AFL 2024 - AFL Opening Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions against Fremantle next week could be some value at the line

Daisys Head Over Heart SGM GWS V Collingwood. Id imagine Lipinski 20+ Disposals is the risk here but I thought that price was double what I was expecting. Know its only preseason last week but all the players lines covered last week.

View attachment 1919606

Without checking stats from last year for Lipinski, im gathering his line is around 18.5 or so for Saturday night.
Daisys $20 Same Game Multi comes through.

It did seem a tad big and cleared fairly easily in the end for all legs.

Bad news is we dont get above evens for Callum Brown again after that performance with Giants schedule in the next 3 opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First 2 games were rough but super Saturday today means I end Opening round +50u up

I think I get to keep the HHH profile pic lmao
Also had a huge weekend.... do the same thing every year....
Crush first 2 weeks.... then all the goal scoring odds dry up and keep chasing them.

Time to lock it up this year when the books adjust.

Also had a huge weekend.... do the same thing every year....
Crush first 2 weeks.... then all the goal scoring odds dry up and keep chasing them.

Time to lock it up this year when the books adjust.

This has been my pattern (big wins early, then losses from around week 4 or 5).

I am wondering if the books do this intentionally, as in, they leave some juicy odds in the first rounds, so that we have some wins and get hooked, and then spend the rest of the year chasing that high, losing hand over fist.

I am wondering if the books do this intentionally, as in, they leave some juicy odds in the first rounds, so that we have some wins and get hooked, and then spend the rest of the year chasing that high, losing hand over fist.

start of season just produces new opportunities for lots of players and its not really a massive priority for books to be on the ball. They aren't just giving us a head start for the sake of it.

Scoring is a lot higher to start the year also and really drops off come winter

It’s not always going to be King $65 for 6 or Brown $100 for 5 odds - but I found the way after the first 2-3 rounds last year is bet against the bad FB/CHB players.

For me last year that was anyone v WC.

This year all of WC, North & Richmond look good for key defence weakness and ease of F50 entry. I’ll probably also target forwards getting BZT after the first couple of weeks watching Port to see how he goes, but Hogan & Hawkins tore him a new one last year one out.

Also by the time Hawkins came up against Essendon with a bit of a slow start he was circa $51 for 6 so odds do blow out. Hopefully a Tex/Daniher/Wright type has an average start to the year and we can get them good odds for 4-5 goals by round 7-8.

My theory is that most of the profit is generated from rookies who haven't played before who the bookies aren't able to price correctly: Rachelle 5 goals/ Gulden 3 goals.

Reality is, if the rookie is good, and capable of kicking a bag, they will likely debut in round 1 as they will have been very impressive in training over the off-season and are impossible to ignore by their club.

The lower quality rookies who have less chance of kicking a bag, will have been much less impressive, and likely don't get an opportunity until later in they year when there's an injury or the team has had a string of bad results and are looking to swing some changes and shake things up.

Pretty much, all the value is in debuting rookies, and they all play in round 1. The less impressive rookies all start coming through later on, but aren't getting picked on their merits as much.

I like the sound of this TAB promotion.

Missed By One? You've Still Won​

Place a bet on any player disposal market, and if ANY legs miss by one, you'll still be paid out as a winner!*

Terms & Conditions
*Only applies to 10/15/20/25/30/35/40+ Player Disposal Markets in Single, Multi and Same Game Multi bets.

Going to have to put some disposal SGMs on.

I was doing well in my same game multi for Gold Coast v Richmond game, did 6 leg but Ross as the sub cost me as I needed him to get 15 possession but he only had 10 possessions in 1 and half quarter.
Atleast I got a refund.
which book?
because some arent refunding these I found.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back