• 475078BC-ABA7-4C0D-8245-38016C720755.jpeg
    475078BC-ABA7-4C0D-8245-38016C720755.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 191
  • 6435AB1D-8D56-4C4E-AFD6-ACC545509328.jpeg
    6435AB1D-8D56-4C4E-AFD6-ACC545509328.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 192
Hopefully get a chance to throw my team together at lunch

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

Fergus was recruited for a reason. Wasn't brought in to continue playing at Box Hill.

He's an endurance beast who can get possessions on the wing (where he played his junior footy) then torch opponents pushing back towards goal.

He can be a low-possession/high-impact player which is understandably a worry if he isn't hitting the scoreboard, but he has the tools to get up the ground and stay involved if it isn't his day up forward.

I'm pretty excited about his potential as a player for us though. Genuinely think he can kick 25+ goals and play every game this year. If that happens he'll average 60+ with his eyes closed.

With yeo out, trying to toss up between the following structures for d3, m6 and f4
  • Jones, Setterfield/worpel and Gulden
  • Dale, Callaghan and flanders

Keen to hear what people think

1678921255791.png
1678921291852.png

Last edited:
Someone convince me on Flanders?
He's likely to score better on field than Sheezel/Phillipou/McLean, that'd be the primary reason for picking him.

I'm not overly inspired by the selection, but at that price it makes sense.

Someone convince me on Flanders?
I'm all in on him.

From the praccy match:
  • Close to 90% TOG (super fit)
  • Only 6 CBAs (won't be affected by Touk, more likely Davies if he even stays in the team)
  • Has the high workrate, high half forward role down pat within the team (role won't be affected by others).
Add in his outstanding preseason, finish to last season (140+ avg over last few games, albeit VFL) and I think he is a staple in the team, role is secure, and is fit enough to be working right up the ground to the contest and find the footy in transition.

Hehe, watching people trying to maintain their strategy knowing full well the s**t show that'll happen in 8 hours time with everyone throwing random s**t together and starting whatever spud rookie is named despite having never heard of them until teams dropped 😍

Fergus was recruited for a reason. Wasn't brought in to continue playing at Box Hill.

He's an endurance beast who can get possessions on the wing (where he played his junior footy) then torch opponents pushing back towards goal.

He can be a low-possession/high-impact player which is understandably a worry if he isn't hitting the scoreboard, but he has the tools to get up the ground and stay involved if it isn't his day up forward.

I'm pretty excited about his potential as a player for us though. Genuinely think he can kick 25+ goals and play every game this year. If that happens he'll average 60+ with his eyes closed.

He is a very smart player who will pop up and kick a couple in a few minutes.

Was disappointed we de-listed him, think he can definitely go 25+ goals this year.

1678931284181.png

Gone back Hayden Young after having him most pre-season but swapping to Yeo later on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn seemed like one of those kids who get a more prominent role in the preseason than in the season proper, but maybe he really will get a decent share of it, value in that case 🤷

Tanner looks sharp af .

Prob puts pressure on parfittt. Imo .
Tanner quicker than him looks hungry as well.

Watched the cats training he's training the house down.

Unsure if all this gets him 90 plus sc points every week.

I'm all in on him.

From the praccy match:
  • Close to 90% TOG (super fit)
  • Only 6 CBAs (won't be affected by Touk, more likely Davies if he even stays in the team)
  • Has the high workrate, high half forward role down pat within the team (role won't be affected by others).
Add in his outstanding preseason, finish to last season (140+ avg over last few games, albeit VFL) and I think he is a staple in the team, role is secure, and is fit enough to be working right up the ground to the contest and find the footy in transition.

ned flanders simpsons GIF

Updated team.

Laird > Brayshaw
Yeo > Day

Thinking about going Sheez > Bruhn. Someone convince me.

1678935812988.png

Someone talk me out Ziebell replacing Yeo.

He's back to playing his 2021 backline role where he averaged 107. Teams don't man him up as it's North and they don't care. Hall will be in and out so plenty of kickouts.

It mainly comes down to I don't trust Fyfe to score playing forward. And I don't trust Flanders as he has proven nothing. I already have Worpel, Hopper etc so I need a forward or backline mid pricer. I think Ziebell averages 100+. Am I crazy? I've seen people spending 360k on Will Day. I'd rather spend the same on Ziebell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back