Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Lincoln is the only habitable town on the Eyre Peninsula. Actually, that non-habitable zone should also be widened to include Port Pirie. Lincoln is great... the rest of the Eyre Peninsula towns could only be improved by nuking them out of existence.

The rest of them are all towns where they seagulls fly upside down - because the towns aren't even worth shitting on.

** I spent 7 year living on the Eyre Peninsula when I was growing up. I still refer to Ceduna as "Hell" whenever I mention it in everyday conversations.
Well glad I wasn’t “nuked “
With my Dads work we spent almost a year at Wudinna
“ Where the Crows flew backwards to keep the dust outa der eyes “

I’ve only been to Port Lincoln once, and that was 25 years ago. After driving through Port Pirie, Port Augusta and Whyalla to get there, it’s fair to say I had low expectations.

But jeebus, what a beautiful town.

Is it still as picturesque these days?
Very nice place.

And great seafood. N

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port Lincoln is the only habitable town on the Eyre Peninsula. Actually, that non-habitable zone should also be widened to include Port Pirie. Lincoln is great... the rest of the Eyre Peninsula towns could only be improved by nuking them out of existence.

The rest of them are all towns where they seagulls fly upside down - because the towns aren't even worth shitting on.

** I spent 7 year living on the Eyre Peninsula when I was growing up. I still refer to Ceduna as "Hell" whenever I mention it in everyday conversations.
Coffin Bay and Tumby Bay are nice places.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez, that’s a bit miserable..

Whats wrong with elliston. Streaky or coffins?..

All great little towns for a getaway..
Or Tumby, where I lived on the foreshore for 5 years. Paradise, if you like quiet living and light aqua blue crystal clear water.

Or Tumby, where I lived on the foreshore for 5 years. Paradise, if you like quiet living and light aqua blue crystal clear water.
Were you there between 1977 and 1981?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would you trade a pick in the middle of the year? Set a minimum benchmark for it ?

I mean imagine trading with GWS earlier this year thinking you are going to get a top 10 pick.

not sure there'll be much mid season action. It'll be contending teams overpaying for decent depth, but not to the extent of first rounders being used.

Yeah well what paradise do you live in?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah well what paradise do you live in?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I spent heaps of time in my youth travelling all over SA … All of those “yuk” towns mentioned have at least one fun memory for me. Even Pt Aggutta.

I’ve lived all over the place as an adult, overseas and all over Australia. So many similar opinions of what is bad about a place relate to a single incident or experience that set the tone for that individual.

For example … I’ve been in the US, Malaysia, Slovenia, and even spent 6 months in India … it’s all about your experience. US was awesome for me, Malaysia was full of recalcitrants (Paul Keating reference for the oldies), Slovenia was family and vino and amazing, India was a mix of the worst and the incredible.

I get similar comments all the time (like the EP degradation) when people talk about my current home for the last 10 years… Hobart.

You come to realise that it’s a reflection of the individual, not a true reflection of the places. There are great and rubbish people everywhere, which is how my strongest memories of places are formed.

Having said that, I still bite when people put down Tassie. I shouldn’t, I mean some people just don’t rate great food and drink - clean air and water - beautiful coastlines - amazing wilderness - being able to stroll along in life without too much fuss.

The only unquestionable negative I’ve seen down here is we let Cruise ships in. Those people are the worst!!

I spent heaps of time in my youth travelling all over SA … All of those “yuk” towns mentioned have at least one fun memory for me. Even Pt Aggutta.

I’ve lived all over the place as an adult, overseas and all over Australia. So many similar opinions of what is bad about a place relate to a single incident or experience that set the tone for that individual.

For example … I’ve been in the US, Malaysia, Slovenia, and even spent 6 months in India … it’s all about your experience. US was awesome for me, Malaysia was full of recalcitrants (Paul Keating reference for the oldies), Slovenia was family and vino and amazing, India was a mix of the worst and the incredible.

I get similar comments all the time (like the EP degradation) when people talk about my current home for the last 10 years… Hobart.

You come to realise that it’s a reflection of the individual, not a true reflection of the places. There are great and rubbish people everywhere, which is how my strongest memories of places are formed.

Having said that, I still bite when people put down Tassie. I shouldn’t, I mean some people just don’t rate great food and drink - clean air and water - beautiful coastlines - amazing wilderness - being able to stroll along in life without too much fuss.

The only unquestionable negative I’ve seen down here is we let Cruise ships in. Those people are the worst!!

What was your means of income during all this moving around?

Enjoyable read, nice twist too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back