Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they have access?
Part of their mcg deal. They get complete access to the insides stand level 1 and 4 for away games. As of this year they get limited access to level 2 when they play away games against other mcg tenants. Tonight they had full access to level 2.

Been like this forever, surprised you haven’t noticed at Richmond home games.

Very anecdotal but MCG Thursday games tend to get a bigger GA proportion. It's a good night for groups of young people who are not die-hards or even neutral supporters, but a lot of the reserved seat holders would be weekend-goers who are the passionate family/generational fans. I've certainly been to a few games where the GA sections are surprisingly full and the attendance comes up and it's 10k less than anticilated and it's because the reserved seat holders who go back deep into level 1 under cover are basically empty.

Part of their mcg deal. They get complete access to the insides stand level 1 and 4 for away games. As of this year they get limited access to level 2 when they play away games against other mcg tenants. Tonight they had full access to level 2.

Been like this forever, surprised you haven’t noticed at Richmond home games.
The away access memberships cost more, and very few members of any club pay to have them.

Most members are either 11 game home members or 4 game members, and neither had access last night.

The away access memberships cost more, and very few members of any club pay to have them.

Most members are either 11 game home members or 4 game members, and neither had access last night.
You can argue all you like, go have a look at Collingwood's MCG map and you will see that the Ponsofrd is reserved for them for their away games and always has been. They have also sold out their legends memberships which is the membership that gives home and away access to reserved seats and bays.

Quite a lot of tickets available at the back of the top level for tonight but damn they’re expensive. Cheapest at $89 for an adult feels too much.
Adelaide Oval has always been stupidly overpriced. Genuinely preventing your average Australian from being able to take the family to the footy. Category 1 tickets starting at $116 for some games is just ridiculous. They charge more than finals cost.

St Kilda's:

7th biggest H&A crowd ever
3rd biggest H&A crowd excluding public holidays
3rd biggest Home crowd ever

for a game between two winless teams on a Thursday night and there are people bagging it.

Adelaide Oval has always been stupidly overpriced. Genuinely preventing your average Australian from being able to take the family to the footy. Category 1 tickets starting at $116 for some games is just ridiculous. They charge more than finals cost.
Yep those prices in hard economic times for a lot of working people who are struggling to make ends meet are just not right and could also be a drag on crowds at AO.

i dont think melbourne based people are necessarily across how expensive the footy is outside of melbourne, both ticket prices and food and beverage. there was a story earlier this week about cost of food at marvel and i think a pie $4.50 and people complaining, meanwhile the same pie at other stadiums across Australia are $6-7

as i have said often, the empty red seats you see at Cararra are usually the $45-70 ones, the GA sections are full

i dont think melbourne based people are necessarily across how expensive the footy is outside of melbourne
It isn't more expensive outside of Melbourne, aside from West Coast games. Port Adelaide games work out to be the cheapest in some cases.

Victoria is the only state that doesn't have free public transport included with tickets, after all.

there was a story earlier this week about cost of food at marvel and i think a pie $4.50 and people complaining, meanwhile the same pie at other stadiums across Australia are $6-7
I don't know who you think was complaining, but those other stadiums across Australia would include the MCG, which I believe is located in Melbourne.

FOUR N TWENTY PIE Marvel Stadium: $4.50 MCG: $6.20

HOT CHIPS Marvel Stadium: $4.50 MCG: $6.20

HOT DOGS Marvel Stadium: $6 MCG: $6

600ML SOFT DRINK Marvel Stadium: $6 MCG: $6.20

DRAUGHT BEER Marvel Stadium: $11.50 MCG: $11.50

BOTTLE OF WATER Marvel Stadium: $4.50 MCG: $4.70

COFFEE Marvel Stadium: $5.50 MCG: $5.50

It isn't more expensive outside of Melbourne, aside from West Coast games. Port Adelaide games work out to be the cheapest in some cases.

Victoria is the only state that doesn't have free public transport included with tickets, after all.

I don't know who you think was complaining, but those other stadiums across Australia would include the MCG, which I believe is located in Melbourne.

FOUR N TWENTY PIE Marvel Stadium: $4.50 MCG: $6.20

HOT CHIPS Marvel Stadium: $4.50 MCG: $6.20

HOT DOGS Marvel Stadium: $6 MCG: $6

600ML SOFT DRINK Marvel Stadium: $6 MCG: $6.20

DRAUGHT BEER Marvel Stadium: $11.50 MCG: $11.50

BOTTLE OF WATER Marvel Stadium: $4.50 MCG: $4.70

COFFEE Marvel Stadium: $5.50 MCG: $5.50
i take your point re MCG - fair call, but even tho more expensive than melbourne, the MCG are still cheaper than elsewhere i am pretty sure.

in terms of seat prices, no one is as cheap as MCG and marvel, or at least has as much GA area that you can just rock up and pay what is it this year between $25-30?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i take your point re MCG - fair call, but even tho more expensive than melbourne, the MCG are still cheaper than elsewhere i am pretty sure.

in terms of seat prices, no one is as cheap as MCG and marvel, or at least has as much GA area that you can just rock up and pay what is it this year between $25-30?
They're not cheaper when you factor in travel costs, that's the key point. MCG & Marvel GA seats are $27 but when adding on fares for public transport or parking, the average attendee is paying as much or more than the $35-$40 GA tickets in other states.

Hawks vs dees tickets don’t look good. The game never draws above 50k and doubt it’s going to get to 50k tomorrow.

Hawks vs dees tickets don’t look good. The game never draws above 50k and doubt it’s going to get to 50k tomorrow.
Ticket sales won’t look good for this one because it’s a replacement home game for us so there is no need to reserve seats. It will be just under 45 like it always is, the 50k last year round 23 was an outlier because of pink lady game.

The really big concern for hawthorn would be how few of their reserved areas are actually sold out. When you put HAWKSBAY in the Ticketek barcode section you have access to all the unsold hawthorn member areas. Would be at least half the seats in some bays.

If you have a reserved seat, you just rock up. If you have a GA membership, you just rock up. Why would anyone pay extra to reserve a seat?
Because people don’t all have memberships and GA members may want to sit on level 1 or 2 and not level 4. Only 4 bays on level 1 are GA today in the Ponsford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back