List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One theory: cap pressure in next 2 years. So signed on for low $ for 2 years and more later. That is, good list management for a position that matters less???

That he had to clarify when 'odd' could be used is where there is redundancy. This should be obvious.

Edit: "I like tomato and Coon (the cheese brand, not the slur) toasties." vs "I like tomato and cheese toasties."

Edit 2: "There was a chink (the definition, not the slur) in the wall." vs "There was a crack in the wall."
Chink & Crack are two different things, crack is more a akin to a break, where a chink is more a buckle/imperfection 😂

Makes sense re Pitto. We have 4 other rucks behind him on the list who are in development mode. Sign up the one we know who can ruck,and expect he keeps the top job if they don't come on, or he becomes the back up, when they do.

Given the ongoing cycling of rucks, if we have him signed up we can get some value in return, if his opportunities dry up and he wants out.

Same goes if we bring in a more experienced ruck.

Weird list management. I don't really see Pitto playing in the 1s by 2025. I'd have hoped his replacement would be playing, so a 4 yr deal is somewhat queer (by definition, not by slur).

I wonder if he's traded in some salary level for length and security. I.e. 300k per year over 4 yrs vs 450k per yr over 2. Maybe there was some give and take there from the club and Pitto.

The definition from the 1800s?

SOS reportably chasing TDK and Dow...

If they went to the Saints and become good players, supporters will implode :laughv1:

The saints run a very different system to ours - arguably they do more with less - so even if Dow does well there doesn’t mean he was going to do well for us (even if we modify our system in the future)

As for TDK he will likely be a better player two years from now regardless of whether he plays for us or another club - the question will be was he worth us paying more for given that potential future output and if he does leave than how did we deploy his salary on other needs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SOS reportably chasing TDK and Dow...

If they went to the Saints and become good players, supporters will implode :laughv1:
Good old SOS, recruiting fringe players from his last club, where have we seen that before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all the Pittonet lovers

Let’s look at his stats this year

Avg 1.8 marks a game
Marks inside 50….Zero
Shot on goal…..Zero
Goals….Zero
Points….Zero
Tackles inside 50…0.2 per game
Contested marks per game 0.7
Loses 75% of contests defensively
Metres gained per game …83
Kicking efficiency ..38%
Goal assists per game 0.2

Avg 1.8 marks a game
Marks inside 50….Zero
Shot on goal…..Zero
Goals….Zero
Points….Zero
Kicking efficiency ..38%
I'm not a Pitto fan, but this is an incredibly dumb way to try and make a point. Why would goal assists or tackles i50 be relevant metrics for a ruck?

He goes at 10 disposals per game which is below average. He is above average for HO and HO to Advantage. He's what we've always known, a very good tap ruckman but doesn't provide much at all around the ground.

Avg 1.8 marks a game
Marks inside 50….Zero
Shot on goal…..Zero
Goals….Zero
Points….Zero
Kicking efficiency ..38%

Tackles inside 50 is hardly a KPI for a ruckman. That’s like sighting a lack of hit outs as a weakness of Cerra and/or Walsh.

I see you’ve also left out “hit outs to advantage”, a pretty important stat for a ruckman for which Pittonet is the best in the league.

I get it he’s not a superstar and people are surprised we resigned him for 4 years but Pittonet is a very handy ruckman.

IMO this season and last season when he has been playing we have looked better than when TDK was leading the ruck.

Last edited:
I'm not a Pitto fan, but this is an incredibly dumb way to try and make a point. Why would goal assists or tackles i50 be relevant metrics for a ruck?

He goes at 10 disposals per game which is below average. He is above average for HO and HO to Advantage. He's what we've always known, a very good tap ruckman but doesn't provide much at all around the ground.
Lol so you like losing games playing blokes like him are the reason we will never go anywhere

Tackles inside 50 is hardly a KPI for a ruckman. That’s like sighting a lack of hit outs as a weakness of Cerra and/or Walsh.

I see you’ve also left out “hit outs to advantage”, a pretty important stat for a ruckman for which Pittonet is the best in the league.

I get it he’s not a superstar and people are surprised we resigned him for 4 years but Pittonet is a very handy ruckman.

IMI this season and last season when he has been playing we have looked better than when TDK was leading the ruck.
My point is that as a club playing blokes like him we will go absolutely no where the fact we traded in a bloke like Acres when we could of got Grundy is just piss poor list management

Lol so you like losing games playing blokes like him are the reason we will never go anywhere
No, we'd just like you to frame your argument against him in a rational manner rather than just dumping a mixed bag of stats..
In any event, anyone can point out where there are weaknesses, it's in addressing them that lies the skill.

No, we'd just like you to frame your argument against him in a rational manner rather than just dumping a mixed bag of stats..
In any event, anyone can point out where there are weaknesses, it's in addressing them that lies the skill.
Ok let me ask you this which ruckman would he get in team over at at every other club

My point is that as a club playing blokes like him we will go absolutely no where the fact we traded in a bloke like Acres when we could of got Grundy is just piss poor list management

We couldn't have got Grundy. He was 29 and would have cost us 700k a year for the next 5 years even with the pies chipping in for his salary.

Acres is on 350k x 3.

Plenty of average ruckman have won flags. Pitto is at least that.

You’re talking about giving up Acres and Cowan for a player we still couldn’t have afforded.
Surely last season we were backing TDK to be our number one ruck.

Pitto might also be a great guy to have around all the other players. There's probably lots of reasons why some get longer contracts than others.

As others have said he will have scarificed money for security. Maybe 1.2 for 4 (300k average) instead of 800k for 2 (400k average).

Providing he stays fit there is no way we don't at least want him on our list 2 years so good list management to sign him for longer now to lower his average salary.

Key ruck stats
1684973313965.png

and for comparison...
1684973493538.png

Bears out what others have said in this thread. Pitto is borderline elite for his ruckwork. Wins 49% (ranks 7th in league, Sean Darcy leads the pack at 57%). When he does win it, it goes to advantage 37.5% (ranks 3rd, Samson Ryan leads at 42%). Overall Hitouts to Advantage is ranked above, Pitto is running 5th in the comp at 10.8 per match. Of note though, all of those ahead of him are contesting a significantly higher number of ruck contests. This is perhaps still a factor from early in the season, when Pitto spent a lot of time on the bench, and was sharing ruck duties with TDK.

It's elsewhere that Pitto has issues. He is running at 1.8 marks per match - compare that to the likes of English, Cox, Soldo & Gawn, and you can see where he is lacking. As for TDK... he does take 2.6 marks per match, but his ruck numbers don't stack up. I've also included Jack's numbers - they are what you'd expect for an undersized ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back