Autopsy 2023 Round 17 – GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Saturday, July 8, 4:35 PM AEST, @Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Rug-up peoples!!

Sunny. 20 degrees.
Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h in the middle of the day
then turning westerly 35 to 50 km/h in the early afternoon.

Realistically - should be a 6+ goal win, but I think it might be a lot tighter.

This is on paper the “easiest” of the 8 game’s remaining this season. The market also has us as overwhelming favourites at $1.14, the clearest favourites by far for a game this season. We should win and make it four in a row. Hopefully there will be a big crowd and we get over 10k. Go Giants!

Hopefully there will be a big crowd and we get over 10k. Go Giants!

Don't want to read too much into and it's hard to get a read on Ticketmaster seating but the signs are promising, very promising.

Few bays appear to have sold out (General Admission Western End included) and others got progressively put online ( GA Eastern as the week went on with the most interesting one being Bay 220R which is a smaller bay next to GA Western but is appearing with 2 tickets remaining available when it wasn't an option at all the other day) with almost the full suite of bottom level bays being available for sale as others filled. There isn't as many seats remaining in a good portion of bays compared to previous games.

Know it's hard to get a read on Ticketmaster seating sometimes but I can't help feel hopeful and optimistic .. 🤞

Last edited:
Don't want to read too much into and it's hard to get a read on Ticketmaster seating but the signs are promising, very promising.

Few bays appear to have sold out (General Admission Western End included) and others got progressively put online ( GA Eastern as the week went on with the most interesting one being Bay 220R which is a smaller bay next to GA Western but is appearing with 2 tickets remaining available when it wasn't an option at all the other day) with almost the full suite of bottom level bays being available for sale as others filled. There isn't as many seats remaining in a good portion of bays compared to previous games.

Know it's hard to get a read on Ticketmaster seating sometimes but I can't help feel hopeful and optimistic .. 🤞
Yeah sometimes they only open certain bays, first time I remember that was the finals against the dogs in 2019, and so it looks like a crowd may show.

Hope a crowd does show the players deserve it for all the work they have done.

Yeah sometimes they only open certain bays, first time I remember that was the finals against the dogs in 2019, and so it looks like a crowd may show.

Hope a crowd does show the players deserve it for all the work they have done.
yep. Given the weather and the team performing well, should be a decent turn out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back