Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is interesting actually.

I haven't been to the EP for years but I imagine a visit there still involves camping, surfing or fishing or something similar. These are great R and R activities for a "rehabilitating" AFL player in the off season. Away from the spotlight too.

But...

Why the Adelaide airport? Surely camping means driving! With all the various equipment and supplies needed, it seems weird that a journey like this would start with a flight.

Without anything to substantiate it, I'm starting the rumour there's more to an Adelaide airport visit by Clayton Oliver. Given his alleged comments about MFC rehabilitation staff AND his extremely public fall from grace AND his public humiliation brought on by his employer (MFC) AND the alleged interest in trading Adelaide have shown him, it's too many coincidences for a rumour thread to ignore.

I think we're still into him and are mutually using the perfect window in the AFL calendar to meet with him somewhere more discrete than the kitchen of Max Gawn.

Players are all travelling just now. And who wouldn't like a spot of "camping" on the EP?

GIF by MasterChefAU

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

This is interesting actually.

I haven't been to the EP for years but I imagine a visit there still involves camping, surfing or fishing or something similar. These are great R and R activities for a "rehabilitating" AFL player in the off season. Away from the spotlight too.

But...

Why the Adelaide airport? Surely camping means driving! With all the various equipment and supplies needed, it seems weird that a journey like this would start with a flight.

Without anything to substantiate it, I'm starting the rumour there's more to an Adelaide airport visit by Clayton Oliver. Given his alleged comments about MFC rehabilitation staff AND his extremely public fall from grace AND his public humiliation brought on by his employer (MFC) AND the alleged interest in trading Adelaide have shown him, it's too many coincidences for a rumour thread to ignore.

I think we're still into him and are mutually using the perfect window in the AFL calendar to meet with him somewhere more discrete than the kitchen of Max Gawn.

Players are all travelling just now. And who wouldn't like a spot of "camping" on the EP?

GIF by MasterChefAU
Great work with the theory however, hate to wreck it for you but he’s not camping he’s staying on a team mates family farm. Rex flights to Ceduna leave from Adelaide airport much easier and quicker than driving.

Great work with the theory however, hate to wreck it for you but he’s not camping he’s staying on a team mates family farm. Rex flights to Ceduna leave from Adelaide airport much easier and quicker than driving.
Nah... Not in the rumour thread. I'll stay in the fantasy fiction section thanks.😊😊

... it's been quiet since the trade period finished.

Have the Ceduna and Port Lincoln hospitals been alerted just in case he has a clumsy fall....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have the Ceduna and Port Lincoln hospitals been alerted just in case he has a clumsy fall....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ve only been to Port Lincoln once, and that was 25 years ago. After driving through Port Pirie, Port Augusta and Whyalla to get there, it’s fair to say I had low expectations.

But jeebus, what a beautiful town.

Is it still as picturesque these days?

I’ve only been to Port Lincoln once, and that was 25 years ago. After driving through Port Pirie, Port Augusta and Whyalla to get there, it’s fair to say I had low expectations.

Port Lincoln is the only habitable town on the Eyre Peninsula. Actually, that non-habitable zone should also be widened to include Port Pirie. Lincoln is great... the rest of the Eyre Peninsula towns could only be improved by nuking them out of existence.

The rest of them are all towns where they seagulls fly upside down - because the towns aren't even worth shitting on.

** I spent 7 year living on the Eyre Peninsula when I was growing up. I still refer to Ceduna as "Hell" whenever I mention it in everyday conversations.

Was over that way a couple of xmas' ago, outstanding region. The colour of the water I can't get out of my mind, just spectacular.

Port Lincoln is the only habitable town on the Eyre Peninsula. Actually, that non-habitable zone should also be widened to include Port Pirie. Lincoln is great... the rest of the Eyre Peninsula towns could only be improved by nuking them out of existence.

The rest of them are all towns where they seagulls fly upside down - because the towns aren't even worth shitting on.

** I spent 7 year living on the Eyre Peninsula when I was growing up. I still refer to Ceduna as "Hell" whenever I mention it in everyday conversations.

streaky bay is habitable

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Maybe petty rang him up and said “get out of that shithole that is Melbourne mate and come over and spend some time in the desert with me.. we’ll do a big camping/fishing trip from Lincoln to Cactus”

Clayton’s gone “But I’ve got no camping gear”..

Petty.. “No worries mate, I have.. and, by the way, you do realise they still sell the stuff in shops and you’re on a million dollars a year.. just fly over to Adelaide and I’ll pick you up from the airport and we’ll go”..

The stretch of coast between Lincoln to Cactus is one of the best places on earth for fishing, surfing, camping and just getting the fxxk away from it all.

Take it easy Vader some of enjoyed our growing up on EP, as I did in a great beachside EP country town .
Though I will admit Port Pirie to Whyalla area hasn't got much better over the years.

Take it easy Vader some of enjoyed our growing up on EP, as I did in a great beachside EP country town .
Though I will admit Port Pirie to Whyalla area hasn't got much better over the years.
Port Pirie .....

ugly baby (3).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than living in Ceduna, that's for sure.

To be fair, living in the garbage dump at the Mugga Lane Tip would be preferable to living in Ceduna.
Geez, that’s a bit miserable..

Whats wrong with elliston. Streaky or coffins?..

All great little towns for a getaway..

Genuine question. Let's say I wanted to lose a week just visiting some great regional SA spots - where would you recommend?

Hard to answer. If I was booking a week somewhere to base myself, I’d probably be around Aldinga Beach. Next door to mclaren vale, lots of golf courses and city and victor are easily accessible. Could say similar about Barossa, although courses aren’t as good. South East is great, but I’m already here. West is a bit harsh and distant between attractions I reckon, but still worthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back