List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Yawn.

Mac Andrew is a great athlete, and learning the game. Has made some errors but also shown that you can't teach someone to be as athletic as he is.

He should be good. I'm happy with Rachele.
Andrew was also taken before Rachele, so it’s a damn moot point anyway

Maybe a touch expensive and a year too long given injury history last few years. Also implies club thinks we're close to finishing the product.

The club was saying that at the end of last year. Clearly they think from a draft perspective we are finished rebuilding - now trying to trade for FA and recruits to fill the gaps to finish off. Whether we have drafted a strong enough foundation is the question

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here's something I don't think I've seen much. (Fully aware it probably won't be popular.)

We should be asking if Tyson Stengle has any interest in returning to the club. We have a stack of cash. He's an elite small forward who'll be an UFA for the rest of his career. The club today is very different to the one he left. A minuscule chance of it happening, for a bunch of reasons, and I can understand why some folks here might be against it – but I think it's worth asking.
He may not want to

Forgive my ignorance on the draft crop, and draft/trade in general... but any chance we'd look at trading UP with our first pick to target Draper? (assuming Welsh isn't going at pick 1-4). Similar to how Port moved up with multiple trades to acquire the pick they used on Rozee....could we move up from 8-9ish to 2 or 3? Then use points from later picks to match on Welsh?
Not sure what it would require.... or who would come to the table out of North / Rich / WCE / Haw.

Highly unlikely that Draper won’t be available to us. We will be pick 5-8 and I think it’s unlikely Draper goes top 5.

Welsh more likely to be 12-20

All could change over the next 6 weeks or so of National carnival but plenty of VIC boys have already moved up the rankings so the SA boys will have to perform very well to go higher

Andrew was also taken before Rachele, so it’s a damn moot point anyway
Exactly.

So who is looking potentially better than Rankine at pick 6.

8 Amiss
11 Wanganeen-Milera
33 Owens
36 Soligo

Rankine likely to be top 10 & decent value, unlike our other recent pick 6...

Highly unlikely that Draper won’t be available to us. We will be pick 5-8 and I think it’s unlikely Draper goes top 5.

All could change over the next 6 weeks or so of National carnival but plenty of VIC boys have already moved up the rankings so the SA boys will have to perform very well to go higher

ok thanks for that.
Would there be another top 2-3 midfielder we could target on the same premise?
is it weird kind of hoping Welsh is lower down the order?...but that inherently would mean he's a lesser player....i realise it's flawed, but I want a bargain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's something I don't think I've seen much. (Fully aware it probably won't be popular.)

We should be asking if Tyson Stengle has any interest in returning to the club. We have a stack of cash. He's an elite small forward who'll be an UFA for the rest of his career. The club today is very different to the one he left. A minuscule chance of it happening, for a bunch of reasons, and I can understand why some folks here might be against it – but I think it's worth asking.
Hard to imagine but would be an excellent pickup for us with Rankine going midfield.

Thanks, hope your right. As you say plenty of football still to be played.

Welsh has really dropped away. There was even a suggestion he could of been pick 1 about 12 months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back