List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how his pre season has been, but VIC Metro/Nirthern Knights key defender Christian Mardini is with our VFL program. Played a couple of championship games and was adequate. Lister 197cm 85kg in draft year, so a long term prospect. Has a booming left foot and very safe short kicking.

Certainly not a short term prospect, but from a Carlton mad family as mentioned on here by a poster leading up to the draft. Very raw and physically under developed in the footage I am rewatching intermittently with he and Matt Carroll. Edit, Billy Wilson playing same game for VCountry.

I would like nothing better than finding a cheap KPD right in our back yard after gifting the Saints Caminiti last year.

I am sure there are hidden prospects around.

losing sos is terrible but seeing smart options being thrown around here has me thinking this is definitely how to make lemonade out of pips, peels, pith & pulp...........

losing sos is terrible but seeing smart options being thrown around here has me thinking this is definitely how to make lemonade out of pips, peels, pith & pulp...........
I love your positivity. And just so i can feel even betterer, can you give me a player name previously that came in due to a late breaking injury that had a good impact for us in that season? I really need to hear some good news.

I love your positivity. And just so i can feel even betterer, can you give me a player name previously that came in due to a late breaking injury that had a good impact for us in that season? I really need to hear some good news.
Alex Cincotta for Zac Williams. Next question..

Going to take some time to develop, lesser version of Olle Murphy
Makes me think it may be better to find someone more mature who is able to contribute (in a pinch) to the team this year. Someone like Brodie Mclaughlin (if he's good enough) was mentioned.

Unless there is that mature AFL quality player around now, (or failing that, a youngster who has all the skills and potential that was unlucky to be overlooked at the drafts) it may be better to wait. I just don't think we should try to take the best of the rest, particularly if we have doubts about the quality of 'all' the players in the rest.

We can easily cut a mature player, for the return of SOS, at the end of the year if he doesn't cut it, but maybe it's not so easy to do that with a younger player who we know won't play this year because he needs time. And, even with that time/years and commitment from us, he might turn out to be just average in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite like McMahon. Can play tall forward or back either as a 3rd tall or undersized key, similar to JSOS. Might even be able to do some ruck work as he is pretty tall (although light). Great type to have a as depth as he covers multiple positions.

No to Ramshaw. Doesn't fill a need and would be behind a lot of players. Has some talent but isn't what you use this type of pick for.
Ramshaw would be my choice i reckon he would go up one level better. I was surprised he wasn't taken as a rookie i guess they were looking how would he step up in his proper second season in VFL. He can play as a small defender small forward in the midfield also tags has speed to burn and tackles. He would have played AFL last year when we had injury and poor form if was on the list. The spot would be good back up even if he doesn't get a game in AFL all it could will drive him further in VFL to get a opportunity if injury hit or poor form from players. McMahon will not get a look in i feel as we got other talls i would have back up for players we lost like Fisher and Dow. Ramshaw is a good tackler like Fogarty. Ramshaw can play multiple unlike some of them yes he will be behind midfield group. I personally feel he would be better and harder than Jordan Boyd.

Last edited:
Makes me think it may be better to find someone more mature who is able to contribute (in a pinch) to the team this year. Someone like Brodie Mclaughlin (if he's good enough) was mentioned.

Unless there is that mature AFL quality player around now, (or failing that, a youngster who has all the skills and potential that was unlucky to be overlooked at the drafts) it may be better to wait. I just don't think we should try to take the best of the rest, particularly if we have doubts about the quality of 'all' the players in the rest.

We can easily cut a mature player, for the return of SOS, at the end of the year if he doesn't cut it, but maybe it's not so easy to do that with a younger player who we know won't play this year because he needs time. And, even with that time/years and commitment from us, he might turn out to be just average in the end.
And there is also P.Voss cut by * & pre-season training at the Dockers for their SSP availability.

And there is also P.Voss cut by * & pre-season training at the Dockers for their SSP availability.
I have an * supporter “mate”… who was gutted they didn’t give P Voss a go apparently played well in their ressies hard at it mid size/3rd forward. Could actually be a good get for Freo if that’s the case.

If you look at the second Carlton v coll game (as I did last night), you can see how valuable Martin is. The out-bodying of Maynard (on several occasions) to take marks or cause a spill was a thing of beauty imho. When you factor in the skill, game sense, leadership to the hardness it makes for a very, very valuable package.

I’m a big fan.
IMO, Our most talented player and massively important to our finals aspirations. We can win without him, and he's not as critical to our structure as Weiters, but he is a clutch player who makes things happen. It's no co-incidence that we started winning when he came back into the side last year.

While not completely solidified, I believe our list is much more balanced than what it was at the start of the rebuild

That balance not only in spine, and ample numbers in each arc, but a greater balance in role players v xfactor types

The work never ends, you continue to rejuvenate and or target short term needs to constantly maintain a strong unit

Second ruck/forward ruck position now looks fragile. Pitto and TDK fit it's obvious what happens. Both wont play every game. When Pitto is out TDK is number 1 ruck. This and when TDK is out is tricky for us. Who plays the forward/second ruck role? Get a feeling it will be a real weak spot with no Silvagni in the side. Barring a miracle, say Lemmy becoming AFL ready overnight or Young stepping up in a big way I'm struggling to see how it's not a weak spot for us. Fingers crossed there is a solution and we can make top 4 and get Pitto and TDK through the finals series.

Second ruck/forward ruck position now looks fragile. Pitto and TDK fit it's obvious what happens. Both wont play every game. When Pitto is out TDK is number 1 ruck. This and when TDK is out is tricky for us. Who plays the forward/second ruck role? Get a feeling it will be a real weak spot with no Silvagni in the side. Barring a miracle, say Lemmy becoming AFL ready overnight or Young stepping up in a big way I'm struggling to see how it's not a weak spot for us. Fingers crossed there is a solution and we can make top 4 and get Pitto and TDK through the finals series.

I don't think it's any less or more fragile

Durdin and Young can chop out anywhere down the spine

Harry can do some forward 50 stoppages

And, we still have time to target another role player in the SSP

If we get someone on the list to replace SOS, I wouldn't bother looking for a 3rd tall forward. It's hardly a high priority position for us. I suspect the coach prefers De Koning or one of our mobile medium's in that role anyway. Just get someone young and talented.

I think they’ll rotate from 70/30 Pitto to 50/50 to probably 60/40 TDK throughout the year. We may see 80/20 pitto with Lewis young when TDK needs a break. And ditto for pittos rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back