Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

cool - 4 weeks of..nothing.. before the draft

Thats not a surprise. It was more evident than not the teams that held the top 10 picks were completely disinterested in trading unless an offer they couldn't say no to fell into their lap. Gold Coast sold pick 4 because the WB sold the farm.

Most clubs will wait until they see who slides on draft night and we may see some pick swaps between 10-20/30.

I dont think we will see many pick swaps at all. Just bids.

Hamill played every single game in the SANFL this year.

He didn't miss a game.

And he didn't once get selected for the AFL.

I would have said Hamill didn't get a game more out of a lack of need in his position than anything else. You'd argue with Milera, Smith, Hinge, Worrell all maintaining their form and fitness, Hamill was always going to struggle to push past them on the selection table.

Hamill could be the long term replacement for Smith. A good strong pre season he does have the tools to make an impact.

I would have said Hamill didn't get a game more out of a lack of need in his position than anything else. You'd argue with Milera, Smith, Hinge, Worrell all maintaining their form and fitness, Hamill was always going to struggle to push past them on the selection table.

Hamill could be the long term replacement for Smith. A good strong pre season he does have the tools to make an impact.
Hamill really struggled in the first half of last season in the SANFL. He was finding enough of the ball but his disposal was terrible. I thought his last couple of months were much better and purely on form he was a reasonable back up (but behind Parnell in the pecking order).

Like most posters, I am concerned about his long term health and I think it is possible but unlikely that he will establish a career in the AFL from here. The earlier comment that he often puts his head down and charges forward (and then tries to work out what to do) was right on the money imho.

I dont think we will see many pick swaps at all. Just bids.
Probably the only one potential huge pick swap which is still unlikely to happen is if North trade Picks 2 and 3 for Pick 1 or Pick 2 and F1 for Pick 1.

I think the Top 10-20 is probably almost set in stone now.

Probably the only one potential huge pick swap which is still unlikely to happen is if North trade Picks 2 and 3 for Pick 1 or Pick 2 and F1 for Pick 1.

I think 8 and 9 are still in play but the right players need to be available and it would cost a fair bit to move up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Ive said elsewhere, I think gws might be happy to move back a couple of spots on the night …. Our guy will likely be there a couple of spots later than our first pick

As Ive said elsewhere, I think gws might be happy to move back a couple of spots on the night …. Our guy will likely be there a couple of spots later than our first pick
I assume this is in reference to Leake? Makes sense really, since Melbourne would probably end up with one of Watson/Sanders/Curtin, and neither Geelong nor Essendon have been linked with him to my knowledge.

Would you do our 10 and 20 for your 7 and 43?

I think 8 and 9 are still in play but the right players need to be available and it would cost a fair bit to move up.
Thats the point Im making though, I dont think the Club will want to incur that cost.

Its an interesting debate if there will be any changes in the Top 10 draft picks.

Hamill really struggled in the first half of last season in the SANFL. He was finding enough of the ball but his disposal was terrible. I thought his last couple of months were much better and purely on form he was a reasonable back up (but behind Parnell in the pecking order).

Like most posters, I am concerned about his long term health and I think it is possible but unlikely that he will establish a career in the AFL from here. The earlier comment that he often puts his head down and charges forward (and then tries to work out what to do) was right on the money imho.

There is no reason to be worried about his long term health. We aren't doctors. Let the protocols, the club, Hamill and the medical staff assess that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back