AFLW Autopsy 2023 season 8 Semi Final Crows v Swans Saturday 18 Nov, 7:15pm, Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Wheresbuddy

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Who comes in for Priv?

We could look at bringing Reynolds in if fit given we looked vulnerable at times when the tall GC ruck hit to advantage. Crows tallest ruck is 185cm compared with Kate at 191cm. Imagine if Kate can present it on a platter for our mids - I think Gowan and the rest of us would be salivating at the prospect.

Against this is Reynolds has been injured and has not played all season. I seriously doubt she could run out the game. However, there are 5 on the bench and an AFLW game is shorter so perhaps this is not as big an issue.

The other option would be to go with a smaller utility type like Szigeti, Shepherd or Beruldsen. All three have played a bit this year and would be match ready.

However, I'm going for Reynolds if fit. Even if she plays out half a game, there is the chance she could help crack the game wide open for us with her ruck work.

Out: Priv (injured)
In: Reynolds

Who comes in for Priv?

We could look at bringing Reynolds in if fit given we looked vulnerable at times when the tall GC ruck hit to advantage. Crows tallest ruck is 185cm compared with Kate at 191cm. Imagine if Kate can present it on a platter for our mids - I think Gowan and the rest of us would be salivating at the prospect.

Against this is Reynolds has been injured and has not played all season. I seriously doubt she could run out the game. However, there are 5 on the bench and an AFLW game is shorter so perhaps this is not as big an issue.

The other option would be to go with a smaller utility type like Szigeti, Shepherd or Beruldsen. All three have played a bit this year and would be match ready.

However, I'm going for Reynolds if fit. Even if she plays out half a game, there is the chance she could help crack the game wide open for us with her ruck work.

Out: Priv (injured)
In: Reynolds
Still devastated for Priv. She's really come into her own as the season went on.

And you're right, we are small down forward. It all depends how Reynolds has been going in training and if she's got her touch back and can run out a game. Our pressure was immense across the ground, if she can't hold her own I'm not sure they'll name her but I'm still not sure who else we can bring in.

I was slightly hopeful that Reynolds might be recalled because I spoke to her directly after our loss to Hawthorn in round 7 and she had told me that she was a teeny chance of making it back before the end of the season, which made me think that given we have made finals and given her extra time to recover she might make it. But the injury report 10 days ago pretty much made it clear that she was not going to play again this year on my reading. It's a real pity because we need height and we need a ruck.

I was slightly hopeful that Reynolds might be recalled because I spoke to her directly after our loss to Hawthorn in round 7 and she had told me that she was a teeny chance of making it back before the end of the season, which made me think that given we have made finals and given her extra time to recover she might make it. But the injury report 10 days ago pretty much made it clear that she was not going to play again this year on my reading. It's a real pity because we need height and we need a ruck.
I don't know the nature of Ally's injury but I wonder if we could consider playing her at FF with her hand in a soft cast or wrapped. I assume it's her rucking hand. Obviously not if further damage could cause serious harm but ...

FIRST SEMI FINAL
MEMBER PRE-SALE
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13

2:30PM - 4:30PM AEDT / 2PM - 4PM ACDT

Adult and Concession tickets: $10

Kids under 18 go free! Just redeem a $0 ticket via Ticketmaster.
You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction.

Mister B

I've got no obvious replacement for Priv. Which is a bit telling I think or maybe I'm just not seeing it.
You're not seeing it because there isn't one at the same skill level, especially in marking. She's terrific for her height. Bella and Lexi are taller but not as good a lead or mark. Alice needed down back or in ruck.

We have no KPP depth!

I'm looking forward to our match this week but I'm sad to say that I'm much less optimistic about a victory. Last week I felt we were underdogs but I still thought we had a really good chance and the closer it came to match time, the more I thought so. But I think the top 4 teams are a class above the rest and this week I'll be hoping we put in a good showing. If we play as well as we did on the weekend, I'll be plenty happy regardless of the result.

From SEN interview with Chloe sounds like Priv is out :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have no KPP depth!

I'm looking forward to our match this week but I'm sad to say that I'm much less optimistic about a victory. Last week I felt we were underdogs but I still thought we had a really good chance and the closer it came to match time, the more I thought so. But I think the top 4 teams are a class above the rest and this week I'll be hoping we put in a good showing. If we play as well as we did on the weekend, I'll be plenty happy regardless of the result.
At least we know what we should be targeting in the draft this year:tongueoutv1:

"That’s how you want to bench mark yourself and see where you’re actually at." Scott Gowans, Bella Smith and Sofia Hurley open up on how they will tackle their biggest challenge yet.

I'm on best man duties at a wedding on Saturday so won't be able to watch this one live :(

Who will be Tanya Kennedy's next scalp? I haven't seen any of the Crows games but I'm assuming they'll have more weapons to contend with in the midfield than the Suns did?
Ebony Marinoff would be an excellent match up. Worth the price of admission to see those two go head to head.

We have no KPP depth!

Have to admit, the thought of beating the Crows again after this years Mens goal debacle is delicious.

McEvoy to go up forward to replace Privitelli I think. Bring in someone who can play down back and assist Mitchell, Heads & Tarrant.
McEvoy has been so good down back I really down want to mess with that. Our defence has been fantastic these last few weeks and we were getting hammered by the Suns in F50 entries and they kept them out.

McEvoy has been so good down back I really down want to mess with that. Our defence has been fantastic these last few weeks and we were getting hammered by the Suns in F50 entries and they kept them out.

I think we might struggle to kick a score otherwise though. I guess it depends how we want to go about trying to win. Personally I think better to be aggressive than trying to hold Adelaide to a really low score.

Where has Smith been playing lately? Ditto Mitchell. Somehow, except when they're rucking, I haven't been noticing them very much, which leads me to think that they haven't made much impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back