Position 2024 Fantasy Rucks

How much impact will R0 have on determining your RUCK combo ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 0 sees the clash of "MATES"...... well former team mates at least GRUNDY vs GAWN. The massive plan of tag teaming Grundy with Gawn was a much heralded fail.

From a Fantasy perspective, we don't care how much Collingwood was paying of Grundy's salary, or even if any of that goes to Sydney now. We just want a durable ruck who can give a viable alternative to English or Marshall at a fraction of the cost. We are bargain hunting here! So we look first at last season:

1704599846909.png

Then Grundy's output the season before (2022):
1704599987342.png

And for good measure, the season before that (2021):
1704600165465.png

It's not a particularly deep dive. Impacts the big Cox and Darcy Cameron has had on his output could be looked at as well, but I doubt it will have a material effect on the following question:

If you are considering Brodie Grundy for your Fantasy side, what do you need to see from him in the Mates Showdown in Sydney between Grundy and Gawn on Thursday March 7th?

Last edited:

Some ominous early findings.
West Coast rucks vs.

Rd 1 Soldo 98 (Soldo Rd 2 v Richmond 59)
Rd 2 Briggs 111 (Briggs Rd 0 65 & Rd 1 46)

Considerable score differential.

Rd 3 - English (at Marvel) 150+???

West Coast rucks vs.

English did just play against Moyle and only got 112 (granted it was at Mars). Definitely a chance, but I'm not sure if it is a certainty. Could just put up another 110 score.

West Coast rucks vs.

English did just play against Moyle and only got 112 (granted it was at Mars). Definitely a chance, but I'm not sure if it is a certainty. Could just put up another 110 score.
The law of diminishing returns suggests English may wind up somewhere in the middle

Finnbar Maley likely to replace CCJ ....and Toby Conway a big chance for Monday

I'd love to know what Maley's fantasy and SC score would have been in the VFL on the weekend.

He took about 8 monster contested marks. Kicks it like Levi Casboult though, he's going to be a bit of a cult figure at AFL level.

Highlights of his game here:

Goad is going to be an absolutely ridiculous fantasy player in a couple of years. He moves like Luke Jackson but is the size of Max Gawn.

A few years off physically though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know what Maley's fantasy and SC score would have been in the VFL on the weekend.

He took about 8 monster contested marks. Kicks it like Levi Casboult though, he's going to be a bit of a cult figure at AFL level.

Highlights of his game here:

Goad is going to be an absolutely ridiculous fantasy player in a couple of years. He moves like Luke Jackson but is the size of Max Gawn.

A few years off physically though.

113 fantasy pts

Back