List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It has worked before with the Cats and Tigers. Kelly and Pickett both improved their clubs after being overlooked for years.
We should have some insight too from his Peel days.
But is he a goal kicking mid, or a small forward at AFL?
As a mid he is just another name stuck behind the favourites of the coach.
If Erasmus can’t get a game, or find a spot with his disposal numbers?
Brodie being banished, as a midfielder it might not be a wise pick?
surely hes a small forward at AFL level?

We should get Nathan Wilson for 6months if we don't really find another option.

Really that's would the MSD is meant to be for right? Plug n play mature ager to address a major area of need. Zero fitting in time, at worst don't begrudge willo some extra bucks for doing nada

Saw the highlight reel of Winder's 3 goals against Perth Demons last week. There wasn't much pizazz to them, and Perth defenders were pretty slack. He just bobbed up in the right places in the forward 50m and converted, although it seems he's been playing midfield at South Fremantle and getting good disposal numbers every week. Peel play South after the state game.

The drunken assault incident with some tourists after an Indigenous players get together in Geelong the 2022 post-season would have played a part in him being discarded by West Coast list management at the end of 2023 (as well as their decision to hang on to some of their oldies for another year). He didn't receive a conviction and didn't cause an injury, though the description of the incident is of frightening and deplorable conduct.

It has worked before with the Cats and Tigers. Kelly and Pickett both improved their clubs after being overlooked for years.
We should have some insight too from his Peel days.
But is he a goal kicking mid, or a small forward at AFL?
As a mid he is just another name stuck behind the favourites of the coach.
If Erasmus can’t get a game, or find a spot with his disposal numbers?
Brodie being banished, as a midfielder it might not be a wise pick?
I think he can play hf.

Saw the highlight reel of Winder's 3 goals against Perth Demons last week. There wasn't much pizazz to them, and Perth defenders were pretty slack. He just bobbed up in the right places in the forward 50m and converted, although it seems he's been playing midfield at South Fremantle and getting good disposal numbers every week. Peel play South after the state game.

The drunken assault incident with some tourists after an Indigenous players get together in Geelong the 2022 post-season would have played a part in him being discarded by West Coast list management at the end of 2023 (as well as their decision to hang on to some of their oldies for another year). He didn't receive a conviction and didn't cause an injury, though the description of the incident is of frightening and deplorable conduct.
Oh right. I hadn't heard about that.
He certainly isn't an excitement machine but pretty organised and neat and tidy

I assume you guys have a pick in the MSD?

Jacob Blight is one that's played his way into the mid season draft conversation through his strong start to the season for Peel Thunder. Jacob's a big and mature key defender who's a solid aerialist and has a nice penetrating kick, although in this game we see him miss a few.

Jacob Blight is one that's played his way into the mid season draft conversation through his strong start to the season for Peel Thunder. Jacob's a big and mature key defender who's a solid aerialist and has a nice penetrating kick, although in this game we see him miss a few.

Yeah we all know about Blight on here, he plays for our reserves side, hopefully he gets a gig somewhere but we have too many kpds on our list already

Blight would be a very good pick as a KPD. Has had a good season at Peel. However Freo are already OK with big defenders and have Cox about to come back in around mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The west reckons 9 clubs have met with him so you'd think he is definitely being picked up

Could've had him as a cat b rookie, will be very interesting if he does make it

The west reckons 9 clubs have met with him so you'd think he is definitely being picked up

Could've had him as a cat b rookie, will be very interesting if he does make it

Getting Draper instead looks like a good call.

Williams was always going to be a slow burn. Has all the skill and athletic attributes needed to be a gun winger/HBF at AFL level. Unfortunately though his body needed more work than almost anyone we’ve ever placed on our list. I hope the club gives him at least his three years on the rookie list - hopefully he’s a consistent WAFL player by next year and if he is we might have something.

Before Covid there was three Category B spots. My understanding was we nearly went Scaife instead of Williams - the club would’ve listed all three if the third Category B spot still existed. Surprised the AFL hasn’t brought back the third slot tbh.

Getting Draper instead looks like a good call.

Williams was always going to be a slow burn. Has all the skill and athletic attributes needed to be a gun winger/HBF at AFL level. Unfortunately though his body needed more work than almost anyone we’ve ever placed on our list. I hope the club gives him at least his three years on the rookie list - hopefully he’s a consistent WAFL player by next year and if he is we might have something.

Before Covid there was three Category B spots. My understanding was we nearly went Scaife instead of Williams - the club would’ve listed all three if the third Category B spot still existed. Surprised the AFL hasn’t brought back the third slot tbh.
May have gone with Ultan Kelm if the third spot was there

Hope we haven't missed on with Scaife, feel like we have a tonne of project talls already anyway

This guy might be more inline with what you guys are after, although I wonder if its a year too soon for Will. He's got some elements of his game he needs to work on, namely defensive efforts/pressure.

----

Will McLachlan's name was running hot in MSD discussions after this 6 goal haul against Murray. Will plays a little like a smaller Bayley Fritsch, getting a high percentage of his scoring shots from marking on the lead into space and up to the ball carrier. He'll need to work on his defensive efforts at the next level.

This guy might be more inline with what you guys are after, although I wonder if its a year too soon for Will. He's got some elements of his game he needs to work on, namely defensive efforts/pressure.

----

Will McLachlan's name was running hot in MSD discussions after this 6 goal haul against Murray. Will plays a little like a smaller Bayley Fritsch, getting a high percentage of his scoring shots from marking on the lead into space and up to the ball carrier. He'll need to work on his defensive efforts at the next level.

Sam Sturt lite.

----

Don't think he lasts til our pick, hope we grab him if he does

12 days until the draft. I really hope we get 1 or 2 players that add some pressure to spots in our forward half.

Winder looks to be a no brainer. I would like one more pick, but that would mean we would need to open up a spot.

I think we could put McDonald on the LTI list, he is still 11-13 weeks until he is ready. I am pretty sure you can swap him for another player late in the year, providing we have someone injured at that point.

I am hoping I am not disappointed, and we pass.

12 days until the draft. I really hope we get 1 or 2 players that add some pressure to spots in our forward half.

Winder looks to be a no brainer. I would like one more pick, but that would mean we would need to open up a spot.

I think we could put McDonald on the LTI list, he is still 11-13 weeks until he is ready. I am pretty sure you can swap him for another player late in the year, providing we have someone injured at that point.

I am hoping I am not disappointed, and we pass.
Reckon we're far more likely to take no picks than 2.

Not a great deal of point anyway since anybody picked is unlikely to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back