Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond crowds will come back to reality this year.

I think if Essendon ever get gojng, they may have the ability to make Collingwood seem mediocre, but that’s a debate for another day.
I do agree Essendon are probably the most supported behind Collingwood, but you could make that particular statement about any of the “Big 4”. Their supporter bases are so ingrained due to their successes during the early days of television which has resulted in perpetual cycles of gaining new supporters so of course they each look like the most supporter team when they are winning premierships and the others aren’t.

With a Good Friday total of 98,602 for two matches the AFL would be very happy with that figure and now lets see how the TV ratings went as well.

The AFL Commission needs to also bite the bullet and make the right business decision starting with a twilight GF ASAP and then go to a night GF not long after to maximize the TV ratings as lets face the fact that the billions in TV money the AFL are about to receive over the next few seasons will keep the comp afloat and without those funds the AFL would not survive it its current form for very long.

Last edited:
Richmond crowds will come back to reality this year.

Unlike most the Richmond supporters in here I have always firmly felt we are the smallest of the big four, meaning we are big none the less and I am more than okay with that.

I think if Essendon ever get gojng, they may have the ability to make Collingwood seem mediocre, but that’s a debate for another day.

Last weekend saw 30K Rock up to the first home game, but this week we contend with 0-3, half a team out again and Easter Sunday being the day most family do Easter things.

25-28K Tiges and 8-10K Swans will see a ceiling of about 35K on Sunday arvo.

What goes up, must come down and luckily for the AFL it looks like it’s the blues turn to awaken the next sleeping giant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree. The era is over and the crowds inevitably slide. No team is immune.

ticket sales at Adelaide oval don’t look great tonight. Looks like it will be around 35k if not less.

Really should be an easter sunday night game on the Gold Coast each year. Take advantage of the holidaying crowd and like easter thursday lions v pies, have same teams every year. I would like Gold Coast v Saints personally to be the matchup.

The afternoon Carl v North came in a responsible # 10 on what was a day to be outside enjoying the great weather.

SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALLSeven865,000275,0000

Doesn't include Adelaide and Perth of course, but that number does seem pretty poor for what is a claimed "blockbuster".
Doesnt include Sydney either. Rated 479k on FTA last year - 279k in Melb alone. Was broadcast to both Syd/Bris as well as melb. 2022 match rated 229, but was Vic only.

Good crowd. About as big as you can get for a standard game at Marvel these days. Frustrating that they haven’t figured out a way to get 50k back. Hasn’t happened since 2011 despite many sellouts. Needs to be addressed.

Jeez we were loud today! That stringer goal felt like we had nearly 50,000 k in the house.
44,000 is probably the best we’d get these days.

Good crowd. About as big as you can get for a standard game at Marvel these days. Frustrating that they haven’t figured out a way to get 50k back. Hasn’t happened since 2011 despite many sellouts. Needs to be addressed.

It's been so long the way it is that I don't think the AFL are serious about change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo is smashing crowds out of the park, ironically off the back of poor form and not sure you can say it’s still a new stadium upswing other than the capacity boost.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, freo ave over 40k last year as a btm 6 club.
If we can nab a flag by the end of the decade and get some bandwagoners through the gates we should pull 50k+ most home games

So 38,105 at Adelaide oval. It does feel that the Adelaide clubs have struggled the most since covid to get crowds back to 2019 level.

I understand that Port are much smaller than Adelaide, but feels that an undefeated side should draw more against another good team.
Easter likely to have lowered the total a bit.

So 38,105 at Adelaide oval. It does feel that the Adelaide clubs have struggled the most since covid to get crowds back to 2019 level.

I understand that Port are much smaller than Adelaide, but feels that an undefeated side should draw more against another good team.
Easter likely to have lowered the total a bit.
Club can deny it all they like, but there is a Hinkley factor for sure.

It's stale and it is evident in the lack of atmosphere. Sit in the crowd at a Port Adelaide game and you can sense the frustration and negativity that permeates throughout the crowd.

A significant portion of the supporter base wants change and will not return until it happens. You will not see regular 40k crowds at Port Adelaide games until change is made.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yes, freo ave over 40k last year as a btm 6 club.
If we can nab a flag by the end of the decade and get some bandwagoners through the gates we should pull 50k+ most home games
Ive been saying it for a while, Freo are clearly the second biggest non-Vic club. Crazy to think given that maybe 20-25 years ago Adelaide were regularly managing 45,000 sellouts at the horrible Footy Park, while Freo were struggling to crack 20,000.
Adelaide are losing ground on and off the field.

Ive been saying it for a while, Freo are clearly the second biggest non-Vic club. Crazy to think given that maybe 20-25 years ago Adelaide were regularly managing 45,000 sellouts at the horrible Footy Park, while Freo were struggling to crack 20,000.
Adelaide are losing ground on and off the field.
Along with blues tiges pies the only 4 to ave 40k the last two years and we’ve won 1 final in 8 years.
It does help, eagles having a members waiting list and a really low patch so newbies are more inclined to chose the anchors.
Crows just need to challenge again to bring them back.
My uncle and Aunty have been full members since day dot.
Admittedly their older now but
the camp, low patch and some decisions really stole a bit of love for the club.
They still pay up every year but rarely go.

Last edited:
22991 for Dogs vs Eagles

When I saw level 3 partially shut off I thought it would be worse on Easter Sunday.
Post-flag it seems like there's floor for Docklands attendances that's just a tad higher than it ever was before. It's pretty much equal to about the lowest non-Covid crowd since 2016, while the Dogs had played 22 sub-20k crowds before 2016.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back