Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year people say there won’t be A grade talent available at our pick, however our current midfield was taken as follows.

Dawson, pick 56
Laird, rookie
Soligo, pick 36
Rory Sloane, pick 44
Matt Crouch, pick 23

While Chayce Jones, Rachelle and Gallucci were taken 1st round as midfielders.

History shows there absolutely will be genuine A grade midfield talent available to us this year at our picks, we just have to be better at talent identification.
We overlooked Serong for McAsey so yeah we do

Every year people say there won’t be A grade talent available at our pick, however our current midfield was taken as follows.

Dawson, pick 56
Laird, rookie
Soligo, pick 36
Rory Sloane, pick 44
Matt Crouch, pick 23

While Chayce Jones, Rachelle and Gallucci were taken 1st round as midfielders.

History shows there absolutely will be genuine A grade midfield talent available to us this year at our picks, we just have to be better at talent identification.
I would have thought development is just aa big a factor once we get them

Not that this really means anything now, but pretty sure I saw Oliver at Adelaide airport yesterday...if it wasn't him, it was a damn good doppelgänger

Last edited:

Not this really means anything now, but pretty sure I saw Oliver at Adelaide airport yesterday...if it wasn't him, it was a damn good doppelgänger
Excuse Me GIF

Not that this really means anything now, but pretty sure I saw Oliver at Adelaide airport yesterday...if it wasn't him, it was a damn good doppelgänger
Better let Gawn know as probably still looking for him...

Why does everyone keep saying he needed to “turn things around”?..

Are we all that naive that we think what Stengle was doing is any different to what a lot of these AFL footy players do?..

And anyone here that thinks Stengle wouldnt get on it in the off season now is fxxkn dreaming.

Most of the players would get on the lines recreationally when having a few drinks with mates.. especially in the off season.. Stengle and Crouch were just unfortunate enough to get caught.. and then Stengle was again unfortunate to have some absolute scumbag take a photo of him sitting on a couch at a party and then run to the media with it.

Stengle didnt need to do anything.. he just needed a club that doesnt give a sh*t about the media nonsense to take him in.. Geelong was the perfect home. Geelong has shown over the years that it couldnt care less about the petty AFL media’s scrutiny and nonsense..

The Crows, however, panic at the first sign of any potentially poor publicity in the media.. and overreact to it every single time.

Doesnt help that the Vic media love to go to town on the Crows at any opportunity but its really about time the club just ignores it..

Was it drunk driving and two coke related offences in the same year?

I reckon a pretty short list of players that have multiple offences of those type in a year. Perhaps just Tyson?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's an interesting one - we'll need to offer them more than what they'll get as a free agent if we want him next year. If it's close, they're not going to release him.

The biggest reason Melbourne didn’t want to release him was that it was a last minute bid that didn’t allow them time to plan for and acquire a replacement

Which is fair enough

They expect to contend in 2024 and leaving an open hole in the roof just didn’t fit with their plans

With Joel Smith in trouble that can’t have helped either

Next year? Entirely different situation. They’ve got time to plan their list management rather than the smash and grab we proposed this time

I can see a scenario where Oliver doesn't come back next year citing personal reasons. A few more stories leak out. Next minute we're taking on his 2030 huge contract for a third round pick and Melbourne paying some of his salary. Not saying he'd turn the corner in Adelaide, might never play a game... but I can see it happening.

I can see a scenario where Oliver doesn't come back next year citing personal reasons. A few more stories leak out. Next minute we're taking on his 2030 huge contract for a third round pick and Melbourne paying some of his salary. Not saying he'd turn the corner in Adelaide, might never play a game... but I can see it happening.
Yeah I wouldn't rule it out. Especially given Oliver has recently said he's unhappy with how Goodwin and Melbourne have been talking about talking in the media.

TBH I hope he doesn't go full Ben Cousins on us. Such a talented player.

But yeah, something like that is certainly not out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was so unhappy why didn't he say * it trade me? He was given that opportunity?
Surely that's better than sitting out for a year or worse retirement

I can actually confirm this is correct it wasn’t a doppelginger - spending time on the EP With a least one team mate.
This is interesting actually.

I haven't been to the EP for years but I imagine a visit there still involves camping, surfing or fishing or something similar. These are great R and R activities for a "rehabilitating" AFL player in the off season. Away from the spotlight too.

But...

Why the Adelaide airport? Surely camping means driving! With all the various equipment and supplies needed, it seems weird that a journey like this would start with a flight.

Without anything to substantiate it, I'm starting the rumour there's more to an Adelaide airport visit by Clayton Oliver. Given his alleged comments about MFC rehabilitation staff AND his extremely public fall from grace AND his public humiliation brought on by his employer (MFC) AND the alleged interest in trading Adelaide have shown him, it's too many coincidences for a rumour thread to ignore.

I think we're still into him and are mutually using the perfect window in the AFL calendar to meet with him somewhere more discrete than the kitchen of Max Gawn.

Players are all travelling just now. And who wouldn't like a spot of "camping" on the EP?

GIF by MasterChefAU

This is interesting actually.

I haven't been to the EP for years but I imagine a visit there still involves camping, surfing or fishing or something similar. These are great R and R activities for a "rehabilitating" AFL player in the off season. Away from the spotlight too.

But...

Why the Adelaide airport? Surely camping means driving! With all the various equipment and supplies needed, it seems weird that a journey like this would start with a flight.

Without anything to substantiate it, I'm starting the rumour there's more to an Adelaide airport visit by Clayton Oliver. Given his alleged comments about MFC rehabilitation staff AND his extremely public fall from grace AND his public humiliation brought on by his employer (MFC) AND the alleged interest in trading Adelaide have shown him, it's too many coincidences for a rumour thread to ignore.

I think we're still into him and are mutually using the perfect window in the AFL calendar to meet with him somewhere more discrete than the kitchen of Max Gawn.

Players are all travelling just now. And who wouldn't like a spot of "camping" on the EP?

GIF by MasterChefAU
Maybe petty rang him up and said “get out of that shithole that is Melbourne mate and come over and spend some time in the desert with me.. we’ll do a big camping/fishing trip from Lincoln to Cactus”

Clayton’s gone “But I’ve got no camping gear”..

Petty.. “No worries mate, I have.. and, by the way, you do realise they still sell the stuff in shops and you’re on a million dollars a year.. just fly over to Adelaide and I’ll pick you up from the airport and we’ll go”..

The stretch of coast between Lincoln to Cactus is one of the best places on earth for fishing, surfing, camping and just getting the fxxk away from it all.

Maybe petty rang him up and said “get out of that shithole that is Melbourne mate and come over and spend some time in the desert with me.. we’ll do a big camping/fishing trip from Lincoln to Cactus”

Clayton’s gone “But I’ve got no camping gear”..

Petty.. “No worries mate, I have.. and, by the way, you do realise they still sell the stuff in shops and you’re on a million dollars a year.. just fly over to Adelaide and I’ll pick you up from the airport and we’ll go”..

The stretch of coast between Lincoln to Cactus is one of the best places on earth for fishing, surfing, camping and just getting the fxxk away from it all.
Surely he'd pick him up from Port Lincoln airport to avoid the 9 hour drive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back