List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it hard to believe they will make the changes ahead of next year. Teams plan a year in advance for father son and academy selections with the way they move picks around. Clubs would lose it and the AFL would know that.

Plus I don't think the system is that broken so hopefully they don't try reinvent the wheel.

All they need is to review the points value of early picks compared to later ones and limit the amount of academy selections in the 1st round. Could also look at the discount system but don't think it really matters if you get the 1st 2 things right.

I find it hard to believe they will make the changes ahead of next year. Teams plan a year in advance for father son and academy selections with the way they move picks around. Clubs would lose it and the AFL would know that.

Plus I don't think the system is that broken so hopefully they don't try reinvent the wheel.

All they need is to review the points value of early picks compared to later ones and limit the amount of academy selections in the 1st round. Could also look at the discount system but don't think it really matters if you get the 1st 2 things right.
One would hope this is the case. Seems sensible. However, may I just say that this it will be AFL House that will make this decision, and I sometimes wonder if the 'A' stands for arbitrary....

AFL specializes in hard believe - North have over 8000 points now, GC after all there picks is 4.4k (I think) hard to believe they have double the next team. They make s**t up as they go, they won’t completely * us but u can pencil in a “very heavy petting” at least - it’s how they roll

AFL specializes in hard believe - North have over 8000 points now, GC after all there picks is 4.4k (I think) hard to believe they have double the next team. They make s**t up as they go, they won’t completely * us but u can pencil in a “very heavy petting” at least - it’s how they roll

I still cant believe Gold Coast managed to pretty much turn pick 4 into 4 first round picks this year plus 2 next year. Inctedible.

I hope we look at Brodie McLaughlin as a mature Rookie/DFA.
Not a star but a big body that can cover a few roles for us. 25yo and had a great year at reserves level.

Back up tall forward (but like Mihochek) who can also relief ruck

Cheap and a good list player

For sure. We need someone like that.

Easy way to sum up Dodoro

Has good eye for talent, extremely difficult to deal with, which hurts the greater cause

Single-minded when considering the above, so either never addresses real needs and or never build a core group to rise at the same time

Lose BZT, pay more for an equivalent in McKay

Gresham another flanker/small mid

Goldie, gone in a year, 2 at most

Glorious

Dodoro

• Hardball with Dunkley, went to team that made the Grand Final and performed as one of their best players all season.
  • Tried pulling a last minute trade for Bobby Hill without GWS knowing beforehand and then wouldn't stump up enough to get a deal done. Norm Smith Medallist for the Pies the next year
  • Tried getting a deal done for Jack Martin but refused to pay up, missed out on him.
  • Refused to trade Joe Daniher for 2 First rounders which ended up costing us Papley. Lost him to FA the next year for 1 First round pick.
  • Refused to pay up for Shiel until a higher up at the Dons overruled him to get a deal done. This was after multiple clubs expressed interest in the player and gave their word that they'd get a deal done including Dodo.
  • Requested Sam Walsh, Harry Mckay or Charlie Curnow and a First Rounder for Adam Saad when he requested to leave.
Thats all in the last few years.

Blokes an absolute peanut.
Was quite cathartic reading that.
🥜 🥜 🥜

The one thing they should do is scrap compensation for out of contract players and free agents. It's ludicrous clubs receive compensation for players out of contract. I don't really have a problem with academy players. If a club can produce enough players and have the draft capital to pay for them like the Suns, then good on them. The Suns shouldn't be penalized because they've managed to produce 3, if not 4, excellent players through their own academy and development systems.

Would definitely like our club to give VFL star Shawn Mannagh a go. He's a goer for a 180cm player. Can play forward, midfield and back and kicked 40 goals this year. 1 game he kicked 7 and in the VFL GF he was best on with 6 goals.

I think he would have an immediate impact up forward and pressure for spots would be that much greater.

Hoping like hell we pick him up this year

Would definitely like our club to give VFL star Shawn Mannagh a go. He's a goer for a 180cm player. Can play forward, midfield and back and kicked 40 goals this year. 1 game he kicked 7 and in the VFL GF he was best on with 6 goals.

I think he would have an immediate impact up forward and pressure for spots would be that much greater.

Hoping like hell we pick him up this year

You don’t think he’ll be following Barlow with the Werribee connection to North?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wanna say

Hollands played 19 games this year

19! The kid has so much room for growth with size and getting used to afl etc and yet he played 19 games in a side that made a prelim.

Most of all, he was involved in the clubs best moment of footy in over 20 years.

I see 300 games for sure
Yep. A plug & play youngster of his quality neverlands at Carlton, other than freaks like Vanilla.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back