Racing 2024 G1 Melbourne Cup (3200m)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lunchtime

Senior List
Mar 23, 2024
AFL Club
Carlton
Might as well get a Melbourne Cup thread started for Cup discussion.

Sevenna's Knight won a Group 3 3000m race in France last night by about 8 lengths, I watched it, race was called the Prix de Barbeville. Currently paying $51 for the Melbourne Cup. Past winners of the Prix de Barbeville who have come to Australia include Marmelo and Dunaden. Sevenna's Knight....might head to Australia??

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/5gum2MdqezaNBjsu/?mibextid=oFDknk

T O ROYAL the other from yesterday who won the Tenno Sho and the owner said post race he wanted to go to the Melbourne Cup if he could. Obviously big quarantine issues but he would be the best Japanese horse to come out here

$51 on Bet365. It wasn't even listed on sportsbet so I told them, they just sent me an email and they have included Sevenna's Knight in the Cup market and have priced him at $41. On WA TAB he has been priced at $34.

Thanks to the early intel.

Was able to take a slice of Sevennas Knight at 51s on Betr and T O Royal at 75s on SB

Both into 15 on SB now

Yeah we all gotta look after each other and get the big odds before they shorten lol.

Sevenna's Knight wasn't even listed in the Sportsbet Melbourne Cup market, I then queried it with Sportsbet - that was on Monday. Then today they email me and tell me Sevenna's Knight is now in the market and priced at $41.

On WA TAB Sevenna's Knight was priced at $34

sportsbet, they have sevennas knight at 41, and sevenna's knight at 15 lmao. the difference is 26$, and the difference is also an apostrophe

Gee...you are right....how amateur is that....same horse listed twice lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you bet on a horse now and it doesn’t enter/start, I’m assuming that’s a void? Or doesn’t apply to futures?
As far as I’m aware, most companies give you money back if the horse isn’t listed in the first declarations. Otherwise, it’s dead money.

Jeez, I'm hard pressed trying to do the form for Saturday let alone taking a futures bet on a race 6 months away. Good luck if you can source some overs though. Best overs i got in recent years was King Colorado in last year's Atkins. got 101, 81 and 50/1 before its maiden win and after. They don't come along every day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back