm still only making 20 points. You get a 110, you take it - regardless of the situation. Any captain choice could fall over, break their leg, be tagged to a 50...it happens all the time. I'm picking him for the season, not just for this game - and reached that conclusion prior to the practice match.

Re: your other post to JADED that follows on with the discussion, I've taken this game really seriously in the past, and as a result, have not enjoyed it at all. Not all of us are here to win the car, and some are here to just enjoy the ride and have fun - which I've vowed to do this year after a really shitty couple of years in life in general. If that means just 'having a respectable finish', then I'm fine with that, as long as I enjoy the ride and have fun with our community here throughout the year :)

Btw, might want to re-read both of those posts back, as it comes across a bit combative. Not sure if that was your intention, but that's how it looked.
Definitely wasn't my intention to be combative - was genuinely trying to help you out because you offer a lot of great advice to others on here. I was at work when I posted so probably being brief to keep the boss off my back. Rereading it again this morning the second one was pretty blunt so fair call.

I agree the Doc 110 is totally legit to keep as a VC score, I was more alluding to paying up for Laird then not making him as captain. He avgs 120, but if you are going to take a 110 as a VC score most weeks then you're not maximising his value. You'd be better off grabbing a Bont type then deploying the $150k elsewhere given Doc is going to pump out 110s almost every week.

Somebody stop me doing this...

View attachment 1631897

I Believe You Can Do It GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

Fair call but you're picking Laird for a full season whilst there's unlimited selections/trades prior to Rd 1.
Trying to get Laird after that is super hard even at 109.9 AVG
Just like Doch last night, Laird will still do Laird things I feel.
Takes just one decent-goodish game from Laird at that price, and he's down 100k. A cork one match, and a quiet game while running around sore, and he's down 200k.

Not much room when you're flying that close to the sun.

Do you think North are managing Goldy due to West Coasts lack of rucks (Callum JamieSeven)
So would there be a swap next week?
If North are managing Goldy in round 1, then it's much of a muchness for Xerri. If there's a time to be playing 2 rucks, it's against Darcy and Jackson in round 1.

Surely Constable on field over Jones or Sheezel?

It's just leftover money I have from downgrading Cogs to Powell then upping Callaghan to JHF and a rook to Stocker. Figured bench has no mid cover, and it gives me a ton of flexibility, should give it a go and see if I like it come tomorrow. If Bruhn goes well tonight, will make me feel more comfortable about moves like this

Definitely wasn't my intention to be combative - was genuinely trying to help you out because you offer a lot of great advice to others on here. I was at work when I posted so probably being brief to keep the boss off my back. Rereading it again this morning the second one was pretty blunt so fair call.

I agree the Doc 110 is totally legit to keep as a VC score, I was more alluding to paying up for Laird then not making him as captain. He avgs 120, but if you are going to take a 110 as a VC score most weeks then you're not maximising his value. You'd be better off grabbing a Bont type then deploying the $150k elsewhere given Doc is going to pump out 110s almost every week.

All good, and thanks for clarifying :)

Yeah fair points all 'round. Laird is more of what you would call 'insurance', given I'm going to be out of the country and timezones are gonna be effed, so I can just plonk the C on him and it doesn't really matter if I forget to loophole anyone. Not something that applies for everyone, but for me personally, that stability, is worth the extra 180K on Bont, who I would loop Dunks and Doch most weeks, if I went with him.

VC loops can get tricky when you're busy (especially on the app while travelling), but perma C when you're sure they'll nail it most weeks - that's somehing you don't even have to think about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back