Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, surely someone at the club has to ask the question, Hamish why didn’t we just ******* draft him, would have been a lot easier and cheaper!!

Only ex SA players come here via trade. If we draft them, we cant trade for them.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Yep, surely someone at the club has to ask the question, Hamish why didn’t we just ******* draft him, would have been a lot easier and cheaper!!

Slight trigger warning, but here's the list of players taken after Gallucci. Willem Drew also taken at pick 33. Sean Darcy at pick 38. Tom Stewart at pick 40.

Pretty sure Cedric Cox had a serious leg injury too that stuffed him.

1715946552197.png

Last edited:

Slight trigger warning, but here's the list of players taken after Gallucci. Willem Drew also taken at pick 33.

View attachment 1991785

God I did not need to see that on my Friday night.

Highly touted potential top 10 draftee a year before they are drafted sliding down the draft order is quite common, is this what happened to Philipou so had he played another year then he wouldn't have been a top 10 pick but a pick 20-30?

Possibly. He is mainly playing the challenging half forward role which is easy to get lost in games. Way to early to judge him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s ****ed, we picked the one dud

From memory weren't we all in on Tim English, our list management group wanted another recognised ruckman. At the last minute they were over ruled by Pyke who wanted to add pure speed. I can only assume, because we were so invested in height, we only researched and scouted those who could fill the role. So when Pyke at the presentation meeting requested speed and did not accept English I can only assume we were caught with out pants down with little research in that department.

From memory weren't we all in on Tim English, our list management group wanted another recognised ruckman. At the last minute they were over ruled by Pyke who wanted to add pure speed. I can only assume, because we were so invested in height, we only researched and scouted those who could fill the role. So when Pyke at the presentation meeting requested speed and did not accept English I can only assume we were caught with out pants down with little research in that department.

A man sitting next to Hamish when the selection was made, confirms that story is garbage. The coach doesn’t get a veto, doesn’t have final say, the recruitment team makes the decision. Every time. Ever.

Anyone can try to persuade and argue, but the decision is made by Hamish

Hamish chose to be persuaded. It’s on him

A man sitting next to Hamish when the selection was made, confirms that story is garbage. The coach doesn’t get a veto, doesn’t have final say, the recruitment team makes the decision. Every time. Ever.

Anyone can try to persuade and argue, but the decision is made by Hamish

Hamish chose to be persuaded. It’s on him

Ahh well if true, you are correct. on Hamish.

Between 2015 and 2019 when Carlton were routinely bottom 4 and there were no signs of a rise, pretty much no best 22 players went there

Yes they did get lots of players to go there, but they were the Jed Lamb, Billie Smedts, Darcy Lang types or they were fringe guys like Matt Kennedy, Nic Newman and Will Setterfield

The only confirmed best 22 players that crossed to Carlton in those years were Mitch McGovern and Jack Martin

When they started rising, that's when they were able to add Saad, Williams, Cerra, etc.

They still finished 11 and 13 when they added Saad,Williams and then Hewitt and Cerra

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were linked with Simpkin and Florent, as well as Gallucci. Not to mention the fact that we went after Gibbs - midfield was always the priority in a post-Dangerfield world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not if.

Hamish made the decision. Maybe he made it to please the coach, but he decided

The coach has no authority over the recruitment team
Yep and to keep Mutineer happy, just say it is true that Hamish wanted English but was overruled because Pyke wanted a mid, Pyke sure isn’t saying you must pick Gallucci. If Hamish didn’t rate Gallucci we are not picking him, it’s that simple.

I can’t believe that dud has kept his job for this long.

Even supposing that is true, he still could have picked literally anyone else.

Yep and to keep Mutineer happy, just say it is true that Hamish wanted English but was overruled because Pyke wanted a mid, Pyke sure isn’t saying you must pick Gallucci. If Hamish didn’t rate Gallucci we are not picking him, it’s that simple.

I can’t believe that dud has kept his job for this long.

I’m not making the point to blame Hamish (that’s a separate matter) but because that story annoys me. Much like Gunston told us he was coming in to sign and then did a midnight runner - they’re not true

And seeing Mutineer get his knickers in a knot is an added bonus 🤣🤣

Even supposing that is true, he still could have picked literally anyone else.

I know Hamish has the final say and I do agree that ultimately the results full on Hamish. Obviously he is in charge of building a list. But clearly the coach does have a strongly weighted opinion. No point drafting players who are excessive to needs or don't fit with the coaches game plan. I think this was a coaches pick, Hamish was made to look bad and well hopefully he has learned from it. His most recent drafting since the rebuild 2020 onwards appears to look quick good.

Slight trigger warning, but here's the list of players taken after Gallucci. Willem Drew also taken at pick 33. Sean Darcy at pick 38. Tom Stewart at pick 40.

View attachment 1991785
I wanted Pepper and still think he would have done ok in our system

The biggest thing for me was seeing Leon Cameron as footy boss at Sydney

I had thought he had stepped away

Imagine a football person in a footy boss role

And no to the suggestion that Nicks would make a good footy boss. I dont trust his ideas

Between 2015 and 2019 when Carlton were routinely bottom 4 and there were no signs of a rise, pretty much no best 22 players went there

Yes they did get lots of players to go there, but they were the Jed Lamb, Billie Smedts, Darcy Lang types or they were fringe guys like Matt Kennedy, Nic Newman and Will Setterfield

The only confirmed best 22 players that crossed to Carlton in those years were Mitch McGovern and Jack Martin

When they started rising, that's when they were able to add Saad, Williams, Cerra, etc.

Carlton were 13th with 8 wins when Saad and Cerra went there.

7 wins when Williams went there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back