Game Day 2024 Fantasy - Round One Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher I'm still bullish on. Had a good role, Colby won't go 94 every week.
Throw the fish back, give him a kiss if you must, but throw him back!

Yeah there are heaps of targets. But just try and pick the safest and follow the crowd (on here, not the common plebs in the wider public). Guarantee you move up doing nothing but following the crowd. I’ve done this for years and then reassess at the byes.

When I have Budarick and Reid as priorities it's hard to follow the crowd! Not even sure who I can grab for those two..

Jaiden Popowski's spreadsheet with worthwhile section has him needing ~79-80 to be worthwhile.

So want him to be 80+ to make it.
Yes this is the type of analysis that I’m not smart enough to calculate. But it just feels that ZW has to be 80-85 in my head and in my heart
The problem with this is Clark, Yeo and D'Ambrosio were the ideal D4-D6 this round (of the likely players) with Howes and a warm body at D7/D8. It would be interesting to know if anyone didn't have any of Budarick, Williams or Coffield but chances are most had one and many probably had Williams and Coffield. Williams was the right pick. If you've got Williams and none of Budarick, Coffield, Reid or Gibcus, you're doing alright.

Thought I was going ok, but slipped in the last couple of games to be ranked 21061. Was further back last year and struggled.

Worst selections Budarick, Witherden, Grundy, Fisher and Sexton.

Best Heeney, Flanders, Laird, Steele, Bonner, and Max. Backline rookies poor. Gibcus not to blame though. But needs replacing at some point.

When I have Budarick and Reid as priorities it's hard to follow the crowd! Not even sure who I can grab for those two..
I don’t think Z Reid needs to be dealt with. I have him too and just leaving it cos he’s not actually injured I think, was just hammy awareness. No def rookies are demanding to be picked, I already have Howes. Don’t worry about Reid now

Now Spudarick is an issue but he’s at a decent price to do stuff. Have to see your full side to see a good trade for you

I don’t think Z Reid needs to be dealt with. I have him too and just leaving it cos he’s not actually injured I think, was just hammy awareness. No def rookies are demanding to be picked, I already have Howes. Don’t worry about Reid now

Now Spudarick is an issue but he’s at a decent price to do stuff. Have to see your full side to see a good trade for you

Yeah, as soon as I posted it I thought the best approach may be Grundy and Budarick out to Xerri and maybe Young? Haven't crunched the numbers if I can afford that.

1710676626725.png

The problem with this is Clark, Yeo and D'Ambrosio were the ideal D4-D6 this round (of the likely players) with Howes and a warm body at D7/D8. It would be interesting to know if anyone didn't have any of Budarick, Williams or Coffield but chances are most had one and many probably had Williams and Coffield. Williams was the right pick. If you've got Williams and none of Budarick, Coffield, Reid or Gibcus, you're doing alright.
For me Howes D6 was good knowing what happened this week so happy I had that. I’m fine with Williams D5 and just hoping for better which he should do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, as soon as I posted it I thought the best approach may be Grundy and Budarick out to Xerri and maybe Young? Haven't crunched the numbers if I can afford that.

View attachment 1931228
You'd want to make sure Freo replace Worner with a defender before picking Young.

View attachment 1931228
Yes that’s the move. Now you justify trading Grundy with no guilt, get Xerri on the price rise and also match the crowd with Young.

All you miss is Dempsey but that’s ok, your rookies are fine.

Agreed, there are probably better point differentials available that both cover your best 18 goal. I have him too, and whilst annoying, not as important as getting someone like a Billings kind of player

Yes that’s the move. Now you justify trading Grundy with no guilt, get Xerri on the price rise and also match the crowd with Young.

All you miss is Dempsey but that’s ok, your rookies are fine.

Also gives me two less players on the bye so hopefully catches up some points on the crowd.

2219 ranked 25th, best start ever for me previous best start top 1.5k.

I had one unexpected big score in Xerri.

I could have had few more points with Windsor and Sharp on field.

Grundy sucked.View attachment 1931237
Thanks - great crack at it - nailed the 50 / 50 selections. Great side. Interesting Rnd 5 coming for you with Daicos, Roberts, Grundy, Heeney and Jordon all on Bye. Rnd 3 looming with Rowell, Sexton, Whits and Green on Bye.

Thanks - great crack at it - nailed the 50 / 50 selections. Great side. Interesting Rnd 5 coming for you with Daicos, Roberts, Grundy, Heeney and Jordon all on Bye. Rnd 3 looming with Rowell, Sexton, Whits and Green on Bye.
yeah it's going to be rough especially the grundy bye, trading game afterall.

I don't think there is a clear cut answer to how to handle them but I will be avoiding sideways trading the premos during them as much as I can.

2219 ranked 25th, best start ever for me previous best start top 1.5k.

I had one unexpected big score in Xerri.

I could have had few more points with Windsor and Sharp on field.

Grundy sucked.View attachment 1931237
I’d be crackling a bottle of Veuve over that score

2160. PODs (Massimo, Holmes, Bonner) were huge. Will most likely trade Reid for Hore. Sexton/Fisher also on the block, liking the look of Dempsey and Perkins.

2160. PODs (Massimo, Holmes, Bonner) were huge. Will most likely trade Reid for Hore. Sexton/Fisher also on the block, liking the look of Dempsey and Perkins.
Perkins looked unreal.

I wouldn't get rid of Sexton just yet.

Fisher I would get rid of, he has had no history of scoring.

Grats on Massimo he looked the goods, tempted to get rid of yeo for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back