List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got more rucks in the SANFL (2, Sweet and Visentini) than we have centre square midfielders (0)

Mead playing AFL, Hugh Jackson injured long term, Sinn not getting any mid minutes, Narkle and Charleson have had about 2 combined quarters in there. Currently Nick Moore, Short and Turner (all SANFL listed) have been getting the most time in there.

Also there seems to be a hole in our list with wingers, we've got Lorenz at SANFL level, but the Clurey thing is not going to work.
Do we even have a mid season draft pick to use?

Port Adelaide has four sons of former stars eligible in this year's draft: Louis Montgomery (son of Brett), Rome Burgoyne (son of Peter and brother of current player Jase), Oliver Francou (son of Josh) and Ky Burgoyne (son of Shaun).

Where / who are they playing for to follow them?

Montgomery - north Adelaide under 18’s
Rome - wwt under 18’s
Ky- west Adel under 18’s
Oliver - north Adelaide under 18’s

Ben francou will also be playing for north under 18s as an underager
Gil wakelin playing for sturts under 18’s as an underager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midseason draft.

Think we are a Ruck short with likely injury to any of our current 3.

Brayden Crossley.

40 plus hit outs in the VFL.

From Rookie Me Draft notes.

"His strength is his one-on-one work and he is a big hitout winner"

Could be one to really have a look at with the Primus rule being repealed.

Did cope a 12 month WADA ban for coke while at the Suns but that's a while back.
So not all players were given the benefit of a one match "injury" to avoid public scrutiny. Why am I not surprised?

Midseason draft.

Think we are a Ruck short with likely injury to any of our current 3.

Brayden Crossley.

40 plus hit outs in the VFL.

From Rookie Me Draft notes.

"His strength is his one-on-one work and he is a big hitout winner"

Could be one to really have a look at with the Primus rule being repealed.

Did cope a 12 month WADA ban for coke while at the Suns but that's a while back.
I don't know that Port necessarily need another ruck, but Crossley should be on a list someone. Was pretty promising when he was on the Suns list before the drugs ban, not sure why nobody has brought him back since.

Nah Mick Conlon did the hard yards in the gym. Met him once when he was built like a tank. He told me he spent every spare moment in the gym. He was at boozy function and was the only one not drinking. Up to that point I had never met a non-drinker ... I grew up in Pirie.
I was of the opinion that he self reported that he was although I could be wrong. I think Rene Kink may have been another.

I'm happy to be wrong here because I liked his game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back