Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of love for Bruhn. What am I missing?
High draft pick that was never happy at GWS and didn’t get much of a look in with their midfield - only one 127 game but that shows his potential to go big when things are going right…

In a good environment at Geelong now- Selwood gone and Duncan out so lots of midfield minutes on offer.

Looked awesome in both practice games - playing full time midfield and even scored well when Geelong were spanked in the 2nd one against Brisbane. Lots of points on offer with Geelong expected to win lots of games. Few years in the system should be maturing as a player. Could easily avg 90+

If you are going to join me, just say so - drop Oliver

We can work on get Oliver asap project together :D

thelma and louise GIF

Those 90s flicks are the best ..

High draft pick that was never happy at GWS and didn’t get much of a look in with their midfield - only one 127 game but that shows his potential to go big when things are going right…

In a good environment at Geelong now- Selwood gone and Duncan out so lots of midfield minutes on offer.

Looked awesome in both practice games - playing full time midfield and even scored well when Geelong were spanked in the 2nd one against Brisbane. Lots of points on offer with Geelong expected to win lots of games. Few years in the system should be maturing as a player. Could easily avg 90+
Seems everyone has fallen in love with all the ex-GWS boys.

Have regrettably sacrificed Ollipig to see what else I can come up with and I'm not going to lie, I'm quite tempted...

$59k cash

View attachment 1630163
We've got the exact same back 8 lol. 4 players different in total.

I'm liking that Cumming still only has 2% ownership.

Have regrettably sacrificed Ollipig to see what else I can come up with and I'm not going to lie, I'm quite tempted...

$59k cash

View attachment 1630163
Too light on in MIDs IMO. That’s where the points are. Four deep down back seems a lot given rooks everywhere. Taranto will be 500k later in the year. Premo MID will outscore your fourth DEF or FWD.

I think I have to drop a mid premo. I really don't want to, but I don't think I have a choice. There's enough solid mid-pricers and rooks in the middle that make you feel confident to play them on field. I feel a lot less confident about D4, D5, D6, F5 and F6.

I gotta decide who to drop out Laird, Oliver and Bont.
Ouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too light on in MIDs IMO. That’s where the points are. Four deep down back seems a lot given rooks everywhere. Taranto will be 500k later in the year. Premo MID will outscore your fourth DEF or FWD.
Yeah, very fair point. Rationale going light on in the MIDs was that there's some decent midpricers and rooks there, and it felt wrong having 2x 150k rooks on the bench.

Back to the drawing board.

Brought in Jelly for Cumming. Allows me to add Flanders to sure up the forward line. I feel more comfortable having a few midpricers in case one of them is a dud so you can sideways trade for another midpricer that looks the goods rather than try fork up extra $ from somewhere else or upgrade a cow too early and waste that extra trade.

1678884738312.png

latest.png

was really happy with the team until yeo was made unavailable. decided to shift around and swapped yeo / steele for Sicily / setterfield. only $100 left itb

i dont think alwyn davey will be a good rookie but the base price rookie options this year seem rather grim in general

setterfield seems like the safest of the mid priced guys to me - has been able to do 90+ with over 50% cba's in the past and if the role doesnt look like its there you can easily correct down to a worpel / sheed / fyfe if theyre going off

Most perplexing midpricer I've seen this year when you consider how many teams he is in.

Has to average around 90 to be worth it at his price. He's scored 90+ in 1 out of 28 career games (127 vs North).
I don't really get it either, I'm sure he'll improve somewhat from last year but he was getting decent CBAs in half those games too and still scored poorly, with the exception being against the worst team in the league.

Also Blicavs who spent the second half of last season playing as a pure mid didn't play in the pre-season game so that's a ton of cbas to be subtracted from those who did.

My team had been settled until the Yeo news.

Decided to go Yeo to Jones, then change Phillips to Callaghan.

Feels risky having Jones at D4 but wasn't keen on anyone in that 3-400k range. I've got 180k in the cap to change Daicos to a more premium defender but unsure of who to go with.

Otherwise, rucks and forwards are locked. I'm a bit unsure about having two 200k midfielders but not having to feel any of the very cheap ones is also something I'm happy with. Going to stick with Touk but have been considering Neale for him.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 5.08.19 pm.png

Seeing Greene F6 in a lot of sides all of a sudden. What are folks thinking he will average? 60?
On bench with Sturt.
Seem the weakest scorers on paper.
But he is not bad and they have an OK draw, could spike a couple.
If people are looping Greene and x, might work, but guess most won’t have a looper in the line(?)

Bruhn seemed like one of those kids who get a more prominent role in the preseason than in the season proper, but maybe he really will get a decent share of it, value in that case 🤷

People worried about Liam Jones at D3 or D4. I am thinking of having him at D2!

Would give me 4 SP, Hopper and Callaghan M5/6 and Flanders at F6.

So long as my focus is on upgrading defence first and foremost, I SHOULD be fine (I hope).

I see so much more value up forward and in the midfield than what I do down back, and it's firstly hard to look past and secondly hard to justify getting those $600k+ defender premos with so much value around elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back