Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing in Brayshaw as I've got the numbers to satisfy me this week. 20 playing (might be 21 if Davey plays but his score probably won't count so don't care)

Darcy to Briggs
Fiorini to Dawson
Pedlar to Brayshaw.

2 of JVR, Humphrey, Cincotta or Wardlaw will count in my best 18 scorers this week.

Before trades
26 playing next week,
18 playing in Rd 14
19 playing in Rd 15.

Seems safe enough with trades to come to improve that (or royally screw it up)

Nice! Yeah Greenwood cheaper. Atm Im doing Cowan to Mullin
Fiorini to Laird
Worpel to DeGoey, Hobbs or Greenwood
JDG or Hobbs better for my bye structures but could trade Greenwood after rd 14 to make some cash
DC786C44-4923-49DA-B135-00258D4CD29D.jpeg
Looking similar. I have no R2 cover so gone DC
Have 23 (inc Davey) post trades.
Could substitute Greenwood with DC but not flexible.
Thinking about holding Cowan to punt Atkins to Humphrey.
Good to have options with no outs this week. 😀👍

Bringing in Brayshaw as I've got the numbers to satisfy me this week. 20 playing (might be 21 if Davey plays but his score probably won't count so don't care)

Darcy to Briggs
Fiorini to Dawson
Pedlar to Brayshaw.

2 of JVR, Humphrey, Cincotta or Wardlaw will count in my best 18 scorers this week.

Before trades
26 playing next week,
18 playing in Rd 14
19 playing in Rd 15.

Seems safe enough with trades to come to improve that (or royally screw it up)

Good way of looking at it. 3 of Fio, Wardlaw, Cinc, Humphrey, Atkins, Mullin and Fahey will count for me. Would hope amongst those that Fio, Atkins and Humphrey could hit 70-80 if they're on their best behaviour, and even Cinc and Wardlaw could pull reasonable scores.

your in a much better spot than me.
My team Before trades...

any ideas ?

View attachment 1702403
First things first. You need 18 players for the round. Trade out Hollands, Mackenzie and possibly a red dot player. Depending on how much cash you have, should be able to at least make 1 upgrade to a premium.

Darcy>Briggs
Newman>Red Dog
Roberts>Mullin (or Fahey)

280k going forward

19 for the week.. holding the gc disgrace's against my better judgement

What do you think contributes to neales random floor? Is Warner maybe a better pick as he seems more consistent? Went bang post bye last year, but Neale should find form more consistently

Not sure who to get.

Selection gone real well.

Pre-trades I have 21 playing, 6 'regulars' on their bye, and then Chesser/Uwland EMGs and Heath as a perma red dot. 5 on next week's bye, 7 on week 3's bye (Mitchell, Pedlar, JVR clear trade out options then, maybe Day), and 9 on the final bye (Cincotta the only clear trade out option, with Wardlaw, Ziebell, Sheezel potentials). Cognisant that my final bye players are heavily fwd/mid-stacked, esp if Cincotta/Ziebell/Sheezel are traded.

Still no idea what I'm going to do, any advice would be great. 159k left over Broad thoughts:

In the gun:
Fiorini - I think with his BE and matchup, he's got to go
Sinclair - He's been annoying me, and while he took over the GWS game, aside from that, he hasn't looked near the fantasy player
Uwland/Chesser - just as red dot cleanups
Ashcroft/Wilmot - as 'rookies' on their bye, but to me offer some value as bye cover throughout given I'm already strong this week.
Atkins - breakeven game no longer in his favour
English - simply because of bye reasons & to play the breakeven game with Briggs - but vs PA & NTH after this week is sexy.

Potential Targets:
I'm very eager to leave the byes stronger than I entered, and figure the best way to do that is either pick up blokes who've bottomed out and might be worth keeping longer than the bye, or blokes that will be a quick cash grab. But probably value the former a touch higher

Yeo - Cheaper than he started, and he was a lock then. And had the CBA role on the weekend.

Greenwood/Hobbs/Bruhn - a cash grab, but not sure how long he'll have the role for

Ridley - Breakeven game/low risk.

Salem - punt on him returning to his best

Angus Brayshaw - looked like he was getting back to his best, and can't see how he doesn't play mids this week with how their team has been selected

Darcy Cameron - purely on 'priced low, and could be a keeper' logic. Can cover Marshall/English's byes while being a forward. And good matchup this week.

Blicavs - ok price, good bye, covers ruck. Concern for me is that he's had the role this year and hasn't got near his previous scoring.

De Goey/Redman - good matchup, handy bye, not too spenny.

Briggs - He looks good, and the cash gen is clearly there. But if I do it I don't want him sitting on my bench, so probably means English down.

Jordan Boyd - I think he's got good traits, and they seem to like him. Given his run/kicking, I can see him distributing a bit more. But it's a punt.

Stengle - good bye, and 186k down on last year. If he makes up 2/3 of that it's probably a good buy.

Eddie Ford - actually looks good. Which is a start. And if he can go at 60-65 on a wing, maybe it's not too bad?

Bazzo - potentially the one I like the most, J/S seems higher, averaged 48 last year in year 1, and priced down because of sub games, but 50 last week, I'd hope he's good for 50 from here.

O'Donnell/Harrison - purely as a cheap green dot

Mullin - I do not want to do this purely as I know I'll be looking for downgrades approaching R14, and if he's there it'll help. And if he's not, I'll have dodged a bullet.

Or, could just trade in a Serong/Andy Brayshaw or even Matt Johnson type in advance to help set up my byes.

