Opinion 2024 Fantasy - Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Only thing im semi contemplating at the moment.

Daicos (rd 5 bye)
Andrew Brayshaw
Xerri

or

Stewart
Walsh (rd 2 bye)
Gawn (rd 6 bye)

Bottom looks better for value but the byes are putting me off, which one would you pick taking into consideration the early byes?

Really interested to see other's thoughts on if the early bye's negative effect but also are value like Walsh/Gawn, out way the positive of paying up for a player which doesn't have the early bye/are trusted?

Only thing im semi contemplating at the moment.

Daicos (rd 5 bye)
Andrew Brayshaw
Xerri

or

Stewart
Walsh (rd 2 bye)
Gawn (rd 6 bye)

Bottom looks better for value but the byes are putting me off, which one would you pick taking into consideration the early byes?

Really interested to see other's thoughts on if the early bye's negative effect but also are value like Walsh/Gawn, out way the positive of paying up for a player which doesn't have the early bye/are trusted?

I’m sitting in the boat that says late byes aren’t as bad as the earlier byes for round 0 players. Ie late bye players I might hold as long as they don’t spud it up in round 0.

So your first selection looks stronger for mine, and gives you more options of shuffling the earlier rounds.

I’m sitting in the boat that says late byes aren’t as bad as the earlier byes for round 0 players. Ie late bye players I might hold as long as they don’t spud it up in round 0.

So your first selection looks stronger for mine, and gives you more options of shuffling the earlier rounds.
Yeah makes sense, this year will be the hardest to start by far.

Current predicament right now is

J Macrae and P Dow

or

Bont and Sharp/Z Duursma onfield.

Bont surely goes 20+ over Macrae, its more so if Sharp will be within 20 of Dow which i honestly think he will if he plays wing, and also a Captain option all year.
I think Freo would love top value out of Sharp so he'll get a shot (hopefully)

At this point, I'm doing everything I can to NOT pick Macrae. I said last year, I don't care how cheap he is.

I think Freo would love top value out of Sharp so he'll get a shot (hopefully)

At this point, I'm doing everything I can to NOT pick Macrae. I said last year, I don't care how cheap he is.
Yeah if he plays wing in practise matches and starts round 2 i think im fielding him over another rookie as he should average 60-70 at worst.

Current predicament right now is

J Macrae and P Dow

or

Bont and Sharp/Z Duursma onfield.

Bont surely goes 20+ over Macrae, its more so if Sharp will be within 20 of Dow which i honestly think he will if he plays wing, and also a Captain option all year.
Bont all day

What about on a cold wet windy Saturday arvo at Mars?
OK, except that day - but especially against the Kangas at Marvel on a Sunday arvo.........:bulldogs:
:tearsofjoy:

What about on a cold wet windy Saturday arvo at Mars?

Future Bont high fiving it at Mars!
Landing Jet Propulsion Laboratory GIF by NASA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realised I have Williams and Coleman on that bye so Walsh not feasible anyway 🤦🏻‍♂️
Im sure alot of people have those 3 on the bye, its two midpricers and a cheap premo, think you could probably have all 3, just need to find someone you think will average within 3 points on Walsh around that price or it's not worth changing.

Who we picking out of

LDU, Steele and Newcombe?

Steele has the easier matchups early on over LDU, but i don't know if i trust him xD.

Newcombe could be anything this season, could stay around the same points or just go boom.
I’ve had Steele whole time until this morning. Not sure I trust Mitchell to shove Newcombe to a half forward like last year. LDU if fit I think goes big. campaigner better not pull out last second this year. Trying to win fantasy not avoid unwanted pregnancies here 🙄

I’ve had Steele whole time until this morning. Not sure I trust Mitchell to shove Newcombe to a half forward like last year. LDU if fit I think goes big. campaigner better not pull out last second this year. Trying to win fantasy not avoid unwanted pregnancies here 🙄
Yeah i had LDU untill i looked at Scale of hardness and switched to Steele xD, but it's not updated yet so i guess wait and see till it is and go from there.

Yeah i had LDU untill i looked at Scale of hardness and switched to Steele xD, but it's not updated yet so i guess wait and see till it is and go from there.
Also, my Gut says LDU starts seasons in a burst ....whereas Steele is more likely to work into the season

I tend to look at which players score heavily early season versus those back half of season players

I also can't believe im saying this but i think im starting Macrae over Flanders lmao, ONLY if hes playing alot of mid in the prac games. If he's forward alot then no go, then im probably just having T Adams F1 lmao.

Only reason is because he has easy matchups early on, same with Bont, where as Flanders has 2 hard matchups into a bye, into another hard matchup. Best to get later on i think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back