Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how some Port Power poster used this and said this is only how we can attract players to the club as they grew up as Crows supporters seemingly to forget we attracted a quality player in Thompson who supported Port Power growing up. More like we only go for quality players who want to come back to SA, no doubt we were very interested in Polec and missed out but Motlop.......

its a silly statement. I don't understand the comments of can only attract Crows supporters. How many Crows supporters have they attracted? Theyve drafted a few.

Polec was a Port fan from what I could recall.

I like how some Port Power poster used this and said this is only how we can attract players to the club as they grew up as Crows supporters seemingly to forget we attracted a quality player in Thompson who supported Port Power growing up. More like we only go for quality players who want to come back to SA, no doubt we were very interested in Polec and missed out but Motlop.......
A billion years ago

I don't see a real need for Port to pay overs for Hayward. I am sure they would take him but not on big dollars. I think they will offload Marshall and chase a key forward to go with Lord.

its a silly statement. I don't understand the comments of can only attract Crows supporters. How many Crows supporters have they attracted? Theyve drafted a few.

Polec was a Port fan from what I could recall.
Clearly little brother syndrome and thinks everyone who went to them rejected us. Funnily, I recall an ITK poster linked us to an hyphenated defender (I guess it was BZT) late last year and as expected we cool off after the emergence of Murray.

seems like he is unhappy... cant imagine Ross the Boss would be great to play under. Similar to Corne-Francis at Norf
Can't be too unhappy, re-signed a couple of weeks ago for two more years:

didn't realise that.. Booo

O’Brien has been a solid-good ruck. Wins hit outs, completes really well at ground level and has been a fairly reliable contested mark for most of his career.

This year the marking has abandoned him, not sure if it’s form or he’s lost it. However, we hate on him a lot for a guy who’s been as good as Cameron, Stanley, Nankervis, Lycett etc who are all premiership rucks.

Rob is a hinderance when the ball is in dispute. I don't agree with that he competes well at ground level.

He is the easiest player to strip of the ball because it takes 647 seconds for him to drop the ball onto his boot or complete a dinky handpass with his ridiculous technique.

If he is given a clear run at a mark, he might take it once in a blue moon, but more often than not it will bounce of his concrete hands

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Will Haywards reported free agent contract value a case of Supply/Demand gone into hyperdrive?

I get you pay a premium for Free agents, but $850k /year for a 3rd of 4th medium tall option in a forward line seems like a highly extravagant bit if list management.

TBH I feel like we've seen this movie before when Carlton poached Brackets McGovern from us in trade. Almost to the precise contract dollar amount?

Is Will Haywards reported free agent contract value a case of Supply/Demand gone into hyperdrive?

I get you pay a premium for Free agents, but $850k /year for a 3rd of 4th medium tall option in a forward line seems like a highly extravagant bit if list management.

TBH I feel like we've seen this movie before when Carlton poached Brackets McGovern from us in trade. Almost to the precise contract dollar amount?
$850 is the new 600 if the salary cap has really gone up 30%.

McGovern wasn't a FA so Carlton couldn't offer overs for him to not loss any draft capital and $800-850K was an A grader salary then which would have been band 1 compensation for FA, it would be consider band 2 compensation after the CBA increase next year.

Im in Larry David mode

I can see a lot of benefits - age profile , games played , positional benefit and marking power

Then I look at his raw stats and Murphy is his equal in most except goals - and I dont know how to fully analyse it.

I may have to watch some Sydney games to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, just the cost of bringing in free agents these days. Hayward fills an important role for us and allows Rankine/Rachele to spend more time in the midfield, that's worth the price to me.

Im in Larry David mode

I can see a lot of benefits - age profile , games played , positional benefit and marking power

Then I look at his raw stats and Murphy is his equal in most except goals - and I dont know how to fully analyse it.

Yup, this is my concern as well. Hayward is very overhyped by the looks of it. Hence why Sydney fans aren’t overly enamoured by him.

Im in Larry David mode

Goals is a pretty important stat for a forward.

And then was immediately dropped and his manager had a crack at the coach

Yup, this is my concern as well. Hayward is very overhyped by the looks of it. Hence why Sydney fans aren’t overly enamoured by him.
The Sydney players and coaches absolutely love him though. He's very important to their team.

The Sydney players and coaches absolutely love him though. He's very important to their team.

I'd say we have to be careful of that because Nicks loves Lachie Murphy, but then John Longmire is actually a premiership coach and has made finals (in 11 seasons I might add)

It's the classic whipping boy role. Liked by the club for hard work and non-statistical contributions, disliked by fans. Most clubs have someone like this.

Seems like a significant upgrade over the closest matches in our list. Only question is about price.

Rob is a hinderance when the ball is in dispute. I don't agree with that he competes well at ground level.

He is the easiest player to strip of the ball because it takes 647 seconds for him to drop the ball onto his boot or complete a dinky handpass with his ridiculous technique.

If he is given a clear run at a mark, he might take it once in a blue moon, but more often than not it will bounce of his concrete hands

His clearance and tackle numbers are generally very good for a ruck.

I’m not saying he sets up play or anything like that, but what he does do is compete. It would be far easier for opposition teams to cause damage from clearance if it wasn’t for him.

As others have pointed out, all you need your ruck to do is compete and take some marks. ROB has done that the majority of his career.

It's the classic whipping boy role. Liked by the club for hard work and non-statistical contributions, disliked by fans. Most clubs have someone like this.

Seems like a significant upgrade over the closest matches in our list. Only question is about price.
What a shame we can't piggy back off this and have another club recognise McHenry's non statistical contributions and offer him $800K per year ;) . Best thing is, they get a fisherman too if they do

That is harsh considering the player he is and what he brings to the team. Has a red-hot go every game. As for being easy to strip of the ball, I've yet to see it.
His skills as a ruck are equal to most AFL rucks. It's a pity he's not holding as many marks as hitherto. Maybe he'll regain that.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back