----

Gun to my head now, this is probably what I'd be doing

Fiorini to Yeo (+58k)
Chesser/Uwland to Bazzo (-19k)
Pedlar to Darcy Cameron (-175k)

23k left over for next week, where I'll probably look to find the cash to turn Sheezel into Serong or Brayshaw.
Another great post from you mate. Yeo is ballsy due to his injury history

I’m thinking of trading Sheeze next week too to get ahead for R15 too, to one of Luke Ryan/Hayden Young who are both priced around the same. Leaning towards Ryan as I had him last year and he’s due for another of his big spike scores and he’s better at getting the tons

Can DC be a guy we hold until a bit later in the season? Considering him, but all my guys with big $$ on their heads are going over the byes to facilitate upgrades so might be a scenario where I’m left with DC long term. Other option is Hobbs to make some $$

Can DC be a guy we hold until a bit later in the season? Considering him, but all my guys with big $$ on their heads are going over the byes to facilitate upgrades so might be a scenario where I’m left with DC long term. Other option is Hobbs to make some $$
I’ve got Hobbs & DC. Will require a hold well after the byes.
They will be M8 & F6. Their upgrade will depend on rooks acquired over byes.
Not confident but that’s the only way I can fix my mids and navigate the byes.
Also have Ashcroft requiring upgrade at M7 for R18-21

I’ve got Hobbs & DC. Will require a hold well after the byes.
They will be M8 & F6. Their upgrade will depend on rooks acquired over byes.
Not confident but that’s the only way I can fix my mids and navigate the byes.
Also have Ashcroft requiring upgrade at M7 for R18-21
If DC can average 90 he’s only 10 behind the top 6 forwards which isn’t bad considering he’s 200k cheaper

What do you think contributes to neales random floor? Is Warner maybe a better pick as he seems more consistent? Went bang post bye last year, but Neale should find form more consistently

Not sure who to get.
R8 for Neale was an outlier where he might have got a bit of attention, he was effective with his other sub 76 scores in SC. It looks like Warner has the lower floor though with 3 sub 20 disposal games, Neale hasn't had any sub 20 disp games but he's had 2 x 20 disp games.
I got Warner in SC 3 weeks ago and have been pretty happy with his output, their prices and averages are the same as are their ownership %'s (Warner a tad lower)
FWIW Neale is a target for me next week, probably means that Warner is the go.

R8 for Neale was an outlier where he might have got a bit of attention, he was effective with his other sub 76 scores in SC. It looks like Warner has the lower floor though with 3 sub 20 disposal games, Neale hasn't had any sub 20 disp games but he's had 2 x 20 disp games.
I got Warner in SC 3 weeks ago and have been pretty happy with his output, their prices and averages are the same as are their ownership %'s (Warner a tad lower)
FWIW Neale is a target for me next week, probably means that Warner is the go.
Thinking the same thing. Appreciate it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's worth a punt. Role looks good at the moment, maybe not towards the back end of the season. No R2 cover for me so have gone DC over Greenwood with my third trade.

What's the deal with Keays. Has been named follower plenty of times this year when he hasn't had 1 CBA. Do we trust it off the back of 1 game? WaynesWorld19
NO ....it's a trap !

Can't see Keays being anymore than a task driven Mid (tagger) .....how many times have we used Keays as a mid tagger this year ......once, last week

What's the deal with Keays. Has been named follower plenty of times this year when he hasn't had 1 CBA. Do we trust it off the back of 1 game? WaynesWorld19
From memory he was given the cooler role on Neale? Last week, you're a game man to take the risk of him not playing forward, I'd like to see a few games where he's playing midfield to consider him, JMO

1685688132424.png

A little bit stuck this week.

I had 20 green dots but only could get 19 on field due to Cincotta being stuck at D7. Now with Seamus out I have 19 green dots and with a rejig I can get all 19 on field.

Options to trade out:
Fiorini - high BE, role isn't great and not sure Darwin suits him.
Atkins - higher BE, subbed off last week. Cash generation almost cooked.
Worpel - High BE and hard matchup.
Fergus - Dead rookie.
Cowan - Dead rookie.
Ginbey - BE is achievable but his scoring has dried up and plays the pies. Green dot though.
Pou - will hold or ug late in byes. coverage will be useful.
Sharp - likely dead rookie, but will hold just in case.
Ashcroft - either goes this week or hold through the byes and possibly out the other side with his draw. leaning hold as other issues to deal with.

Trade in targets
Wardlaw - best of the rookie bunch. Straight swap with Fergus likely.
Mullin - dg option
Greenwood - quick cash grab?
Hobbs - missed the boat possibly (if shiel is back too) but cash gen is still possible.
Darcy Cameron - F6 and ruck cover, decent matchup this week too?

Prior to Seamus not playing, I was looking at
Fergus ->Wardlaw
Ginbey -> Mullin
Fiorini -> Greenwood

Those trades leave almost 600k in the bank. Is that too much to leave behind?

Bye split pre trades is:
7 - 4 - 10 - 9

Post trades above:
7 - 4 - 8 - 11

Do you guys see any other options? I could trade Cowan instead of Ginbey, or I could upgrade Ginbey instead of dg to Mullin.

1685693667308.png

Haven't changed from my proposed trades earlier in the week which is nice. Decided it's time to move on from chasing mid-pricers so happy to let Greenwood, DC, etc pass me by.

Doch only owned by 4% of the top 1000. Given how Rd 15 bye heavy everyone is, he could be a nice little point of differentiation for the next three weeks. Because of the low ownership, going to VC him tonight. Laird C if that fails.

Cash in the bank next week to get Bray and Neale.

21 playing on field with Ginbey a loop in defence to replace with Mullin if he scores well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back