Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, we did finish top six, so will get the toughest tier of double-ups, plus of course the Crows who are scary. Nowhere to hide next year, except if your name is Ken Hinkley.

Tough draw the last two years and you'd expect a tough one next year. Plus our AFLW team got screwed this season too. Not getting any favours from the AFL lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicted double ups if we are to get a hard fixture again:

Top 6: Collingwood, Brisbane
Middle 6: Adelaide, Geelong
Bottom 6: Richmond, Fremantle

I say Richmond because they might have the dead cat bounce in Yze’s first year, and Freo because that will just about guarantee a loss in Perth.

You'd expect we'd be wanting round 2 at home for Travis's 350.
I feel like either the AFL will try and make a big deal of this with something like Port vs Geelong at home on a Saturday night with a whole bunch of lead in stories about how Geelong tried to poach him and what a true hero he is for staying with the battler club

or

it'll be Port v Suns in a graveyard slot with the mention of the games buried between 2 Victorian blokes playing their 50th games

Wasn't the suggestion that the opening games in NSW (and maybe QLD) would be stand-alone but then those teams would play again the next weekend as well?

I can't see any scenario where Port gets to host the first Friday night game of the season anyway

What the * is the point of making Round 1 a split round?
Especially considering the season is already a week longer with Gather Round.

Didn’t these precious players wanted less working weeks not more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back